There are many areas of medicine for students to choose when picking a career. One of the fastest growing areas today is Phlebotomy. There are many reasons for this, but one of the biggest is the fact that blood samples are becoming one of the most important assets in fighting disease before it starts. Here are several things to know about the entire field of Phlebotomy in Cleveland, OH.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Cleveland
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Health and Wellness
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
Requirements & Eligibility
The requirements for going in to the field of Phlebotomy are quite extensive. Students need to make sure they are prepared to do a lot of rigorous course work in this field. Although a four year degree is not required, a two year degree is. Many students go ahead and get the full four year degree while they are in school in Cleveland, OH. There is also an hours minimum that must be met by anyone going in to the field. A student cannot be certified in Phlebotomy without having a certain number of hours worked under direct supervision.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different application costs and fees. Going to any school is going to require fees to apply. The good news is that most of the application process can be completed online. The cost of college in the Cleveland area is lower than the national average, so students will be able to save some money in this area. Students should view these costs more as an investment in their education than anything. Getting certified in this field will open up a lot of doors to the field of medicine for students.
There are a lot of different online programs to choose from in this area. There are many students who decide to go ahead and complete most of their program online. Many students are also working while they are in school, and this makes time a precious commodity. Anyone attending classes online needs to make sure they have the discipline to follow through. For those students who are disciplined, online courses can be a great way to get some time added back in to your life. Not only have many students completed a degree online, but there are even some who have done so in only a couple of years.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
After receiving the required undergraduate work from a college, a student can then take the certification test in this field. There are many students who end of failing the test, so it is vital that students spend a lot of time studying for it. There are a lot of reference materials online for anyone that wants to put in some extra time before the test. The test is usually required to be in person, and this is so that cheating can be reduce to a minimum. Throughout your career in the medical field, continuing education will be required to advance.
Salary & Job Prospects
The salary and job prospects for anyone in this field are really good right now. This is a growing area of business, and many people think that this trend will only continue. Not only are students getting job offers before graduation, but many are receiving high salaries as well. The average student in the Cleveland area is making around $45,000 in their first year after graduating from school. It is important to remember that this number may be higher or lower depending on different circumstances surrounding a student. However, for those student who work hard there is a lot of opportunity in this field of medicine.