An exciting career in Phlebotomy enables you to work in a medical setting assisting patients. By collecting blood samples accurately and safely, you promote better health and well being. This rewarding field offers both great personal satisfaction and job security.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Charlotte
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Requirements & Eligibility
Very few institutions offer a degree in Phlebotomy. States do not issue Phlebotomy licenses. Students train for careers in this field in one of two ways. Either they pursue advanced medical degrees over the course of many years, or they undertake a brief “fast track” series of courses to learn how to draw blood from patients correctly. Someone holding a license as an MD, DVM or registered nurse must know how to perform venipuncture. However, medical facilities typically require many blood tests during the course of a day. Most Phlebotomists train specifically to work as skilled technicians in this field. To obtain a rewarding career as a Phlebotomist, students must possess the ability to read and meet hospital heath and safety requirements. Most employers will only hire technicians who have demonstrated an ability to collect blood samples correctly by passing a test to become a Certified Phlebotomist. The states of Washington, Louisiana, Nevada and California require recognized certifications for technicians who work as Phlebotomists.
Application Process & Costs
A “fast track” Phlebotomy program typically does not require more than a high school diploma or GED as a prerequisite. Most of the colleges or vocational schools offering coursework in this area provide some classes in basic Anatomy and Medical Terminology. Many institutions offer a certificate in Phlebotomy. Graduates then apply to a certifying agency to take an examination to become a Certified Phlebotomist. Many providers also offer a CPR class. Nationally, Phlebotomy training costs approximately $1,000 for a brief course and approximately $4,000 or more for an extended series of classes. However, in Charlotte, some programs advertise costs as low as $250 (exclusive of texts and lab fees). Programs in this community offering Phlebotomy Technician training include:
Chosen Health Care Institute, Inc., 8401 University Executive Park Drive, Suite 111, Charlotte, NC 28262;
Central Piedmont Community College, 1201 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28235;
American Academy of Healthcare, 4822 Albemarle Road, Suite 110, Charlotte, NC 28205;
Continual Health Education and Training, 2920 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206.
While a college or a vocational school may furnish an online Phlebotomy class, obtaining supervised practice drawing blood through an externship remains important. Quite a number of holders of certificates in this field studied online. Some providers offer courses and expect students to find appropriate supervised internships. Phlebotomists must present documented experience to obtain certification.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
States do not issue licenses to practice Phlebotomy. Most certifying agencies expect Phlebotomists to take a specified number of continuing education hours and some require examinations at regular intervals to maintain certifications.
Salary & Job Prospects
Today, the field of Phlebotomy offers excellent growth prospects. The United States Department of Labor predicts increased employment by over 25% in this technical career by 2020. Most Phlebotomists receive between $10.65 and $21.06 an hour. These statistics translate into a comfortable median annual salary of $31,890. A Phlebotomy education can open doors to a rewarding, satisfying career assisting patients!