The Modern World can be a hard place to live, especially if one can’t afford to attend a high-class university for seven years to obtain a master’s degree. Luckily for us, there are other ways to make it with a high quality of life, and there are jobs that don’t come and go with the economic tide. The health profession, for instance, is one born of necessity, and is possibly the most stable career option in America today. While many health-related jobs require extensive training and education, with most doctors having doctorates, there are ways to get started at a low level, with plenty of room to work your way up. Phlebotomy is the art of drawing blood, typically from veins, for testing and diagnosis, and is one of the highest-paying “entry level” professions in the world.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Colorado Springs
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Requirements and Eligibility
While many states in the U.S. require Phlebotomists to be certified to work, Colorado does not. For this reason, Colorado is an excellent place to seek training and early professional experience. Colorado Springs, futhermore, has a couple of local facilities and institutions that offer training and certification. There are no requirements to begin an education in Phlebotomy, and almost everyone is eligible, so long as they are free from incurable infectious diseases, which would exclude them from any branch of the medical field.
Application Process and Costs
For those seeking a simple educational course, Colorado Phlebotomy Services offers two-day weekend courses, totaling about 16 hours of work. The Program costs $300, and ends with an assessment which must be passed with 85% or greater for a certificate to be issued. While this program does not issue professional certification, it does provide a reference and valuable experience, making it much easier to enter the professional field.
For those with a bit more money and time, Pima Medical Institute offers a one-semester program that includes an externship, and students that complete this program receive professional certification, allowing them to seek employment in any state. The PMI program costs around $4,000, but this includes lab fees, several college courses, books, and placement in a professional setting for the externship.
If attending either of these options is not viable, there are a number of online phlebotomy resources, which can offer comparable educations to the weekend course, though these often omit physical training, and when working with needles practice is important. Some of these programs offer an opportunity to meet with an instructor for a few hours at variable times, allowing students to demonstrate their abilities and qualify for a certificate. Online programs have the advantage of being cheaper, sometimes being as low as $70, and can provide a thorough and suitable education.
Licence and Renewal
Being certified in Phlebotomy requires a certain amount of hours of relevant work as well as formal education by a qualified educator, though this is a simple matter. After completing a program such as that offered by Colorado Phlebotomy Services and finding employment, it would simply require a signed document by one’s employer. For attendees of Pima Medical Institute, certification will be issued upon successful completion of the course. Retaining certification simply requires a licensed medical supervisor to sign off that one meets the national requirements each year. Any legal medical employer can provide this documentation.
Salary and Job Prospects
Phlebotomists can expect to make around $30,000 per year, or about $14 per hour. As a key entry position for the medical profession, praticioners have options for advancement into jobs in medical laboratories, out- or in-patient care, or any of a number of other positions around a hospital or other medical provider, making Phlebotomy one of the most stable and open jobs in America.