Phlebotomists help patients by collecting blood samples for medical tests. These skilled technicians perform procedures that play a vital role in aiding injured and sick people. A career in this essential field provides both personal satisfaction and job security. If you’ve ever considered seeking training in a medical field, you might enjoy learning more about phlebotomy programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Arlington
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Veterinary Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
Requirements And Eligibility
Since states do not require Phlebotomists to hold licenses, requirements for this career remain quite flexible. Eligible candidates for a training program generally must demonstrate the ability to read. For example, a Phlebotomist needs to understand when a physician orders a particular type of blood test. Additionally, many employers expect Phlebotomy students to know to obtain a current certificate in CPR. Employment prospects remain much better for workers who do not have substance abuse issues. A Phlebotomist typically obtains certificates demonstrating professional competency. The states of Washington, California, Nevada and Louisiana require Phlebotomists to hold acertification issued by an approved organization. Several bodies offer certifications for Phlebotomy.
Application Process And Costs
Students can become a Phlebotomist either by completing a formal medical training degree program leading to a license in a medical field, or by enrolling in a “fast track” course lasting a few weeks or months. People holding licenses as MDs, DVMs or RNs must know how to draw blood safely and correctly. However, many colleges and vocational schools offer quick certificate programs for Phlebotomy Technician training. Few institutions issue degrees specifically in the field of Phlebotomy, probably because a state typically does not require a Phlebotomy license. A training program for these highly skilled technicians usually includes courses in Anatomy and Medical Terminology. Most certifying agencies do not require more than a GED or a high school diploma in order for someone to become a Certified Phlebotomist.
Students study Phlebotomy through both online and off line classes. Drawing blood correctly does require practice. So if you enroll in a computer class offered by a college or vocational school to learn Phlebotomy, you also need to arrange to perform an internship or externship program in order to gain supervised real world experience collecting blood from patients. Several institutions offer Phlebotomy training in Arlington, including:
The University of Texas at Arlington, 701 S. Nedderman Drive, Arlington, TX 76019;
Kaplan College, 2241 South Watson Road, Building 200, Arlington, TX 76010;
Alpha Career Institute, 1115 E. Pioneer Parkway, Arlington, TX 76010;
Arlington Medical Institute, 1001 NE Green Oaks Boulevard, Suite #190, Arlington, TX 76006.
Maintaining Certification/License And Renewal
A Certified Phlebotomist must usually either re-take a certifying examination at regular intervals, or participate in a continuing education course at intervals in order to maintain practice credentials. The specific requirements of different certifying bodies vary widely. Once you begin working as a Certified Phlebotomist, you must keep track of the requirements that apply in your certification process.
Salary And Job Prospects
In the United States, Phlebotomists obtain an average income of $31,890 per year. Salaries for graduates in this field typically range from $10.65 to $21.06 an hour. Phlebotomists enjoy great job prospects due to the pending retirement of many Baby Boomers. An education in this field can lead to work in an exciting and interesting profession.