Health reforms in the U.S. have brought millions of newly insured health customers to the medical door. This places increasing pressure on the healthcare system to provide efficient and quality service in intake and testing procedures so as to maximize output by limited medical personnel. Phlebotomists will be in demand for blood testing as well as for transfusions, and also for medical research and donor programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Delaware
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Phlebotomists work in clinical or lab settings in hospitals, physicians’ offices, clinics, blood banks, public or private health facilities, research institutions, commercial labs or pharmaceutical firms. Their job is to draw blood for testing, research, transfusions or donations. Precision in drawing the blood and accuracy in labeling are of paramount importance. So is cleaning and sanitizing the area where phlebotomy is practiced.
An effective phlebotomist is not only skillful in drawing blood but also in setting the patient at ease and making the blood drawing experience as pain free and pleasant as possible. They are good listeners and communicators. They also work effectively under stressful conditions. They are skillful with computers and high-tech lab equipment.
What Training is Required for Phlebotomy Work?
The state of Delaware does not issue licenses nor have certification requirements for phlebotomists. This means that there are no minimum training requirements to become a practicing phlebotomist. Courses can be taken to learn the trade, or a certificate program can be completed or a two-year associate of arts degree which include college level courses can be earned.
Even though not required, employers prefer to hire certified phlebotomists for assurance that the worker has been properly trained. The cost to patients and to facilities by a phlebotomy error can be irreplaceable.
Phlebotomy Education in Delaware
Anyone 18 years or older who has a high school diploma or the GED can apply for phlebotomy training. The school may require a background check, a clean drug screen and an immunization record. The applicant may also be required to attend a pre-admission information session.
Two school systems in Delaware offer phlebotomy programs of different lengths:
• The Tri-State Technical School http://www.tristatetechnicalschool.com/phlebotomy in Laurel and Wilmington offer a 16-week program which includes experience with live patients in an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider. Some of the courses are: medical terminology, legal situations in Phlebotomy, the procedures of venipuncture and skin puncture collection, laboratory tests and special procedures. Tuition is $1299.
• Delaware Technical and Community Colleges in Dover, Stanton and Wilmington offer a Certified Phlebotomy Technician Training Program that is approved by the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT). The student is provided with classroom learning and hands-on experiences to gain the background knowledge and the various techniques of collecting blood samples. Graduates are eligible to sit for a national certification examination.
The Dover schedule https://registration.xenegrade.com/dtccterry/searchResults.cfm?prgID=28&CFID=10607059&CFTOKEN=ccf21e7c7c9bb94a-932AF198-E2B8-9307-387D332FAEABB555 runs for 12 weeks with a fee of $1895. At Stanton and Wilmington campuses https://registration.xenegrade.com/dtccstan-wilm/searchResults.cfm, the course runs for 14 weeks with a fee of $3995.
Schools Offering a Phlebotomy Course
The University of Delaware offers a one-credit Phlebotomy Practicum covering an introduction to the theory and performance of phlebotomy. MEDT 370 is offered for their medical and health science students to gain supervised clinical experience in the application of laboratory theory and techniques in phlebotomy.
Beebe Healthcare in Lewes provides a phlebotomy class for nurses and medical technicians.
Job Outlook and Salaries
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/phlebotomists.htm
predicts a 27 percent growth in employment of phlebotomists between 2012 and 2022. This is a much higher than average increase in the jobs that will be available. BLS also reports that in 2014, phlebotomists in the U.S. averaged a yearly salary of $31,890. The average salary reported for Delaware topped it at $36,600. These figures signify that the job outlook for both employment and salary is excellent for those getting phlebotomy training in Delaware today—a win-win prospect!
More Phlebotomy Training in Delaware
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Dawn Career Institute Inc||Wilmington||(302) 633-9075||3700 landcaster Pike|
Wilmington, DE 19805