Austin, TX is a growing area of the country and has a strong economy. Many people are moving in to the area in search of higher paying jobs. One area that is really booming right now is Phlebotomy. There are many people in Austin who are interested in their health. Phlebotomy is the taking and examination of blood samples in a person. This is important for anyone who is struggling with an illness or may in the future. This is an exciting field for those interested in preventative medicine. Below are some of the educational requirements for anyone practicing in this field.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Austin
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Technician
Requirements & Eligibility
Like many areas of medicine, there are some small school requirements for those who want to take the certification exam. Although a four year degree is not necessary, many students in Austin go ahead and get a four year degree from the university that they are attending. One of the most important aspects of having success in this career field is to take the educational process seriously. There are many people who just want to get their minimum credits and leave school. However, students will be much better set up for long term success if they take their education seriously on the front end.
Application Process & Costs
Although Austin has many options for school, college is still expensive for anyone to attend. There are many different state programs that Texas offers to its residents in order to reduce to cost of attendance. Anyone who lives in the state can get a reduced rate of tuition at the state schools. The application process can be mostly completed online, and anyone who has a decent high school background should be accepted in to college there.
This area of medicine is full of online programs that students can take. There are many different benefits to using online programs for your education. One of the biggest benefits is the fact that students can continue to work while they are in school. Many students get a large base of experience in medicine before they even graduate. This can help to increase the chances of being hired and future salary potential as well. Always make sure to check in to the different online programs that are offered in your area.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
One of the biggest requirements in the medical field, and especially Phlebotomy, is to continue to be educated. A lot of fields are changing every year, and it is vital that the people working in the field continue to invest in their continuing education. Education is not something that should stop after graduating from college. Education is something that should be a life long journey for everyone in this field. As a student, always make sure to make education a priority for the rest of your career.
Salary & Job Prospects
There are many reasons that so many students are attracted to this field of medicine. One of the biggest reasons is the fact that the salary and job prospects are so high right now. It is not difficult for students to land a job after graduation, even with little to no experience in the field. In the city of Austin, TX, many students are making nearly $50,000 a year right after graduation, This is great for students because it will give them an opportunity to pay back any student loans they took on during their course of study. Anyone who wants great job prospects after graduating should check out the field of Phlebotomy.