Drawing blood is difficult enough. However, with the proper education, a phlebotomist in Alaska can do well for themselves.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Alaska
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Health Care Administration
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Science
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
To be a phlebotomist, you need at least a high school degree. The level of education you get after that depends on whether you want to be a limited technician, technician I or technician II.
A limited technician needs 20 hours in the classroom to familiarize themselves with the theories and techniques. After that, 25 supervised skin punctures are done in clinical training.
Phlebotomist technician I training includes 40 hours of classroom training, 40 hours of clinical practice, and 10 supervised skin punctures and 50 venipunctures. Then you can apply for the certification.
To be a certified technician II, you must be a licensed technician I. You must also have had 1040 hours, at the least, of clinical training in the past five years. A written letter must be provided that shows you have done the required 20 arterial punctures. Then you can apply for certification.
Application and Costs
The application process will change from school to school. Tuition costs also change from school to school.
One school to check out is the AK Star Training Institute. Their phlebotomy course is worth six college credits. Upon application, you must show that you are CPR and first aid certified and have a high school diploma or GED. A practical exam and written exam will be given at the end. Clinical hours must be completed in addition to passing the test. More information is available via the school.
The University of Alaska Fairbanks Community and Technical College also offers phlebotomy courses. The course requires between 30 and 38 credits and can be finished within two semesters. Applicants must complete an application packet and submit it. Once the courses are finished, you can take the national exam and get a national certification. You will be certified, however, as a phlebotomist graduate after finishing this course. More information is available via the school.
Phlebotomy Services offers a three day training program online. The location of the in person third day is in three states a month, and they change monthly. The two online days must be completed before the third day is attended – no exceptions at all. Tuition is $899, but $50 can be dropped if three or more people apply from the same company. $50 will be added if the registration happens less than three weeks before the class begins.
However, this training is not sufficient enough for a phlebotomist course itself. It must be supplemented with a state accredited course.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
No matter what level of phlebotomist you are, there are three things you must do every two years to renew your certification: complete six hours of continuing education training, display certification clearly wherever you work, and pay the renewal fee.
Maintaining your license requires that you complete three hours of continuing education classes each year. You must also be documented annually for competency. Limited technicians and technician Is will be supervised monthly for a review of skin punctures.
Salary and Jobs
A phlebotomist can earn $21,000 a year in an entry level job. Higher paying jobs can pay $43,000 or higher, depending on what the job is, who employs you, and where you live.
In Alaska, an entry level job can net $28,150. A high paying job can net $42,256. The median in Alaska is $34,863. A phlebotomist could draw blood, work with blood in the lab, or run blood drives.
More Phlebotomy Training in Alaska
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Alaska Career College||Anchorage||(907) 563-7575||1415 E. Tudor Road|
Anchorage, AK 99507