If you have a love of blood, a phlebotomy career is the job for you. Working with blood, you will learn to draw it, test it, and run blood drives.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Georgia
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Healthcare Management
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
There are two basic requirements for every phlebotomist: have a high school diploma or GED, and go through an accredited program.
There are three levels of phlebotomy technicians: limited, I, and II. Each one builds on the previous. A limited technician must do 20 hours of classroom training and 25 supervised skin punctures before they can apply for certification. A technician I must have 40 hours each of clinical training, where they will do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision, and classroom training before certification application can happen. Technician II certification applicants must be a licensed technician I, with 1040 hours of clinical training in the past five years, and complete 20 arterial punctures. A licensed practitioner must write a letter stating these have happened.
Application and Costs
The costs and application processes will change from program to program. The costs cover tuition all around, but some also cover books, uniforms, and other important things.
One program to check out is at the Clinical Skills Training Center. Actually, there are two programs available here. One can be completed within eight weeks, and costs $950. This covers simple phlebotomy training. The second course, which costs $1,650, does both phlebotomy classes and EKG training. Both have an extra $50 in admissions fees. If you chose to take the exam, you will also have to pay for that.
Another program to check out is at Health Tech of Georgia. This one costs $489 in tuition. There are also costs for other things. They include: $25 for application, textbooks, and between $5 to $10 for malpractice fees. This program is divided between clinical hours and class room hours to make sure every student is ready.
A third option to check out is offered at Life Solutions for Health. This option costs $790, and payment plans are available if the students are interested. There is a 40 hour rotation for clinical experience during the last week of class.
Phlebotomy Services offers an online class for $899. An additional $50 will be added if you register less than three weeks before the class is scheduled to begin.
The class consists of three days: two online, and one in person. The online days must be done before you can do the in-person day, and there are no exceptions to this rule for any reason.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
All phlebotomy technicians must pay a renewal fee every two years. In addition to this, all technicians must complete six hours of continuing education classes, be documented for competency annually, and display your certification in an easy to see place. If you work in an ambulance, you must wear the identification card in an easy to see area.
In addition to this, limited phlebotomist technicians and technician Is are reviewed for supervised skin punctures on a monthly basis.
Salary and Jobs
The average salary for a phlebotomist in Georgia is $31,392 a year. This is on the upper end of the scale for averages across the nation.
Entry paying jobs in Georgia pay $25,348 a year, while the highest paying jobs pay around $38,049 a year. Location, job, and employer are the biggest factors in this number. In areas where rent and mortgages are higher, the payment is usually higher.
Phlebotomy jobs can include running blood drives, taking blood samples, and test the samples.