The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is a vivacious place to live, work, and play. If you are interested in a career in healthcare, there are at least six Phlebotomy Training Programs in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Phlebotomists are the people who obtain blood samples from patients by venipuncture. Job opportunities for phlebotomists are available in various settings including hospitals, doctor’s offices, laboratories, blood donor centers, hospices, and other sites such as long-term care facilities, and community health centers.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Dallas
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Fitness & Nutrition
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Health and Wellness
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Requirements and Eligibility
To be a phlebotomist in Dallas, TX, you must complete a certificate or a degree program. The training consists of classroom instruction and laboratory practice. The classroom training incorporates medical terminology, safety procedures, legal issues and related physiological systems. The laboratory experience includes venipuncture, dermal puncture, drawing blood, and different methods of collecting samples. Courses are available that range from six months to two years. With training completed, the students are eligible to take the national level certification exam to become a certified phlebotomist.
As a phlebotomist, you must have excellent eye-hand coordination, fine motor skills and precision blood drawing techniques, including with the pediatric and geriatric population. You are also required to have effective interpersonal skills, communication skills, and physical stamina.
Phlebotomy technicians must be able to perform a variety of laboratory tasks, be proficient at using different types of equipment, and have the flexibility to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
Application Process & Costs
Richland College in Dallas TX offers phlebotomy training. Admission requirements include:
• Must be eligible to work in the US
• Must provide proof of entry-level academic skills in reading, writing, and basic math
• All immunizations are to be up-to-date
• Must show documentation or assessment of computer skills
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Complete a health evaluation
This program is 215 hours of classroom instruction, consisting of six classes:
• Medical Terminology I
• CPR for Health Professionals
• Human Disease/Pathophysiology
• Phlebotomy II
• Clinical Phlebotomy
There are 120 hours of supervised clinical training at a local laboratory or health care facility. Tuition is $1250. This fee does not include books, uniforms, liability insurance, the criminal background check and drug screens.
Brookhaven College, in Dallas, offers the following phlebotomy program: The training is for 96 hours. Classroom instruction includes medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and blood collection procedures. Clinical training is provided by practicing venipuncture techniques on a training arm. The course costs $999 and does not include the costs for uniforms, textbooks, and the required liability insurance.
Prerequisites for this program include:
• Paid Liability insurance at the time of registration
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Driver’s License, Passport, or State/Military issued ID card
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screens – completed no more than 30 days before the beginning of clinical
• Copy of proof of immunization and a current TB skin test (within the last year)
Phlebotomy training online offers classroom lecture information such as:
• Safety Guidelines
• Infection Control Procedures
• Basic Medical Terminology
• Laboratory Tests
With online programs, it is the responsibility of the students to find their clinical site for hands-on training, which is required to work as a phlebotomist. After finishing the program with a passing grade, the students will earn a certificate of completion.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Currently, Dallas, TX (like most other cities and states) does not require phlebotomists to have continuing education credits to maintain certification; this may change shortly.
Salary & Job Prospects
This career is projected to grow 27 percent by 2022. In Dallas, TX the median salary for a phlebotomist is $31,661.