There are many areas of medicine for students to choose when picking a career. One of the fastest growing areas today is Phlebotomy. There are many reasons for this, but one of the biggest is the fact that blood samples are becoming one of the most important assets in fighting disease before it starts. Here are several things to know about the entire field of Phlebotomy in Cleveland, OH.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Cleveland
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Requirements & Eligibility
The requirements for going in to the field of Phlebotomy are quite extensive. Students need to make sure they are prepared to do a lot of rigorous course work in this field. Although a four year degree is not required, a two year degree is. Many students go ahead and get the full four year degree while they are in school in Cleveland, OH. There is also an hours minimum that must be met by anyone going in to the field. A student cannot be certified in Phlebotomy without having a certain number of hours worked under direct supervision.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different application costs and fees. Going to any school is going to require fees to apply. The good news is that most of the application process can be completed online. The cost of college in the Cleveland area is lower than the national average, so students will be able to save some money in this area. Students should view these costs more as an investment in their education than anything. Getting certified in this field will open up a lot of doors to the field of medicine for students.
There are a lot of different online programs to choose from in this area. There are many students who decide to go ahead and complete most of their program online. Many students are also working while they are in school, and this makes time a precious commodity. Anyone attending classes online needs to make sure they have the discipline to follow through. For those students who are disciplined, online courses can be a great way to get some time added back in to your life. Not only have many students completed a degree online, but there are even some who have done so in only a couple of years.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
After receiving the required undergraduate work from a college, a student can then take the certification test in this field. There are many students who end of failing the test, so it is vital that students spend a lot of time studying for it. There are a lot of reference materials online for anyone that wants to put in some extra time before the test. The test is usually required to be in person, and this is so that cheating can be reduce to a minimum. Throughout your career in the medical field, continuing education will be required to advance.
Salary & Job Prospects
The salary and job prospects for anyone in this field are really good right now. This is a growing area of business, and many people think that this trend will only continue. Not only are students getting job offers before graduation, but many are receiving high salaries as well. The average student in the Cleveland area is making around $45,000 in their first year after graduating from school. It is important to remember that this number may be higher or lower depending on different circumstances surrounding a student. However, for those student who work hard there is a lot of opportunity in this field of medicine.