Serious advancements have been made in the healthcare field. Over the past two decades, the life expectancy has increased significantly. Between 1990 and 2013, males have gone from living an average of 57.3 years to 64.2 years, and females jumped from 58.2 years to 68.5 years. Because of the advancements being made in technology, there are even more exciting possibilities in the future, making the need for skilled phlebotomists more important than ever. If you’ve dreamed of making a difference in the healthcare field, phlebotomy training in Fresno, CA is a great investment.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Fresno
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto and Redding in California, and Salem in Oregon.
- Professional Medical Assistant
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Healthcare Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
Requirements & Eligibility
In order to take classes in phlebotomy, you must have first successfully completed high school or obtained your GED. If it’s been some time since you graduated, you may want to get in touch with your school to find out who you need to speak with in order to obtain transcripts as they may be needed to prove your achievements while in school. Furthermore, you should possess the following skills:
High stamina in a demanding work environment
Good listening skills
Good analytical skills
Ability to give clear directions
High attention to detail
Application Process & Costs
It’s doesn’t take long to apply for phlebotomy programs since most schools make their applications available online. You typically have to fill out general personal information in the early stages of the application. Once that has been submitted, the staff at the school will contact you with further steps for admission.
Depending on the level of education you wish to pursue, the cost for phelbotomy courses differs. For example, you can get a certificate for as little as $1,500. However, a four-year degree can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $15,000. For those with financial limitations, there is often aid available, and you can apply at the same time you apply for admission.
Life is hectic, and it can be difficult to go to work and find time to go to college on a traditional campus. More and more colleges are making their certificates available to be obtained online, and you can take the classes you need in the comfort of your home in your pajamas. Among the classes you can take include:
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are opportunities for advancement in the field of phlebotomy, and you can become licensed through the American Society for Clinical Pathology or the National Phlebotomy Association. This requires the completion of more than 100 venipunctures and at least 140 hours of practical experience.
Salary & Job Prospects
The job outlook for phlebotomists is much higher than average. Between 2012 and 2027, there is expected to be a rise of 27 percent in the need for skilled phlebotomists, making it a great investment to start taking tests now to obtain your degree. You’ll also make a great median salary of around $30,000. With experience and further education in the field, you can increase your salary to around $43,000.
A Career That Counts
What better career than one that saves lives. When you pursue an education in phlebotomy, you’ll be playing an important role in the diagnosis and cure of disease. With such a positive job outlook and room for advancement, it’s a career course that will keep you motivated and feeling confident in the fact that you’re making a real difference in the world.