The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is a vivacious place to live, work, and play. If you are interested in a career in healthcare, there are at least six Phlebotomy Training Programs in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Phlebotomists are the people who obtain blood samples from patients by venipuncture. Job opportunities for phlebotomists are available in various settings including hospitals, doctor’s offices, laboratories, blood donor centers, hospices, and other sites such as long-term care facilities, and community health centers.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Dallas
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Veterinary Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Requirements and Eligibility
To be a phlebotomist in Dallas, TX, you must complete a certificate or a degree program. The training consists of classroom instruction and laboratory practice. The classroom training incorporates medical terminology, safety procedures, legal issues and related physiological systems. The laboratory experience includes venipuncture, dermal puncture, drawing blood, and different methods of collecting samples. Courses are available that range from six months to two years. With training completed, the students are eligible to take the national level certification exam to become a certified phlebotomist.
As a phlebotomist, you must have excellent eye-hand coordination, fine motor skills and precision blood drawing techniques, including with the pediatric and geriatric population. You are also required to have effective interpersonal skills, communication skills, and physical stamina.
Phlebotomy technicians must be able to perform a variety of laboratory tasks, be proficient at using different types of equipment, and have the flexibility to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
Application Process & Costs
Richland College in Dallas TX offers phlebotomy training. Admission requirements include:
• Must be eligible to work in the US
• Must provide proof of entry-level academic skills in reading, writing, and basic math
• All immunizations are to be up-to-date
• Must show documentation or assessment of computer skills
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Complete a health evaluation
This program is 215 hours of classroom instruction, consisting of six classes:
• Medical Terminology I
• CPR for Health Professionals
• Human Disease/Pathophysiology
• Phlebotomy II
• Clinical Phlebotomy
There are 120 hours of supervised clinical training at a local laboratory or health care facility. Tuition is $1250. This fee does not include books, uniforms, liability insurance, the criminal background check and drug screens.
Brookhaven College, in Dallas, offers the following phlebotomy program: The training is for 96 hours. Classroom instruction includes medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and blood collection procedures. Clinical training is provided by practicing venipuncture techniques on a training arm. The course costs $999 and does not include the costs for uniforms, textbooks, and the required liability insurance.
Prerequisites for this program include:
• Paid Liability insurance at the time of registration
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Driver’s License, Passport, or State/Military issued ID card
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screens – completed no more than 30 days before the beginning of clinical
• Copy of proof of immunization and a current TB skin test (within the last year)
Phlebotomy training online offers classroom lecture information such as:
• Safety Guidelines
• Infection Control Procedures
• Basic Medical Terminology
• Laboratory Tests
With online programs, it is the responsibility of the students to find their clinical site for hands-on training, which is required to work as a phlebotomist. After finishing the program with a passing grade, the students will earn a certificate of completion.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Currently, Dallas, TX (like most other cities and states) does not require phlebotomists to have continuing education credits to maintain certification; this may change shortly.
Salary & Job Prospects
This career is projected to grow 27 percent by 2022. In Dallas, TX the median salary for a phlebotomist is $31,661.