Fort Worth, TX, has numerous job opportunities for Certified Phlebotomy Technicians. These healthcare professionals are a vital part of patient care. They obtain blood samples from patients to perform various types of analysis.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fort Worth
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
• American Medical Technologists
• National Center for Competency Testing
• American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification
In Fort Worth, being a Certified Phlebotomy Technician will increase the probability of being hired, and will bring a higher salary.
There are three levels of education that an aspiring phlebotomist can choose from:
• Certificate level
• Associate’s level
• Bachelor’s level
The training and certification for this career consist of classroom study, hands-on experience, and passing the certification exam. Training schools have different course completion time frames that range from six to twenty-four months.
A high school diploma or a GED is a requirement for enrollment in a program, and each school may have additional prerequisites for admission.
Phlebotomists without certification may become certified through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians by fulfilling these qualifications:
• Current membership in this organization
• One year as a part-time phlebotomist or,
• At least six months as a full-time phlebotomist or,
• Documentation from a health care supervisor regarding the applicant’s job duties and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited phlebotomy training school
Application Process & Costs
Windsor Career Institute located in Southlake, TX, (5 minutes north from DFW Airport) offers phlebotomy education. The curriculum includes 48 hours of classroom instruction, 48 hours of laboratory practice and 200 hours of clinical experience. Currently, the total cost for this program (including fees and supplies) is about $1500.
Prerequisites for this program:
• An official High School or College Transcript
• Must pass a standardized entrance exam
• Proof of all required immunizations, and a negative TB skin test within the past year
• Pass a drug screen
The CCI Training Center in Arlington, TX (part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex), has a dual educational program to train students to become Phlebotomists and Pharmacy Technicians. CCI offers a full-time day schedule that lasts for 33 weeks, and an evening part-time schedule that lasts for 49 weeks. In total, the training consists of 652 class hours, and 120 externship hours. The classroom instruction includes:
• Office Communications
• Computer Fundamentals
• Allied Health Math
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Phlebotomy Theory
• Career Development
• Healthcare Provider CPR (advanced CPR)
Phlebotomy lab and hands-on clinical practice complete the training.
Online Phlebotomy Education offers 24 -hour availability that allows students to study at their convenience. Some of the classroom lecture information includes:
• Phlebotomy Organization
• Skin Puncture Collection (also called finger stick)
• Legal situations in Phlebotomy
• Customer Service
With online classes, the students need to arrange for their hands-on training. Different online programs have different requirements, so it would be advantageous to look into several programs for more details. After passing the program, each student receives a certificate of completion.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
In Texas, each 2-year renewal requires the phlebotomist to submit proof of having completed six CEUs. Students who sit for the NHA exam and pass it are considered to be a Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT). The NHA (National Healthcareer Association) requires 10 CEUs every two-year period to maintain the professional CPT license.
Salary & Job Prospects
The future for phlebotomists is quite favorable because this career is expected to grow 27 percent in the next few years. The typical salary for a certified phlebotomist in Fort Worth, TX is $22,000. And, Fort Worth is hiring now. Possible places of employment include laboratories, doctors offices, and hospitals.