There are many fields in medicine that are seeing a high rate of growth. One of the biggest is Phlebotomy, which is the taking and analysis of blood in a patient. There are several reasons why this field is seeing such a high rate of growth. First of all, there is a lot of preventative medicine advances going on right now. There are many indicators in blood that can signal disease or decay in patients. If doctors are able to spot these early on, they will be able to cure or prevent illness with much less energy and cost. This has opened up many job opportunities for students that are interested in Phlebotomy. Here are several requirements and schools in Florida that can help students get started in this career.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Florida
- Has specialized in career training since 1982.
- Offers beginning to advanced training in computer repair, medical assisting, cosmetology, nursing, and more.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Its instructors attend seminars and workshops to keep current with new technology and topics.
- Dental Assistant - DIP
- Medical Front Office and Billing - DIP
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (BS)
- Nursing (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Associate of Science in Histotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
There are many different requirements for a person to get certified in this field of medicine. Anyone that wants to work in this field needs to have a four year degree from a college in a major that relates to medicine. After a person earns their degree, they can then sit for the certification test in this field. There are several different parts to getting certified, ranging from passing a test to having a set number of hours in the field working. After this has been complete, a student will officially be certified in Phlebotomy.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different application costs involved with getting a license in this field. The tests will usually run around $1,000 if you pass them all the first time. Each test is designed to show knowledge in different areas of this field. Even with a four year degree from a school in Florida, it is still going to be difficult to pass these tests without some intensive studying.
The good news for students is that many of the classes required to sit for the exam are available online. Many students are also working a job while in school, and these online programs are designed to increase the flexibility that students have while working. There are many people that have been able to cut down on the time spent in school because they can take a majority of their degree program online. If you are student considering going in to this field, you should look into the different online program options in Florida.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are a certain number of hours that a person licensed in Phlebotomy must have every year in the field. However, this will easily be met by anyone that has a full or part time job in this field. These hours are required so that anyone working on patients is keeping up to date with the latest changes in techniques or equipment. There is a large increase in technology right now in Phlebotomy, and this means workers will have to stay on the cutting edge of information to stay relevant in the field.
Salary & Job Prospects
As demand for blood testing continues to increase, the demand for workers certified in this field will increase as well. A person in this field starting out in Florida can make around $50,000 per year. However, this number can increase based on experience or different levels of education that are obtained. The people that will do the best over the long term in this field are those that continue their education in an attempt to stay informed on the different changes that take place within this exciting field of medicine.
More Phlebotomy Training in Florida
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Ultimate Medical Academy||Clearwater||(727) 298-8685||1255 Cleveland St, Clearwater, FL 33756, United States||ultimatemedical.edu|