Phlebotomists enjoy of the most personally rewarding careers in a medical setting. These trained technicians assist doctors and patients by drawing blood accurately for diagnostic tests. A Phlebotomist possesses the skill to draw blood correctly for submission to testing laboratories in accordance with a doctor’s instructions. Skilled technicians in this field can extract samples with a minimum of pain for the patient. If you’ve ever considered working in a health care environment, then you might want to pursue an education to become a Phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Albuquerque
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant Spanish
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
At the present time, no states issue Phlebotomy licenses. However, four states do require a technician to seek certification in this field in order to work as a Phlebotomy Technician: Louisiana, Nevada, California and Washington. A capable Phlebotomist must possess the ability to read and write in order to read test requests from physicians or diagnostic labs. These technicians also must meet health and safety rules established by medical facilities. Although formal eligibility requirements do not exist for this occupation, as a practical matter most employers will only hire Phlebotomists who have sought certifications to demonstrate competency drawing blood. Typically, a learner who has taken classes and received a certificate in Phlebotomy will then sit for an examination from a recognized independent certifying organization to become a fully Certified Phlebotomist.
Application Process & Costs
Since no state issues a license for Phlebotomy, few institutions offer formal degree programs in this subject. Technicians in this field sometimes hold degrees in unrelated subjects. Most colleges and schools accepting students into fast Phlebotomy training require at least a high school diploma or GED, however. Prices can range from slightly under $1,000 for a quick Phlebotomy course to $4,000 or more for courses in this subject that include extensive preparation or several semesters.
Many students in Albuquerque attend formal long term medical programs in nursing or medicine that also offer experience collecting blood samples from patients. Quite a number of people who plan on entering the Phlebotomy field seek certificates in Phlebotomy through briefer study in a program offered by a college or vocational school. Some locally accessible educational institutions that teach students how to draw blood as part of the curriculum include these resources:
University of New Mexico, 1634 University Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102;
Central New Mexico Community College, 525 Buena Vista Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106;
Santa Fe Community College, 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Several recognized bodies offer credentials in Phlebotomy. Some require Phlebotomists to re-certify at regular intervals by passing examinations to establish their proficiency. Others mandate ongoing continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
Phlebotomists receive an average annual salary of $31,890. They typically earn hourly compensation in the United States ranging between a low of $10.65 and $21.06. Job prospects in the field appear outstanding, due to the aging of the large Baby Boomer demographic. By 2020, the United States Department of Labor predicts that many additional Phlebotomists will find employment as a result of the need to collect blood samples from a growing senior population under medical care. Phlebotomists sometimes work part-time, or during weekend or night shifts. Taking a Phlebotomy class may launch a student on a path towards a very rewarding career.