An exciting career in Phlebotomy enables you to work in a medical setting assisting patients. By collecting blood samples accurately and safely, you promote better health and well being. This rewarding field offers both great personal satisfaction and job security.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Charlotte
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Requirements & Eligibility
Very few institutions offer a degree in Phlebotomy. States do not issue Phlebotomy licenses. Students train for careers in this field in one of two ways. Either they pursue advanced medical degrees over the course of many years, or they undertake a brief “fast track” series of courses to learn how to draw blood from patients correctly. Someone holding a license as an MD, DVM or registered nurse must know how to perform venipuncture. However, medical facilities typically require many blood tests during the course of a day. Most Phlebotomists train specifically to work as skilled technicians in this field. To obtain a rewarding career as a Phlebotomist, students must possess the ability to read and meet hospital heath and safety requirements. Most employers will only hire technicians who have demonstrated an ability to collect blood samples correctly by passing a test to become a Certified Phlebotomist. The states of Washington, Louisiana, Nevada and California require recognized certifications for technicians who work as Phlebotomists.
Application Process & Costs
A “fast track” Phlebotomy program typically does not require more than a high school diploma or GED as a prerequisite. Most of the colleges or vocational schools offering coursework in this area provide some classes in basic Anatomy and Medical Terminology. Many institutions offer a certificate in Phlebotomy. Graduates then apply to a certifying agency to take an examination to become a Certified Phlebotomist. Many providers also offer a CPR class. Nationally, Phlebotomy training costs approximately $1,000 for a brief course and approximately $4,000 or more for an extended series of classes. However, in Charlotte, some programs advertise costs as low as $250 (exclusive of texts and lab fees). Programs in this community offering Phlebotomy Technician training include:
Chosen Health Care Institute, Inc., 8401 University Executive Park Drive, Suite 111, Charlotte, NC 28262;
Central Piedmont Community College, 1201 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28235;
American Academy of Healthcare, 4822 Albemarle Road, Suite 110, Charlotte, NC 28205;
Continual Health Education and Training, 2920 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206.
While a college or a vocational school may furnish an online Phlebotomy class, obtaining supervised practice drawing blood through an externship remains important. Quite a number of holders of certificates in this field studied online. Some providers offer courses and expect students to find appropriate supervised internships. Phlebotomists must present documented experience to obtain certification.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
States do not issue licenses to practice Phlebotomy. Most certifying agencies expect Phlebotomists to take a specified number of continuing education hours and some require examinations at regular intervals to maintain certifications.
Salary & Job Prospects
Today, the field of Phlebotomy offers excellent growth prospects. The United States Department of Labor predicts increased employment by over 25% in this technical career by 2020. Most Phlebotomists receive between $10.65 and $21.06 an hour. These statistics translate into a comfortable median annual salary of $31,890. A Phlebotomy education can open doors to a rewarding, satisfying career assisting patients!