An exciting career in Phlebotomy enables you to work in a medical setting assisting patients. By collecting blood samples accurately and safely, you promote better health and well being. This rewarding field offers both great personal satisfaction and job security.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Charlotte
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
Very few institutions offer a degree in Phlebotomy. States do not issue Phlebotomy licenses. Students train for careers in this field in one of two ways. Either they pursue advanced medical degrees over the course of many years, or they undertake a brief “fast track” series of courses to learn how to draw blood from patients correctly. Someone holding a license as an MD, DVM or registered nurse must know how to perform venipuncture. However, medical facilities typically require many blood tests during the course of a day. Most Phlebotomists train specifically to work as skilled technicians in this field. To obtain a rewarding career as a Phlebotomist, students must possess the ability to read and meet hospital heath and safety requirements. Most employers will only hire technicians who have demonstrated an ability to collect blood samples correctly by passing a test to become a Certified Phlebotomist. The states of Washington, Louisiana, Nevada and California require recognized certifications for technicians who work as Phlebotomists.
Application Process & Costs
A “fast track” Phlebotomy program typically does not require more than a high school diploma or GED as a prerequisite. Most of the colleges or vocational schools offering coursework in this area provide some classes in basic Anatomy and Medical Terminology. Many institutions offer a certificate in Phlebotomy. Graduates then apply to a certifying agency to take an examination to become a Certified Phlebotomist. Many providers also offer a CPR class. Nationally, Phlebotomy training costs approximately $1,000 for a brief course and approximately $4,000 or more for an extended series of classes. However, in Charlotte, some programs advertise costs as low as $250 (exclusive of texts and lab fees). Programs in this community offering Phlebotomy Technician training include:
Chosen Health Care Institute, Inc., 8401 University Executive Park Drive, Suite 111, Charlotte, NC 28262;
Central Piedmont Community College, 1201 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28235;
American Academy of Healthcare, 4822 Albemarle Road, Suite 110, Charlotte, NC 28205;
Continual Health Education and Training, 2920 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206.
While a college or a vocational school may furnish an online Phlebotomy class, obtaining supervised practice drawing blood through an externship remains important. Quite a number of holders of certificates in this field studied online. Some providers offer courses and expect students to find appropriate supervised internships. Phlebotomists must present documented experience to obtain certification.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
States do not issue licenses to practice Phlebotomy. Most certifying agencies expect Phlebotomists to take a specified number of continuing education hours and some require examinations at regular intervals to maintain certifications.
Salary & Job Prospects
Today, the field of Phlebotomy offers excellent growth prospects. The United States Department of Labor predicts increased employment by over 25% in this technical career by 2020. Most Phlebotomists receive between $10.65 and $21.06 an hour. These statistics translate into a comfortable median annual salary of $31,890. A Phlebotomy education can open doors to a rewarding, satisfying career assisting patients!