Crimson is a color associated the world over with blood. If you love working with the liquid, a career in phlebotomy is perfect for you.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Atlanta
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Dental Assistant (8-Month Diploma Program)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
Once you have been accepted, you have three general career options: a limited phlebotomy technician, a phlebotomy technician I, and a phlebotomy technician II.
To be a limited phlebotomy technician, you must complete 20 hours in a classroom setting and 25 supervised skin punctures. A phlebotomy technician I in training completes 40 hours in a classroom setting and the same in a clinical setting. In the clinic, you complete 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
A phlebotomy technician II in training must be a certified phlebotomy technician I. You must also have had experience in the past five years totaling 1040 hours, at least. In addition, you must have a written letter from an approved practitioner that states you have completed 20 arterial punctures under supervision.
Application and Costs
Depending on where you apply, the process and how much you pay will change.
At the Atlanta Technical College, you must take an enrollment exam. If you pass, you will be admitted. However, you must keep a GPA of at least 2.0 to stay in the program. You will cover anatomy and physiology, among other topics. There are 24 credit hours included in this option, and more information can be requested from the school’s website.
MedTech also offers a phlebotomy class. Information about costs and payment plans are available from the school’s website. However, you will be able to pick between a weekday or weekend course to fit your schedule. You’ll be taught step by step what to do to draw blood and do other day to day procedures you’ll need to know for a career in a medical facility.
Phlebotomy Services offers one of the best options for an online course in phlebotomy. Tuition is $899, and you can save $50 if three or more people from your company sign up to take the same course. However, should you register less than three weeks before the course is to begin, you will get a $50 late fee.
This course consists of two parts: two days of online course work, and a single day of in person practice. The online days are required to be completed before the in person practice day. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Locations for the in person day vary from month to month.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew a phlebotomy license, you must:
complete six hours of continuing education classes in two years
pay a renewal fee
The education classes also have to do with maintaining your license. You must complete at least three hours of these courses each year.
In addition to these, to maintain your license, you must show your certification in a visible place in your work space – whether that’s your office or your person, if you work in an ambulance. You must also be documented for competency each year.
Limited phlebotomy technicians and phlebotomy technician Is are reviewed monthly on supervised skin punctures.
Salary and Jobs
The average salary, entry level salary, and high end salaries a year in Georgia are $31,392; $25,348; and $38,049 respectively. Location, job, and employer all contribute to your salary.
Your job will mainly be to collect, label, and store blood for a doctor or hospital. If you help with a blood drive, you will keep records of patient histories as well.