The Modern World can be a hard place to live, especially if one can’t afford to attend a high-class university for seven years to obtain a master’s degree. Luckily for us, there are other ways to make it with a high quality of life, and there are jobs that don’t come and go with the economic tide. The health profession, for instance, is one born of necessity, and is possibly the most stable career option in America today. While many health-related jobs require extensive training and education, with most doctors having doctorates, there are ways to get started at a low level, with plenty of room to work your way up. Phlebotomy is the art of drawing blood, typically from veins, for testing and diagnosis, and is one of the highest-paying “entry level” professions in the world.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Colorado Springs
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Requirements and Eligibility
While many states in the U.S. require Phlebotomists to be certified to work, Colorado does not. For this reason, Colorado is an excellent place to seek training and early professional experience. Colorado Springs, futhermore, has a couple of local facilities and institutions that offer training and certification. There are no requirements to begin an education in Phlebotomy, and almost everyone is eligible, so long as they are free from incurable infectious diseases, which would exclude them from any branch of the medical field.
Application Process and Costs
For those seeking a simple educational course, Colorado Phlebotomy Services offers two-day weekend courses, totaling about 16 hours of work. The Program costs $300, and ends with an assessment which must be passed with 85% or greater for a certificate to be issued. While this program does not issue professional certification, it does provide a reference and valuable experience, making it much easier to enter the professional field.
For those with a bit more money and time, Pima Medical Institute offers a one-semester program that includes an externship, and students that complete this program receive professional certification, allowing them to seek employment in any state. The PMI program costs around $4,000, but this includes lab fees, several college courses, books, and placement in a professional setting for the externship.
If attending either of these options is not viable, there are a number of online phlebotomy resources, which can offer comparable educations to the weekend course, though these often omit physical training, and when working with needles practice is important. Some of these programs offer an opportunity to meet with an instructor for a few hours at variable times, allowing students to demonstrate their abilities and qualify for a certificate. Online programs have the advantage of being cheaper, sometimes being as low as $70, and can provide a thorough and suitable education.
Licence and Renewal
Being certified in Phlebotomy requires a certain amount of hours of relevant work as well as formal education by a qualified educator, though this is a simple matter. After completing a program such as that offered by Colorado Phlebotomy Services and finding employment, it would simply require a signed document by one’s employer. For attendees of Pima Medical Institute, certification will be issued upon successful completion of the course. Retaining certification simply requires a licensed medical supervisor to sign off that one meets the national requirements each year. Any legal medical employer can provide this documentation.
Salary and Job Prospects
Phlebotomists can expect to make around $30,000 per year, or about $14 per hour. As a key entry position for the medical profession, praticioners have options for advancement into jobs in medical laboratories, out- or in-patient care, or any of a number of other positions around a hospital or other medical provider, making Phlebotomy one of the most stable and open jobs in America.