Austin, TX is a growing area of the country and has a strong economy. Many people are moving in to the area in search of higher paying jobs. One area that is really booming right now is Phlebotomy. There are many people in Austin who are interested in their health. Phlebotomy is the taking and examination of blood samples in a person. This is important for anyone who is struggling with an illness or may in the future. This is an exciting field for those interested in preventative medicine. Below are some of the educational requirements for anyone practicing in this field.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Austin
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AS - Medical Office Administration
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (BS)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Requirements & Eligibility
Like many areas of medicine, there are some small school requirements for those who want to take the certification exam. Although a four year degree is not necessary, many students in Austin go ahead and get a four year degree from the university that they are attending. One of the most important aspects of having success in this career field is to take the educational process seriously. There are many people who just want to get their minimum credits and leave school. However, students will be much better set up for long term success if they take their education seriously on the front end.
Application Process & Costs
Although Austin has many options for school, college is still expensive for anyone to attend. There are many different state programs that Texas offers to its residents in order to reduce to cost of attendance. Anyone who lives in the state can get a reduced rate of tuition at the state schools. The application process can be mostly completed online, and anyone who has a decent high school background should be accepted in to college there.
This area of medicine is full of online programs that students can take. There are many different benefits to using online programs for your education. One of the biggest benefits is the fact that students can continue to work while they are in school. Many students get a large base of experience in medicine before they even graduate. This can help to increase the chances of being hired and future salary potential as well. Always make sure to check in to the different online programs that are offered in your area.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
One of the biggest requirements in the medical field, and especially Phlebotomy, is to continue to be educated. A lot of fields are changing every year, and it is vital that the people working in the field continue to invest in their continuing education. Education is not something that should stop after graduating from college. Education is something that should be a life long journey for everyone in this field. As a student, always make sure to make education a priority for the rest of your career.
Salary & Job Prospects
There are many reasons that so many students are attracted to this field of medicine. One of the biggest reasons is the fact that the salary and job prospects are so high right now. It is not difficult for students to land a job after graduation, even with little to no experience in the field. In the city of Austin, TX, many students are making nearly $50,000 a year right after graduation, This is great for students because it will give them an opportunity to pay back any student loans they took on during their course of study. Anyone who wants great job prospects after graduating should check out the field of Phlebotomy.