Austin, TX is a growing area of the country and has a strong economy. Many people are moving in to the area in search of higher paying jobs. One area that is really booming right now is Phlebotomy. There are many people in Austin who are interested in their health. Phlebotomy is the taking and examination of blood samples in a person. This is important for anyone who is struggling with an illness or may in the future. This is an exciting field for those interested in preventative medicine. Below are some of the educational requirements for anyone practicing in this field.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Austin
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- AS - Medical Office Administration
- AS - Medical Office Management
- And more...
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Public Health (BS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Requirements & Eligibility
Like many areas of medicine, there are some small school requirements for those who want to take the certification exam. Although a four year degree is not necessary, many students in Austin go ahead and get a four year degree from the university that they are attending. One of the most important aspects of having success in this career field is to take the educational process seriously. There are many people who just want to get their minimum credits and leave school. However, students will be much better set up for long term success if they take their education seriously on the front end.
Application Process & Costs
Although Austin has many options for school, college is still expensive for anyone to attend. There are many different state programs that Texas offers to its residents in order to reduce to cost of attendance. Anyone who lives in the state can get a reduced rate of tuition at the state schools. The application process can be mostly completed online, and anyone who has a decent high school background should be accepted in to college there.
This area of medicine is full of online programs that students can take. There are many different benefits to using online programs for your education. One of the biggest benefits is the fact that students can continue to work while they are in school. Many students get a large base of experience in medicine before they even graduate. This can help to increase the chances of being hired and future salary potential as well. Always make sure to check in to the different online programs that are offered in your area.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
One of the biggest requirements in the medical field, and especially Phlebotomy, is to continue to be educated. A lot of fields are changing every year, and it is vital that the people working in the field continue to invest in their continuing education. Education is not something that should stop after graduating from college. Education is something that should be a life long journey for everyone in this field. As a student, always make sure to make education a priority for the rest of your career.
Salary & Job Prospects
There are many reasons that so many students are attracted to this field of medicine. One of the biggest reasons is the fact that the salary and job prospects are so high right now. It is not difficult for students to land a job after graduation, even with little to no experience in the field. In the city of Austin, TX, many students are making nearly $50,000 a year right after graduation, This is great for students because it will give them an opportunity to pay back any student loans they took on during their course of study. Anyone who wants great job prospects after graduating should check out the field of Phlebotomy.