There are many fields in medicine that are seeing a high rate of growth. One of the biggest is Phlebotomy, which is the taking and analysis of blood in a patient. There are several reasons why this field is seeing such a high rate of growth. First of all, there is a lot of preventative medicine advances going on right now. There are many indicators in blood that can signal disease or decay in patients. If doctors are able to spot these early on, they will be able to cure or prevent illness with much less energy and cost. This has opened up many job opportunities for students that are interested in Phlebotomy. Here are several requirements and schools in Florida that can help students get started in this career.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Florida
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Associate of Science in Histotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults. Small classes ensure personalized attention for each student, and you will gain career skills in an educational environment that simulates the workplace, so you can begin using your education immediately on the job.
- AS in Pharmacy Technology
- Diploma in Pharmacy Technology
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
- Has specialized in career training since 1982.
- Offers beginning to advanced training in computer repair, medical assisting, cosmetology, nursing, and more.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Its instructors attend seminars and workshops to keep current with new technology and topics.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Medical Front Office and Billing (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
Get personalized attention at UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training at our campuses in Tampa and Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Medical Assistant
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
- Veterinary Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Emergency Medical Services
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (BS)
- Nursing (BS)
There are many different requirements for a person to get certified in this field of medicine. Anyone that wants to work in this field needs to have a four year degree from a college in a major that relates to medicine. After a person earns their degree, they can then sit for the certification test in this field. There are several different parts to getting certified, ranging from passing a test to having a set number of hours in the field working. After this has been complete, a student will officially be certified in Phlebotomy.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different application costs involved with getting a license in this field. The tests will usually run around $1,000 if you pass them all the first time. Each test is designed to show knowledge in different areas of this field. Even with a four year degree from a school in Florida, it is still going to be difficult to pass these tests without some intensive studying.
The good news for students is that many of the classes required to sit for the exam are available online. Many students are also working a job while in school, and these online programs are designed to increase the flexibility that students have while working. There are many people that have been able to cut down on the time spent in school because they can take a majority of their degree program online. If you are student considering going in to this field, you should look into the different online program options in Florida.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are a certain number of hours that a person licensed in Phlebotomy must have every year in the field. However, this will easily be met by anyone that has a full or part time job in this field. These hours are required so that anyone working on patients is keeping up to date with the latest changes in techniques or equipment. There is a large increase in technology right now in Phlebotomy, and this means workers will have to stay on the cutting edge of information to stay relevant in the field.
Salary & Job Prospects
As demand for blood testing continues to increase, the demand for workers certified in this field will increase as well. A person in this field starting out in Florida can make around $50,000 per year. However, this number can increase based on experience or different levels of education that are obtained. The people that will do the best over the long term in this field are those that continue their education in an attempt to stay informed on the different changes that take place within this exciting field of medicine.
More Phlebotomy Training in Florida
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Ultimate Medical Academy||Clearwater||(727) 298-8685||1255 Cleveland St, Clearwater, FL 33756, United States||ultimatemedical.edu|