If you have a love of blood, a phlebotomy career is the job for you. Working with blood, you will learn to draw it, test it, and run blood drives.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Georgia
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Medical Assistant (8-Month Diploma Program)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
There are two basic requirements for every phlebotomist: have a high school diploma or GED, and go through an accredited program.
There are three levels of phlebotomy technicians: limited, I, and II. Each one builds on the previous. A limited technician must do 20 hours of classroom training and 25 supervised skin punctures before they can apply for certification. A technician I must have 40 hours each of clinical training, where they will do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision, and classroom training before certification application can happen. Technician II certification applicants must be a licensed technician I, with 1040 hours of clinical training in the past five years, and complete 20 arterial punctures. A licensed practitioner must write a letter stating these have happened.
Application and Costs
The costs and application processes will change from program to program. The costs cover tuition all around, but some also cover books, uniforms, and other important things.
One program to check out is at the Clinical Skills Training Center. Actually, there are two programs available here. One can be completed within eight weeks, and costs $950. This covers simple phlebotomy training. The second course, which costs $1,650, does both phlebotomy classes and EKG training. Both have an extra $50 in admissions fees. If you chose to take the exam, you will also have to pay for that.
Another program to check out is at Health Tech of Georgia. This one costs $489 in tuition. There are also costs for other things. They include: $25 for application, textbooks, and between $5 to $10 for malpractice fees. This program is divided between clinical hours and class room hours to make sure every student is ready.
A third option to check out is offered at Life Solutions for Health. This option costs $790, and payment plans are available if the students are interested. There is a 40 hour rotation for clinical experience during the last week of class.
Phlebotomy Services offers an online class for $899. An additional $50 will be added if you register less than three weeks before the class is scheduled to begin.
The class consists of three days: two online, and one in person. The online days must be done before you can do the in-person day, and there are no exceptions to this rule for any reason.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
All phlebotomy technicians must pay a renewal fee every two years. In addition to this, all technicians must complete six hours of continuing education classes, be documented for competency annually, and display your certification in an easy to see place. If you work in an ambulance, you must wear the identification card in an easy to see area.
In addition to this, limited phlebotomist technicians and technician Is are reviewed for supervised skin punctures on a monthly basis.
Salary and Jobs
The average salary for a phlebotomist in Georgia is $31,392 a year. This is on the upper end of the scale for averages across the nation.
Entry paying jobs in Georgia pay $25,348 a year, while the highest paying jobs pay around $38,049 a year. Location, job, and employer are the biggest factors in this number. In areas where rent and mortgages are higher, the payment is usually higher.
Phlebotomy jobs can include running blood drives, taking blood samples, and test the samples.