Phlebotomy training is a growing field within medicine. There are many students in the Baltimore, MD area who are interested in studying this field. One of the biggest benefits of going into Phlebotomy is the fact that the salary and job prospects are high than ever before. As the population of the United States continues to age, various different fields within medicine will continue to grow as well. Anyone wanting to succeed in this field needs to be ready for a high course load while in school. Here are several of the challenges and benefits of working in Phlebotomy.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Baltimore
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different requirements for anyone who wants to be certified in this. There is no degree requirement to take the final test, but it is a good idea to go ahead and finish a medical related degree. There are many people that start in Phlebotomy but end up transferring to other areas of medicine. With all of the courses that are required to take the certification test, it is a good idea to just go ahead and finish school. With all of the different school options in the Baltimore area, there is no excuse for students not to.
Application Process & Costs
The application process is rather simple and can be completed online. The final examination costs less than $1,000 to take. However, if a student does not pass this exam the first time they will have to pay some of that cost again to retake the exam. At the end of the day, it is much easier to study and pass the exam the first time around. There are many students who do not take the time they should in studying for the Phlebotomy exam. In the long run, this will cost the students a lot of time and money.
There are many different online programs that students can choose from in the Baltimore area. One of the most common things for students to do is complete most of the course work in an online format and then take the test in person. There are several different advantages to completing a degree online. One of the biggest is the fact that it gives students a ton of different options with their time. Online classes can usually be completed any time, and this is a huge advantage for students who are working and going to school. Always make sure to explore different online options when choosing a school to attend.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are several different aspects to maintaining certification in the field of Phlebotomy. After the initial exam is passed, it is important to get the required number of hours every year in the field. The good news is that anyone who has a job in this field will easily hit the hours threshold.
Salary & Job Prospects
One of the biggest reasons that students are drawn to the field of Phlebotomy is the salary and job prospects offered after graduation. Many students in the Baltimore area make nearly $50,000 a year after graduation. This is a large sum of money for anyone who is just graduating from school. There are many people who are going in to this career field because it offers a lot of room for growth in the medical field overall. If a student wants to be successful long term, it is important to invest in continuing education. This is the fastest way to advance in the medical field and the best way to stay in touch with patient needs.