There are many areas of medicine for students to choose when picking a career. One of the fastest growing areas today is Phlebotomy. There are many reasons for this, but one of the biggest is the fact that blood samples are becoming one of the most important assets in fighting disease before it starts. Here are several things to know about the entire field of Phlebotomy in Cleveland, OH.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Cleveland
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Dental Assisting
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
Requirements & Eligibility
The requirements for going in to the field of Phlebotomy are quite extensive. Students need to make sure they are prepared to do a lot of rigorous course work in this field. Although a four year degree is not required, a two year degree is. Many students go ahead and get the full four year degree while they are in school in Cleveland, OH. There is also an hours minimum that must be met by anyone going in to the field. A student cannot be certified in Phlebotomy without having a certain number of hours worked under direct supervision.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different application costs and fees. Going to any school is going to require fees to apply. The good news is that most of the application process can be completed online. The cost of college in the Cleveland area is lower than the national average, so students will be able to save some money in this area. Students should view these costs more as an investment in their education than anything. Getting certified in this field will open up a lot of doors to the field of medicine for students.
There are a lot of different online programs to choose from in this area. There are many students who decide to go ahead and complete most of their program online. Many students are also working while they are in school, and this makes time a precious commodity. Anyone attending classes online needs to make sure they have the discipline to follow through. For those students who are disciplined, online courses can be a great way to get some time added back in to your life. Not only have many students completed a degree online, but there are even some who have done so in only a couple of years.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
After receiving the required undergraduate work from a college, a student can then take the certification test in this field. There are many students who end of failing the test, so it is vital that students spend a lot of time studying for it. There are a lot of reference materials online for anyone that wants to put in some extra time before the test. The test is usually required to be in person, and this is so that cheating can be reduce to a minimum. Throughout your career in the medical field, continuing education will be required to advance.
Salary & Job Prospects
The salary and job prospects for anyone in this field are really good right now. This is a growing area of business, and many people think that this trend will only continue. Not only are students getting job offers before graduation, but many are receiving high salaries as well. The average student in the Cleveland area is making around $45,000 in their first year after graduating from school. It is important to remember that this number may be higher or lower depending on different circumstances surrounding a student. However, for those student who work hard there is a lot of opportunity in this field of medicine.