Crimson is a color associated the world over with blood. If you love working with the liquid, a career in phlebotomy is perfect for you.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Atlanta
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Healthcare Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
Once you have been accepted, you have three general career options: a limited phlebotomy technician, a phlebotomy technician I, and a phlebotomy technician II.
To be a limited phlebotomy technician, you must complete 20 hours in a classroom setting and 25 supervised skin punctures. A phlebotomy technician I in training completes 40 hours in a classroom setting and the same in a clinical setting. In the clinic, you complete 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
A phlebotomy technician II in training must be a certified phlebotomy technician I. You must also have had experience in the past five years totaling 1040 hours, at least. In addition, you must have a written letter from an approved practitioner that states you have completed 20 arterial punctures under supervision.
Application and Costs
Depending on where you apply, the process and how much you pay will change.
At the Atlanta Technical College, you must take an enrollment exam. If you pass, you will be admitted. However, you must keep a GPA of at least 2.0 to stay in the program. You will cover anatomy and physiology, among other topics. There are 24 credit hours included in this option, and more information can be requested from the school’s website.
MedTech also offers a phlebotomy class. Information about costs and payment plans are available from the school’s website. However, you will be able to pick between a weekday or weekend course to fit your schedule. You’ll be taught step by step what to do to draw blood and do other day to day procedures you’ll need to know for a career in a medical facility.
Phlebotomy Services offers one of the best options for an online course in phlebotomy. Tuition is $899, and you can save $50 if three or more people from your company sign up to take the same course. However, should you register less than three weeks before the course is to begin, you will get a $50 late fee.
This course consists of two parts: two days of online course work, and a single day of in person practice. The online days are required to be completed before the in person practice day. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Locations for the in person day vary from month to month.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew a phlebotomy license, you must:
complete six hours of continuing education classes in two years
pay a renewal fee
The education classes also have to do with maintaining your license. You must complete at least three hours of these courses each year.
In addition to these, to maintain your license, you must show your certification in a visible place in your work space – whether that’s your office or your person, if you work in an ambulance. You must also be documented for competency each year.
Limited phlebotomy technicians and phlebotomy technician Is are reviewed monthly on supervised skin punctures.
Salary and Jobs
The average salary, entry level salary, and high end salaries a year in Georgia are $31,392; $25,348; and $38,049 respectively. Location, job, and employer all contribute to your salary.
Your job will mainly be to collect, label, and store blood for a doctor or hospital. If you help with a blood drive, you will keep records of patient histories as well.