Serious advancements have been made in the healthcare field. Over the past two decades, the life expectancy has increased significantly. Between 1990 and 2013, males have gone from living an average of 57.3 years to 64.2 years, and females jumped from 58.2 years to 68.5 years. Because of the advancements being made in technology, there are even more exciting possibilities in the future, making the need for skilled phlebotomists more important than ever. If you’ve dreamed of making a difference in the healthcare field, phlebotomy training in Fresno, CA is a great investment.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fresno
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Pharmacy Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assisting
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Requirements & Eligibility
In order to take classes in phlebotomy, you must have first successfully completed high school or obtained your GED. If it’s been some time since you graduated, you may want to get in touch with your school to find out who you need to speak with in order to obtain transcripts as they may be needed to prove your achievements while in school. Furthermore, you should possess the following skills:
High stamina in a demanding work environment
Good listening skills
Good analytical skills
Ability to give clear directions
High attention to detail
Application Process & Costs
It’s doesn’t take long to apply for phlebotomy programs since most schools make their applications available online. You typically have to fill out general personal information in the early stages of the application. Once that has been submitted, the staff at the school will contact you with further steps for admission.
Depending on the level of education you wish to pursue, the cost for phelbotomy courses differs. For example, you can get a certificate for as little as $1,500. However, a four-year degree can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $15,000. For those with financial limitations, there is often aid available, and you can apply at the same time you apply for admission.
Life is hectic, and it can be difficult to go to work and find time to go to college on a traditional campus. More and more colleges are making their certificates available to be obtained online, and you can take the classes you need in the comfort of your home in your pajamas. Among the classes you can take include:
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are opportunities for advancement in the field of phlebotomy, and you can become licensed through the American Society for Clinical Pathology or the National Phlebotomy Association. This requires the completion of more than 100 venipunctures and at least 140 hours of practical experience.
Salary & Job Prospects
The job outlook for phlebotomists is much higher than average. Between 2012 and 2027, there is expected to be a rise of 27 percent in the need for skilled phlebotomists, making it a great investment to start taking tests now to obtain your degree. You’ll also make a great median salary of around $30,000. With experience and further education in the field, you can increase your salary to around $43,000.
A Career That Counts
What better career than one that saves lives. When you pursue an education in phlebotomy, you’ll be playing an important role in the diagnosis and cure of disease. With such a positive job outlook and room for advancement, it’s a career course that will keep you motivated and feeling confident in the fact that you’re making a real difference in the world.