The Modern World can be a hard place to live, especially if one can’t afford to attend a high-class university for seven years to obtain a master’s degree. Luckily for us, there are other ways to make it with a high quality of life, and there are jobs that don’t come and go with the economic tide. The health profession, for instance, is one born of necessity, and is possibly the most stable career option in America today. While many health-related jobs require extensive training and education, with most doctors having doctorates, there are ways to get started at a low level, with plenty of room to work your way up. Phlebotomy is the art of drawing blood, typically from veins, for testing and diagnosis, and is one of the highest-paying “entry level” professions in the world.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Colorado Springs
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
While many states in the U.S. require Phlebotomists to be certified to work, Colorado does not. For this reason, Colorado is an excellent place to seek training and early professional experience. Colorado Springs, futhermore, has a couple of local facilities and institutions that offer training and certification. There are no requirements to begin an education in Phlebotomy, and almost everyone is eligible, so long as they are free from incurable infectious diseases, which would exclude them from any branch of the medical field.
Application Process and Costs
For those seeking a simple educational course, Colorado Phlebotomy Services offers two-day weekend courses, totaling about 16 hours of work. The Program costs $300, and ends with an assessment which must be passed with 85% or greater for a certificate to be issued. While this program does not issue professional certification, it does provide a reference and valuable experience, making it much easier to enter the professional field.
For those with a bit more money and time, Pima Medical Institute offers a one-semester program that includes an externship, and students that complete this program receive professional certification, allowing them to seek employment in any state. The PMI program costs around $4,000, but this includes lab fees, several college courses, books, and placement in a professional setting for the externship.
If attending either of these options is not viable, there are a number of online phlebotomy resources, which can offer comparable educations to the weekend course, though these often omit physical training, and when working with needles practice is important. Some of these programs offer an opportunity to meet with an instructor for a few hours at variable times, allowing students to demonstrate their abilities and qualify for a certificate. Online programs have the advantage of being cheaper, sometimes being as low as $70, and can provide a thorough and suitable education.
Licence and Renewal
Being certified in Phlebotomy requires a certain amount of hours of relevant work as well as formal education by a qualified educator, though this is a simple matter. After completing a program such as that offered by Colorado Phlebotomy Services and finding employment, it would simply require a signed document by one’s employer. For attendees of Pima Medical Institute, certification will be issued upon successful completion of the course. Retaining certification simply requires a licensed medical supervisor to sign off that one meets the national requirements each year. Any legal medical employer can provide this documentation.
Salary and Job Prospects
Phlebotomists can expect to make around $30,000 per year, or about $14 per hour. As a key entry position for the medical profession, praticioners have options for advancement into jobs in medical laboratories, out- or in-patient care, or any of a number of other positions around a hospital or other medical provider, making Phlebotomy one of the most stable and open jobs in America.