An exciting career in Phlebotomy enables you to work in a medical setting assisting patients. By collecting blood samples accurately and safely, you promote better health and well being. This rewarding field offers both great personal satisfaction and job security.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Charlotte
- Pharmacy Technician
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Requirements & Eligibility
Very few institutions offer a degree in Phlebotomy. States do not issue Phlebotomy licenses. Students train for careers in this field in one of two ways. Either they pursue advanced medical degrees over the course of many years, or they undertake a brief “fast track” series of courses to learn how to draw blood from patients correctly. Someone holding a license as an MD, DVM or registered nurse must know how to perform venipuncture. However, medical facilities typically require many blood tests during the course of a day. Most Phlebotomists train specifically to work as skilled technicians in this field. To obtain a rewarding career as a Phlebotomist, students must possess the ability to read and meet hospital heath and safety requirements. Most employers will only hire technicians who have demonstrated an ability to collect blood samples correctly by passing a test to become a Certified Phlebotomist. The states of Washington, Louisiana, Nevada and California require recognized certifications for technicians who work as Phlebotomists.
Application Process & Costs
A “fast track” Phlebotomy program typically does not require more than a high school diploma or GED as a prerequisite. Most of the colleges or vocational schools offering coursework in this area provide some classes in basic Anatomy and Medical Terminology. Many institutions offer a certificate in Phlebotomy. Graduates then apply to a certifying agency to take an examination to become a Certified Phlebotomist. Many providers also offer a CPR class. Nationally, Phlebotomy training costs approximately $1,000 for a brief course and approximately $4,000 or more for an extended series of classes. However, in Charlotte, some programs advertise costs as low as $250 (exclusive of texts and lab fees). Programs in this community offering Phlebotomy Technician training include:
Chosen Health Care Institute, Inc., 8401 University Executive Park Drive, Suite 111, Charlotte, NC 28262;
Central Piedmont Community College, 1201 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28235;
American Academy of Healthcare, 4822 Albemarle Road, Suite 110, Charlotte, NC 28205;
Continual Health Education and Training, 2920 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206.
While a college or a vocational school may furnish an online Phlebotomy class, obtaining supervised practice drawing blood through an externship remains important. Quite a number of holders of certificates in this field studied online. Some providers offer courses and expect students to find appropriate supervised internships. Phlebotomists must present documented experience to obtain certification.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
States do not issue licenses to practice Phlebotomy. Most certifying agencies expect Phlebotomists to take a specified number of continuing education hours and some require examinations at regular intervals to maintain certifications.
Salary & Job Prospects
Today, the field of Phlebotomy offers excellent growth prospects. The United States Department of Labor predicts increased employment by over 25% in this technical career by 2020. Most Phlebotomists receive between $10.65 and $21.06 an hour. These statistics translate into a comfortable median annual salary of $31,890. A Phlebotomy education can open doors to a rewarding, satisfying career assisting patients!