Crimson is a color associated the world over with blood. If you love working with the liquid, a career in phlebotomy is perfect for you.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Atlanta
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding (Diploma)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Healthcare Management
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Requirements and Eligibility
Once you have been accepted, you have three general career options: a limited phlebotomy technician, a phlebotomy technician I, and a phlebotomy technician II.
To be a limited phlebotomy technician, you must complete 20 hours in a classroom setting and 25 supervised skin punctures. A phlebotomy technician I in training completes 40 hours in a classroom setting and the same in a clinical setting. In the clinic, you complete 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
A phlebotomy technician II in training must be a certified phlebotomy technician I. You must also have had experience in the past five years totaling 1040 hours, at least. In addition, you must have a written letter from an approved practitioner that states you have completed 20 arterial punctures under supervision.
Application and Costs
Depending on where you apply, the process and how much you pay will change.
At the Atlanta Technical College, you must take an enrollment exam. If you pass, you will be admitted. However, you must keep a GPA of at least 2.0 to stay in the program. You will cover anatomy and physiology, among other topics. There are 24 credit hours included in this option, and more information can be requested from the school’s website.
MedTech also offers a phlebotomy class. Information about costs and payment plans are available from the school’s website. However, you will be able to pick between a weekday or weekend course to fit your schedule. You’ll be taught step by step what to do to draw blood and do other day to day procedures you’ll need to know for a career in a medical facility.
Phlebotomy Services offers one of the best options for an online course in phlebotomy. Tuition is $899, and you can save $50 if three or more people from your company sign up to take the same course. However, should you register less than three weeks before the course is to begin, you will get a $50 late fee.
This course consists of two parts: two days of online course work, and a single day of in person practice. The online days are required to be completed before the in person practice day. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Locations for the in person day vary from month to month.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew a phlebotomy license, you must:
complete six hours of continuing education classes in two years
pay a renewal fee
The education classes also have to do with maintaining your license. You must complete at least three hours of these courses each year.
In addition to these, to maintain your license, you must show your certification in a visible place in your work space – whether that’s your office or your person, if you work in an ambulance. You must also be documented for competency each year.
Limited phlebotomy technicians and phlebotomy technician Is are reviewed monthly on supervised skin punctures.
Salary and Jobs
The average salary, entry level salary, and high end salaries a year in Georgia are $31,392; $25,348; and $38,049 respectively. Location, job, and employer all contribute to your salary.
Your job will mainly be to collect, label, and store blood for a doctor or hospital. If you help with a blood drive, you will keep records of patient histories as well.