The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is a vivacious place to live, work, and play. If you are interested in a career in healthcare, there are at least six Phlebotomy Training Programs in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Phlebotomists are the people who obtain blood samples from patients by venipuncture. Job opportunities for phlebotomists are available in various settings including hospitals, doctor’s offices, laboratories, blood donor centers, hospices, and other sites such as long-term care facilities, and community health centers.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Dallas
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Concordia University, Nebraska offers accredited Master of Education and Master of Science degree programs online to help advance your career and become a transformative leader. Our M.Ed. and M.S. programs offer the knowledge and skills required in today’s competitive marketplace. These graduate degree programs are also practitioner-based: study real world solutions in class you can also apply to your current job. A reliable online learning system allows you to learn with other adult students, around your own schedule, and wherever you connect online.
- MHA - Master of Healthcare Administration : Gerontology
- Master of Human Services - Gerontology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Requirements and Eligibility
To be a phlebotomist in Dallas, TX, you must complete a certificate or a degree program. The training consists of classroom instruction and laboratory practice. The classroom training incorporates medical terminology, safety procedures, legal issues and related physiological systems. The laboratory experience includes venipuncture, dermal puncture, drawing blood, and different methods of collecting samples. Courses are available that range from six months to two years. With training completed, the students are eligible to take the national level certification exam to become a certified phlebotomist.
As a phlebotomist, you must have excellent eye-hand coordination, fine motor skills and precision blood drawing techniques, including with the pediatric and geriatric population. You are also required to have effective interpersonal skills, communication skills, and physical stamina.
Phlebotomy technicians must be able to perform a variety of laboratory tasks, be proficient at using different types of equipment, and have the flexibility to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
Application Process & Costs
Richland College in Dallas TX offers phlebotomy training. Admission requirements include:
• Must be eligible to work in the US
• Must provide proof of entry-level academic skills in reading, writing, and basic math
• All immunizations are to be up-to-date
• Must show documentation or assessment of computer skills
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Complete a health evaluation
This program is 215 hours of classroom instruction, consisting of six classes:
• Medical Terminology I
• CPR for Health Professionals
• Human Disease/Pathophysiology
• Phlebotomy II
• Clinical Phlebotomy
There are 120 hours of supervised clinical training at a local laboratory or health care facility. Tuition is $1250. This fee does not include books, uniforms, liability insurance, the criminal background check and drug screens.
Brookhaven College, in Dallas, offers the following phlebotomy program: The training is for 96 hours. Classroom instruction includes medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and blood collection procedures. Clinical training is provided by practicing venipuncture techniques on a training arm. The course costs $999 and does not include the costs for uniforms, textbooks, and the required liability insurance.
Prerequisites for this program include:
• Paid Liability insurance at the time of registration
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Driver’s License, Passport, or State/Military issued ID card
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screens – completed no more than 30 days before the beginning of clinical
• Copy of proof of immunization and a current TB skin test (within the last year)
Phlebotomy training online offers classroom lecture information such as:
• Safety Guidelines
• Infection Control Procedures
• Basic Medical Terminology
• Laboratory Tests
With online programs, it is the responsibility of the students to find their clinical site for hands-on training, which is required to work as a phlebotomist. After finishing the program with a passing grade, the students will earn a certificate of completion.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Currently, Dallas, TX (like most other cities and states) does not require phlebotomists to have continuing education credits to maintain certification; this may change shortly.
Salary & Job Prospects
This career is projected to grow 27 percent by 2022. In Dallas, TX the median salary for a phlebotomist is $31,661.