Phlebotomy is a fast-growing career field ideal for those looking for a solid and reliable job in the medical profession. As a phlebotomist, you’ll be drawing blood from patients to perform blood work, tests, donations, and transfusions; several types of institutions, including hospitals and research centers, have a consistent and growing demand for qualified phlebotomists. If you’re looking for a field where you’ll be able to find meaningful work with relative ease, and if you’re looking to be trained in one of the most beautiful locations in the world, phlebotomy programs in Hawai’i may be the perfect choice!
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Hawaii
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
While some phlebotomists are hired straight out of high school and trained on the job, most take part in a postsecondary education course lasting under a year and are certified after completion of that course. A high school diploma or GED is your main requirement to enter phlebotomist training programs, allowing you to find a job once you’ve completed the course and certification.
Application Process & Costs
To apply for phlebotomy training programs, consult the specific institution you’re interested in. You can visit their website or call any informational lines (such as admissions departments for Kapi’olani Community College or program coordinators at the Hawai’i Medical Training Center) for specifics, but they’ll usually involve submissions of resumes, intended career path information, and some writing sample on why you’re interested in the program.
Phlebotomy requires hands-on training and practical experience, so it is not an ideal candidate for online courses. Some aspects of the theory behind the practice may be available for online study; consult your particular program for more information, but count on spending most of your time in a physical classroom or lab if you’re pursuing a career in phlebotomy.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Keeping up to date with the latest information and techniques is highly important and makes sure that you’re able to stay competitive in the hiring marketplace. Employers give heavy preference to certified phlebotomists, so certification through the American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing, or other credible institutions is highly recommended for aspiring phlebotomists.
Salary & Job Prospects
The median pay for phlebotomists in 2012 was $29,730 per year, making the profession a good choice for those starting careers in the medical field or looking for a low-cost way to enter the workforce (the lack of necessity for a college degree is a major plus for potential phlebotomists, saving them both time and money). The need for phlebotomists is consistent and continues to rise across the country – hospitals and medical centers must still run in any kind of economic climate, so the medical field is a relatively stable one in which to seek work, and the job prospects for phlebotomists are rising faster than the national average. You’re much more viable as a candidate with some kind of certification, so it’s important to remember to factor this into your education seeking process – the programs in Hawai’i have several certification options available to students upon completing their courses.
Phlebotomy is a strong contender for job seekers looking for a dependable career with a relatively low time and money requirement for education. With much of your training on the job and the rest of your formal schooling usually lasting a year or less, applicants interested in the field of phlebotomy can plan on being up and operating in the workforce more quickly and more dependably than many of their peers. Combine that with the beautiful locations and excellent programs in Hawai’i and you have a recipe for success in the field.