Phlebotomy training is a growing field within medicine. There are many students in the Baltimore, MD area who are interested in studying this field. One of the biggest benefits of going into Phlebotomy is the fact that the salary and job prospects are high than ever before. As the population of the United States continues to age, various different fields within medicine will continue to grow as well. Anyone wanting to succeed in this field needs to be ready for a high course load while in school. Here are several of the challenges and benefits of working in Phlebotomy.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Baltimore
- Fortis Medical Assistant Program
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- Veterinary Assistant
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different requirements for anyone who wants to be certified in this. There is no degree requirement to take the final test, but it is a good idea to go ahead and finish a medical related degree. There are many people that start in Phlebotomy but end up transferring to other areas of medicine. With all of the courses that are required to take the certification test, it is a good idea to just go ahead and finish school. With all of the different school options in the Baltimore area, there is no excuse for students not to.
Application Process & Costs
The application process is rather simple and can be completed online. The final examination costs less than $1,000 to take. However, if a student does not pass this exam the first time they will have to pay some of that cost again to retake the exam. At the end of the day, it is much easier to study and pass the exam the first time around. There are many students who do not take the time they should in studying for the Phlebotomy exam. In the long run, this will cost the students a lot of time and money.
There are many different online programs that students can choose from in the Baltimore area. One of the most common things for students to do is complete most of the course work in an online format and then take the test in person. There are several different advantages to completing a degree online. One of the biggest is the fact that it gives students a ton of different options with their time. Online classes can usually be completed any time, and this is a huge advantage for students who are working and going to school. Always make sure to explore different online options when choosing a school to attend.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are several different aspects to maintaining certification in the field of Phlebotomy. After the initial exam is passed, it is important to get the required number of hours every year in the field. The good news is that anyone who has a job in this field will easily hit the hours threshold.
Salary & Job Prospects
One of the biggest reasons that students are drawn to the field of Phlebotomy is the salary and job prospects offered after graduation. Many students in the Baltimore area make nearly $50,000 a year after graduation. This is a large sum of money for anyone who is just graduating from school. There are many people who are going in to this career field because it offers a lot of room for growth in the medical field overall. If a student wants to be successful long term, it is important to invest in continuing education. This is the fastest way to advance in the medical field and the best way to stay in touch with patient needs.