Serious advancements have been made in the healthcare field. Over the past two decades, the life expectancy has increased significantly. Between 1990 and 2013, males have gone from living an average of 57.3 years to 64.2 years, and females jumped from 58.2 years to 68.5 years. Because of the advancements being made in technology, there are even more exciting possibilities in the future, making the need for skilled phlebotomists more important than ever. If you’ve dreamed of making a difference in the healthcare field, phlebotomy training in Fresno, CA is a great investment.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fresno
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Healthcare Management
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration
Requirements & Eligibility
In order to take classes in phlebotomy, you must have first successfully completed high school or obtained your GED. If it’s been some time since you graduated, you may want to get in touch with your school to find out who you need to speak with in order to obtain transcripts as they may be needed to prove your achievements while in school. Furthermore, you should possess the following skills:
High stamina in a demanding work environment
Good listening skills
Good analytical skills
Ability to give clear directions
High attention to detail
Application Process & Costs
It’s doesn’t take long to apply for phlebotomy programs since most schools make their applications available online. You typically have to fill out general personal information in the early stages of the application. Once that has been submitted, the staff at the school will contact you with further steps for admission.
Depending on the level of education you wish to pursue, the cost for phelbotomy courses differs. For example, you can get a certificate for as little as $1,500. However, a four-year degree can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $15,000. For those with financial limitations, there is often aid available, and you can apply at the same time you apply for admission.
Life is hectic, and it can be difficult to go to work and find time to go to college on a traditional campus. More and more colleges are making their certificates available to be obtained online, and you can take the classes you need in the comfort of your home in your pajamas. Among the classes you can take include:
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are opportunities for advancement in the field of phlebotomy, and you can become licensed through the American Society for Clinical Pathology or the National Phlebotomy Association. This requires the completion of more than 100 venipunctures and at least 140 hours of practical experience.
Salary & Job Prospects
The job outlook for phlebotomists is much higher than average. Between 2012 and 2027, there is expected to be a rise of 27 percent in the need for skilled phlebotomists, making it a great investment to start taking tests now to obtain your degree. You’ll also make a great median salary of around $30,000. With experience and further education in the field, you can increase your salary to around $43,000.
A Career That Counts
What better career than one that saves lives. When you pursue an education in phlebotomy, you’ll be playing an important role in the diagnosis and cure of disease. With such a positive job outlook and room for advancement, it’s a career course that will keep you motivated and feeling confident in the fact that you’re making a real difference in the world.