Fort Worth, TX, has numerous job opportunities for Certified Phlebotomy Technicians. These healthcare professionals are a vital part of patient care. They obtain blood samples from patients to perform various types of analysis.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fort Worth
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Fitness & Nutrition
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Office Administration
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Requirements and Eligibility
• American Medical Technologists
• National Center for Competency Testing
• American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification
In Fort Worth, being a Certified Phlebotomy Technician will increase the probability of being hired, and will bring a higher salary.
There are three levels of education that an aspiring phlebotomist can choose from:
• Certificate level
• Associate’s level
• Bachelor’s level
The training and certification for this career consist of classroom study, hands-on experience, and passing the certification exam. Training schools have different course completion time frames that range from six to twenty-four months.
A high school diploma or a GED is a requirement for enrollment in a program, and each school may have additional prerequisites for admission.
Phlebotomists without certification may become certified through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians by fulfilling these qualifications:
• Current membership in this organization
• One year as a part-time phlebotomist or,
• At least six months as a full-time phlebotomist or,
• Documentation from a health care supervisor regarding the applicant’s job duties and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited phlebotomy training school
Application Process & Costs
Windsor Career Institute located in Southlake, TX, (5 minutes north from DFW Airport) offers phlebotomy education. The curriculum includes 48 hours of classroom instruction, 48 hours of laboratory practice and 200 hours of clinical experience. Currently, the total cost for this program (including fees and supplies) is about $1500.
Prerequisites for this program:
• An official High School or College Transcript
• Must pass a standardized entrance exam
• Proof of all required immunizations, and a negative TB skin test within the past year
• Pass a drug screen
The CCI Training Center in Arlington, TX (part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex), has a dual educational program to train students to become Phlebotomists and Pharmacy Technicians. CCI offers a full-time day schedule that lasts for 33 weeks, and an evening part-time schedule that lasts for 49 weeks. In total, the training consists of 652 class hours, and 120 externship hours. The classroom instruction includes:
• Office Communications
• Computer Fundamentals
• Allied Health Math
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Phlebotomy Theory
• Career Development
• Healthcare Provider CPR (advanced CPR)
Phlebotomy lab and hands-on clinical practice complete the training.
Online Phlebotomy Education offers 24 -hour availability that allows students to study at their convenience. Some of the classroom lecture information includes:
• Phlebotomy Organization
• Skin Puncture Collection (also called finger stick)
• Legal situations in Phlebotomy
• Customer Service
With online classes, the students need to arrange for their hands-on training. Different online programs have different requirements, so it would be advantageous to look into several programs for more details. After passing the program, each student receives a certificate of completion.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
In Texas, each 2-year renewal requires the phlebotomist to submit proof of having completed six CEUs. Students who sit for the NHA exam and pass it are considered to be a Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT). The NHA (National Healthcareer Association) requires 10 CEUs every two-year period to maintain the professional CPT license.
Salary & Job Prospects
The future for phlebotomists is quite favorable because this career is expected to grow 27 percent in the next few years. The typical salary for a certified phlebotomist in Fort Worth, TX is $22,000. And, Fort Worth is hiring now. Possible places of employment include laboratories, doctors offices, and hospitals.