Phlebotomists enjoy of the most personally rewarding careers in a medical setting. These trained technicians assist doctors and patients by drawing blood accurately for diagnostic tests. A Phlebotomist possesses the skill to draw blood correctly for submission to testing laboratories in accordance with a doctor’s instructions. Skilled technicians in this field can extract samples with a minimum of pain for the patient. If you’ve ever considered working in a health care environment, then you might want to pursue an education to become a Phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Albuquerque
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
At the present time, no states issue Phlebotomy licenses. However, four states do require a technician to seek certification in this field in order to work as a Phlebotomy Technician: Louisiana, Nevada, California and Washington. A capable Phlebotomist must possess the ability to read and write in order to read test requests from physicians or diagnostic labs. These technicians also must meet health and safety rules established by medical facilities. Although formal eligibility requirements do not exist for this occupation, as a practical matter most employers will only hire Phlebotomists who have sought certifications to demonstrate competency drawing blood. Typically, a learner who has taken classes and received a certificate in Phlebotomy will then sit for an examination from a recognized independent certifying organization to become a fully Certified Phlebotomist.
Application Process & Costs
Since no state issues a license for Phlebotomy, few institutions offer formal degree programs in this subject. Technicians in this field sometimes hold degrees in unrelated subjects. Most colleges and schools accepting students into fast Phlebotomy training require at least a high school diploma or GED, however. Prices can range from slightly under $1,000 for a quick Phlebotomy course to $4,000 or more for courses in this subject that include extensive preparation or several semesters.
Many students in Albuquerque attend formal long term medical programs in nursing or medicine that also offer experience collecting blood samples from patients. Quite a number of people who plan on entering the Phlebotomy field seek certificates in Phlebotomy through briefer study in a program offered by a college or vocational school. Some locally accessible educational institutions that teach students how to draw blood as part of the curriculum include these resources:
University of New Mexico, 1634 University Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102;
Central New Mexico Community College, 525 Buena Vista Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106;
Santa Fe Community College, 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Several recognized bodies offer credentials in Phlebotomy. Some require Phlebotomists to re-certify at regular intervals by passing examinations to establish their proficiency. Others mandate ongoing continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
Phlebotomists receive an average annual salary of $31,890. They typically earn hourly compensation in the United States ranging between a low of $10.65 and $21.06. Job prospects in the field appear outstanding, due to the aging of the large Baby Boomer demographic. By 2020, the United States Department of Labor predicts that many additional Phlebotomists will find employment as a result of the need to collect blood samples from a growing senior population under medical care. Phlebotomists sometimes work part-time, or during weekend or night shifts. Taking a Phlebotomy class may launch a student on a path towards a very rewarding career.