Phlebotomists have an interesting line of work: collecting blood via venipuncture, arterial, and skin punctures, depending upon the level of education. The work is fun and different. The education focuses on science, and has clinical training as well.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Arizona
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Health and Wellness
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
There are three types of phlebotomists: limited phlebotomy technician, phlebotomy technician I, and phlebotomy technician II. The education requirements and training requirements go up in difficulty as the number of jobs available goes up as well.
For a limited phlebotomy technician, you must have:
a high school diploma/GED
20 hrs. of theory training by approved program
do 25 supervised skin punctures during clinical training
apply for certification
The additional requirements for a phlebotomy technician I are:
high school diploma/GED
40 hrs. of theory training
40 hrs. of practical training (must do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures during this time)
pass written exam given by approved organization
apply for certification
To be a phlebotomy technician II, you must have:
20 arterial punctures
letter by approved practitioner that verifies that the punctures happened
be a currently licensed Phlebotomy Technician I
have 1040 hours of experience in past five years
apply for certification
Application And Costs
The application process and costs will vary from program to program.
Once such program is the Phlebotomy Diploma Program at Arizona college. Ten weeks are spent on the campus learning the techniques, and five weeks are spent in the clinic for 200 hours of work off-campus. Morning and evening classes are available for those who want to attend but may struggle with time constraints. Tuition information is available upon request.
The Arizona Medical Training Institute also offers a phlebotomy program. On-campus classes span four weeks, and are offered in the morning and in the evening. After that, 100 hours of clinical experience must be completed. At least 120 collections must be done during these hours. The course costs $1800, and this can be paid in one of three ways: in full, over three months, and over six months. However, there are pre-requisites that can be viewed on the homepage before applying.
One other training course to check out is offered at Cactus Wren Training. This class costs $1,740. This includes the training, a uniform, CPR and first aid training, a fingerprinting application, and a TB test. Classes on-campus must be completed in the morning. 40 classroom hours are required, and 100 clinical hours must be completed as well.
There is a hands-on online class for a phlebotomy license. While the program is not a viable option for those in California or Louisiana, it offers everyone a chance to at least get some hands on experience. Two days of learning are done online, and must be completed for the ability to attend the in-person portion on day three. Tuition is $899.
Maintaining and Renewing a License
For any phlebotomist, the license must be renewed within two years of issue – IE if your license expires on April 20, 2017, renew it before then. All you have to do is complete six hours of continuing education classes and pay the fee. The state will then send a renewed license.
Salary and Jobs
A phlebotomist at entry level can earn $21,000 a year. The highest paid phlebotomists earn around $43,000 a year. Where you work and how much education you have are the highest factors in what you’re paid.
More Phlebotomy Training in Arizona
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Pima Medical Institute - East Valley||Mesa||(480) 898-9898||2160 S. Power Road|
Mesa, AZ 85209
|Pima Medical Institute - Tucson||Tucson||(520) 326-1600||2160 S. Power Road|
Mesa, AZ 85209
|Southwest Skill Center at Estrella Mountain Community College||Avondale||(623) 535-2700||3000 North Dysart Road in Avondale, Arizona||estrellamountain.edu|
|Brookline College - Tempe||Tempe||(480) 545-8755||1140-1150 S. Priest Drive|
Tempe, AZ 85281
|Arizona College of Allied Health||Glendale||(602) 222-9300||4425 W Olive Ave #300|
Glendale, AZ 85302