Serious advancements have been made in the healthcare field. Over the past two decades, the life expectancy has increased significantly. Between 1990 and 2013, males have gone from living an average of 57.3 years to 64.2 years, and females jumped from 58.2 years to 68.5 years. Because of the advancements being made in technology, there are even more exciting possibilities in the future, making the need for skilled phlebotomists more important than ever. If you’ve dreamed of making a difference in the healthcare field, phlebotomy training in Fresno, CA is a great investment.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fresno
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Dental Assistant (8-Month Diploma Program)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
Requirements & Eligibility
In order to take classes in phlebotomy, you must have first successfully completed high school or obtained your GED. If it’s been some time since you graduated, you may want to get in touch with your school to find out who you need to speak with in order to obtain transcripts as they may be needed to prove your achievements while in school. Furthermore, you should possess the following skills:
High stamina in a demanding work environment
Good listening skills
Good analytical skills
Ability to give clear directions
High attention to detail
Application Process & Costs
It’s doesn’t take long to apply for phlebotomy programs since most schools make their applications available online. You typically have to fill out general personal information in the early stages of the application. Once that has been submitted, the staff at the school will contact you with further steps for admission.
Depending on the level of education you wish to pursue, the cost for phelbotomy courses differs. For example, you can get a certificate for as little as $1,500. However, a four-year degree can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $15,000. For those with financial limitations, there is often aid available, and you can apply at the same time you apply for admission.
Life is hectic, and it can be difficult to go to work and find time to go to college on a traditional campus. More and more colleges are making their certificates available to be obtained online, and you can take the classes you need in the comfort of your home in your pajamas. Among the classes you can take include:
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are opportunities for advancement in the field of phlebotomy, and you can become licensed through the American Society for Clinical Pathology or the National Phlebotomy Association. This requires the completion of more than 100 venipunctures and at least 140 hours of practical experience.
Salary & Job Prospects
The job outlook for phlebotomists is much higher than average. Between 2012 and 2027, there is expected to be a rise of 27 percent in the need for skilled phlebotomists, making it a great investment to start taking tests now to obtain your degree. You’ll also make a great median salary of around $30,000. With experience and further education in the field, you can increase your salary to around $43,000.
A Career That Counts
What better career than one that saves lives. When you pursue an education in phlebotomy, you’ll be playing an important role in the diagnosis and cure of disease. With such a positive job outlook and room for advancement, it’s a career course that will keep you motivated and feeling confident in the fact that you’re making a real difference in the world.