Fort Worth, TX, has numerous job opportunities for Certified Phlebotomy Technicians. These healthcare professionals are a vital part of patient care. They obtain blood samples from patients to perform various types of analysis.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fort Worth
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Office Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Requirements and Eligibility
• American Medical Technologists
• National Center for Competency Testing
• American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification
In Fort Worth, being a Certified Phlebotomy Technician will increase the probability of being hired, and will bring a higher salary.
There are three levels of education that an aspiring phlebotomist can choose from:
• Certificate level
• Associate’s level
• Bachelor’s level
The training and certification for this career consist of classroom study, hands-on experience, and passing the certification exam. Training schools have different course completion time frames that range from six to twenty-four months.
A high school diploma or a GED is a requirement for enrollment in a program, and each school may have additional prerequisites for admission.
Phlebotomists without certification may become certified through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians by fulfilling these qualifications:
• Current membership in this organization
• One year as a part-time phlebotomist or,
• At least six months as a full-time phlebotomist or,
• Documentation from a health care supervisor regarding the applicant’s job duties and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited phlebotomy training school
Application Process & Costs
Windsor Career Institute located in Southlake, TX, (5 minutes north from DFW Airport) offers phlebotomy education. The curriculum includes 48 hours of classroom instruction, 48 hours of laboratory practice and 200 hours of clinical experience. Currently, the total cost for this program (including fees and supplies) is about $1500.
Prerequisites for this program:
• An official High School or College Transcript
• Must pass a standardized entrance exam
• Proof of all required immunizations, and a negative TB skin test within the past year
• Pass a drug screen
The CCI Training Center in Arlington, TX (part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex), has a dual educational program to train students to become Phlebotomists and Pharmacy Technicians. CCI offers a full-time day schedule that lasts for 33 weeks, and an evening part-time schedule that lasts for 49 weeks. In total, the training consists of 652 class hours, and 120 externship hours. The classroom instruction includes:
• Office Communications
• Computer Fundamentals
• Allied Health Math
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Phlebotomy Theory
• Career Development
• Healthcare Provider CPR (advanced CPR)
Phlebotomy lab and hands-on clinical practice complete the training.
Online Phlebotomy Education offers 24 -hour availability that allows students to study at their convenience. Some of the classroom lecture information includes:
• Phlebotomy Organization
• Skin Puncture Collection (also called finger stick)
• Legal situations in Phlebotomy
• Customer Service
With online classes, the students need to arrange for their hands-on training. Different online programs have different requirements, so it would be advantageous to look into several programs for more details. After passing the program, each student receives a certificate of completion.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
In Texas, each 2-year renewal requires the phlebotomist to submit proof of having completed six CEUs. Students who sit for the NHA exam and pass it are considered to be a Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT). The NHA (National Healthcareer Association) requires 10 CEUs every two-year period to maintain the professional CPT license.
Salary & Job Prospects
The future for phlebotomists is quite favorable because this career is expected to grow 27 percent in the next few years. The typical salary for a certified phlebotomist in Fort Worth, TX is $22,000. And, Fort Worth is hiring now. Possible places of employment include laboratories, doctors offices, and hospitals.