Phlebotomists enjoy of the most personally rewarding careers in a medical setting. These trained technicians assist doctors and patients by drawing blood accurately for diagnostic tests. A Phlebotomist possesses the skill to draw blood correctly for submission to testing laboratories in accordance with a doctor’s instructions. Skilled technicians in this field can extract samples with a minimum of pain for the patient. If you’ve ever considered working in a health care environment, then you might want to pursue an education to become a Phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Albuquerque
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant Spanish
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
At the present time, no states issue Phlebotomy licenses. However, four states do require a technician to seek certification in this field in order to work as a Phlebotomy Technician: Louisiana, Nevada, California and Washington. A capable Phlebotomist must possess the ability to read and write in order to read test requests from physicians or diagnostic labs. These technicians also must meet health and safety rules established by medical facilities. Although formal eligibility requirements do not exist for this occupation, as a practical matter most employers will only hire Phlebotomists who have sought certifications to demonstrate competency drawing blood. Typically, a learner who has taken classes and received a certificate in Phlebotomy will then sit for an examination from a recognized independent certifying organization to become a fully Certified Phlebotomist.
Application Process & Costs
Since no state issues a license for Phlebotomy, few institutions offer formal degree programs in this subject. Technicians in this field sometimes hold degrees in unrelated subjects. Most colleges and schools accepting students into fast Phlebotomy training require at least a high school diploma or GED, however. Prices can range from slightly under $1,000 for a quick Phlebotomy course to $4,000 or more for courses in this subject that include extensive preparation or several semesters.
Many students in Albuquerque attend formal long term medical programs in nursing or medicine that also offer experience collecting blood samples from patients. Quite a number of people who plan on entering the Phlebotomy field seek certificates in Phlebotomy through briefer study in a program offered by a college or vocational school. Some locally accessible educational institutions that teach students how to draw blood as part of the curriculum include these resources:
University of New Mexico, 1634 University Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102;
Central New Mexico Community College, 525 Buena Vista Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106;
Santa Fe Community College, 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Several recognized bodies offer credentials in Phlebotomy. Some require Phlebotomists to re-certify at regular intervals by passing examinations to establish their proficiency. Others mandate ongoing continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
Phlebotomists receive an average annual salary of $31,890. They typically earn hourly compensation in the United States ranging between a low of $10.65 and $21.06. Job prospects in the field appear outstanding, due to the aging of the large Baby Boomer demographic. By 2020, the United States Department of Labor predicts that many additional Phlebotomists will find employment as a result of the need to collect blood samples from a growing senior population under medical care. Phlebotomists sometimes work part-time, or during weekend or night shifts. Taking a Phlebotomy class may launch a student on a path towards a very rewarding career.