Fort Worth, TX, has numerous job opportunities for Certified Phlebotomy Technicians. These healthcare professionals are a vital part of patient care. They obtain blood samples from patients to perform various types of analysis.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fort Worth
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
• American Medical Technologists
• National Center for Competency Testing
• American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification
In Fort Worth, being a Certified Phlebotomy Technician will increase the probability of being hired, and will bring a higher salary.
There are three levels of education that an aspiring phlebotomist can choose from:
• Certificate level
• Associate’s level
• Bachelor’s level
The training and certification for this career consist of classroom study, hands-on experience, and passing the certification exam. Training schools have different course completion time frames that range from six to twenty-four months.
A high school diploma or a GED is a requirement for enrollment in a program, and each school may have additional prerequisites for admission.
Phlebotomists without certification may become certified through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians by fulfilling these qualifications:
• Current membership in this organization
• One year as a part-time phlebotomist or,
• At least six months as a full-time phlebotomist or,
• Documentation from a health care supervisor regarding the applicant’s job duties and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited phlebotomy training school
Application Process & Costs
Windsor Career Institute located in Southlake, TX, (5 minutes north from DFW Airport) offers phlebotomy education. The curriculum includes 48 hours of classroom instruction, 48 hours of laboratory practice and 200 hours of clinical experience. Currently, the total cost for this program (including fees and supplies) is about $1500.
Prerequisites for this program:
• An official High School or College Transcript
• Must pass a standardized entrance exam
• Proof of all required immunizations, and a negative TB skin test within the past year
• Pass a drug screen
The CCI Training Center in Arlington, TX (part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex), has a dual educational program to train students to become Phlebotomists and Pharmacy Technicians. CCI offers a full-time day schedule that lasts for 33 weeks, and an evening part-time schedule that lasts for 49 weeks. In total, the training consists of 652 class hours, and 120 externship hours. The classroom instruction includes:
• Office Communications
• Computer Fundamentals
• Allied Health Math
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Phlebotomy Theory
• Career Development
• Healthcare Provider CPR (advanced CPR)
Phlebotomy lab and hands-on clinical practice complete the training.
Online Phlebotomy Education offers 24 -hour availability that allows students to study at their convenience. Some of the classroom lecture information includes:
• Phlebotomy Organization
• Skin Puncture Collection (also called finger stick)
• Legal situations in Phlebotomy
• Customer Service
With online classes, the students need to arrange for their hands-on training. Different online programs have different requirements, so it would be advantageous to look into several programs for more details. After passing the program, each student receives a certificate of completion.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
In Texas, each 2-year renewal requires the phlebotomist to submit proof of having completed six CEUs. Students who sit for the NHA exam and pass it are considered to be a Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT). The NHA (National Healthcareer Association) requires 10 CEUs every two-year period to maintain the professional CPT license.
Salary & Job Prospects
The future for phlebotomists is quite favorable because this career is expected to grow 27 percent in the next few years. The typical salary for a certified phlebotomist in Fort Worth, TX is $22,000. And, Fort Worth is hiring now. Possible places of employment include laboratories, doctors offices, and hospitals.