If you want to jump start your career in medical industry as a phlebotomist, there are several institutions in Columbus, OH where you can enroll to study phlebotomy. Currently, Ohio does not require employees to be certified or licensed. However, many health organizations prefer certified phlebotomist over non-certified one.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Columubus
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Adult Gerontology Practitioner Certificate
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
Phlebotomy Training in Columbus, OH is available for people aged 18 years and older. If you fall under this age bracket, you will also need to have a GED qualification or high school diploma to be eligible to enroll in almost any phlebotomy program. This makes a phlebotomist school a perfect choice if you have never been to college.
Application Process & Costs
The cost of studying a phlebotomy varies depending on the institution, course and duration of the study. For example, a typical phlebotomy course that lasts between 4 to 6 weeks costs around $1,300 in total. However, some institutions in Columbus, OH might be asking higher fees. Make sure you know exactly how much they are asking and how much you are willing to spend before you begin your application for admission.
When we talk of application for admission, some Phlebotomy colleges require students to apply online while others have a paper-based application process. If you prefer online application process, you must submit supporting documents by mail. Some of the supporting documents that you must send to be considered for admission include a copy of identity card, education transcripts and financial application forms. The application for admission for out-of-state and international students is almost the same as that of in-state students. For international students, they will need to submit documents showing proof of financial liability such as a bank statement.
Phlebotomy online classes in Columbus Ohio are available 24 hours a day. They allow students to commence studies at their own pace and convenience. These classes are ideal for those who plan to get hands-on experience after graduation. Some of these online programs are designed for those who are already graduated with a phlebotomy certificate or degree to help them prepare for certification tests. Online phlebotomy courses are taught with the help of videos enabling students to learn how to draw blood. You should keep in mind that the entire phlebotomy training is web-based. If you want to obtain hands-on experience, you will need to join an offline institution after graduation.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
You don’t have to be licensed to work as a phlebotomist in Columbus Ohio. However, many employers prefer certified phlebotomists those with just basic phlebotomy education. You will, therefore, need to seek certifications after completing basic phlebotomy courses. Some of the recognized organizations that certify phlebotomists include The American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT), the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), the National Phlebotomy Association and the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification. If you obtain a license from one of the organizations above, you will become competitive as far as the job market is concerned.
Salary & Job Prospects
Several employers in Columbus Ohio continue to post more jobs in Phlebotomy industry. This increase in demand of phlebotomists is due to the increased medical cases throughout the state. You don’t need to worry about the possibility of not getting a job after graduation. So long as you are armed with a degree or certificate, you will be flooded with several job opportunities. Also, you don’t need to worry about salaries. According to the recent survey, an average salary of a certified phlebotomist in Ohio is $29,460, on average, with Columbus leading with $30,491.