If you have a love of blood, a phlebotomy career is the job for you. Working with blood, you will learn to draw it, test it, and run blood drives.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Georgia
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
Brenau Adult and Graduate Studies: Designed with You in Mind
If you are a busy, working adult, Brenau offers professionally focused undergraduate and graduate degrees and professional certification programs in flexible, convenient formats that meet your goals and fit your schedule. Brenau has a rich history of 135 years, with more than 35 years of experience in delivering programs for adults. As a Brenau student, you can schedule your classes in a format that is convenient to you. Many of our programs can be completed 100% online.
- Health Care Management (M.B.A.)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
There are two basic requirements for every phlebotomist: have a high school diploma or GED, and go through an accredited program.
There are three levels of phlebotomy technicians: limited, I, and II. Each one builds on the previous. A limited technician must do 20 hours of classroom training and 25 supervised skin punctures before they can apply for certification. A technician I must have 40 hours each of clinical training, where they will do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision, and classroom training before certification application can happen. Technician II certification applicants must be a licensed technician I, with 1040 hours of clinical training in the past five years, and complete 20 arterial punctures. A licensed practitioner must write a letter stating these have happened.
Application and Costs
The costs and application processes will change from program to program. The costs cover tuition all around, but some also cover books, uniforms, and other important things.
One program to check out is at the Clinical Skills Training Center. Actually, there are two programs available here. One can be completed within eight weeks, and costs $950. This covers simple phlebotomy training. The second course, which costs $1,650, does both phlebotomy classes and EKG training. Both have an extra $50 in admissions fees. If you chose to take the exam, you will also have to pay for that.
Another program to check out is at Health Tech of Georgia. This one costs $489 in tuition. There are also costs for other things. They include: $25 for application, textbooks, and between $5 to $10 for malpractice fees. This program is divided between clinical hours and class room hours to make sure every student is ready.
A third option to check out is offered at Life Solutions for Health. This option costs $790, and payment plans are available if the students are interested. There is a 40 hour rotation for clinical experience during the last week of class.
Phlebotomy Services offers an online class for $899. An additional $50 will be added if you register less than three weeks before the class is scheduled to begin.
The class consists of three days: two online, and one in person. The online days must be done before you can do the in-person day, and there are no exceptions to this rule for any reason.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
All phlebotomy technicians must pay a renewal fee every two years. In addition to this, all technicians must complete six hours of continuing education classes, be documented for competency annually, and display your certification in an easy to see place. If you work in an ambulance, you must wear the identification card in an easy to see area.
In addition to this, limited phlebotomist technicians and technician Is are reviewed for supervised skin punctures on a monthly basis.
Salary and Jobs
The average salary for a phlebotomist in Georgia is $31,392 a year. This is on the upper end of the scale for averages across the nation.
Entry paying jobs in Georgia pay $25,348 a year, while the highest paying jobs pay around $38,049 a year. Location, job, and employer are the biggest factors in this number. In areas where rent and mortgages are higher, the payment is usually higher.
Phlebotomy jobs can include running blood drives, taking blood samples, and test the samples.