Austin, TX is a growing area of the country and has a strong economy. Many people are moving in to the area in search of higher paying jobs. One area that is really booming right now is Phlebotomy. There are many people in Austin who are interested in their health. Phlebotomy is the taking and examination of blood samples in a person. This is important for anyone who is struggling with an illness or may in the future. This is an exciting field for those interested in preventative medicine. Below are some of the educational requirements for anyone practicing in this field.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Austin
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
Requirements & Eligibility
Like many areas of medicine, there are some small school requirements for those who want to take the certification exam. Although a four year degree is not necessary, many students in Austin go ahead and get a four year degree from the university that they are attending. One of the most important aspects of having success in this career field is to take the educational process seriously. There are many people who just want to get their minimum credits and leave school. However, students will be much better set up for long term success if they take their education seriously on the front end.
Application Process & Costs
Although Austin has many options for school, college is still expensive for anyone to attend. There are many different state programs that Texas offers to its residents in order to reduce to cost of attendance. Anyone who lives in the state can get a reduced rate of tuition at the state schools. The application process can be mostly completed online, and anyone who has a decent high school background should be accepted in to college there.
This area of medicine is full of online programs that students can take. There are many different benefits to using online programs for your education. One of the biggest benefits is the fact that students can continue to work while they are in school. Many students get a large base of experience in medicine before they even graduate. This can help to increase the chances of being hired and future salary potential as well. Always make sure to check in to the different online programs that are offered in your area.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
One of the biggest requirements in the medical field, and especially Phlebotomy, is to continue to be educated. A lot of fields are changing every year, and it is vital that the people working in the field continue to invest in their continuing education. Education is not something that should stop after graduating from college. Education is something that should be a life long journey for everyone in this field. As a student, always make sure to make education a priority for the rest of your career.
Salary & Job Prospects
There are many reasons that so many students are attracted to this field of medicine. One of the biggest reasons is the fact that the salary and job prospects are so high right now. It is not difficult for students to land a job after graduation, even with little to no experience in the field. In the city of Austin, TX, many students are making nearly $50,000 a year right after graduation, This is great for students because it will give them an opportunity to pay back any student loans they took on during their course of study. Anyone who wants great job prospects after graduating should check out the field of Phlebotomy.