Phlebotomy is the study of blood, more or less. You can learn a lot about someone from what’s in their blood, and this can help save lives when it is done properly. Therefore, it is important to get the proper training if you wish to be a phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Idaho
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
At Broadveiw University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Broadview University.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
To be able to become a certified to practice phlebotomist in Idaho, there are usually many areas that you will have to go through. Other than having to take specific courses (which will be discussed in a moment), you must have some kind of hands-on training – whether that’s by working a clinical externship or time in a medical facility. In addition, a high school degree or the equivalent is needed to even get into the phlebotomy classes.
Any program that is state accredited has the classes that you will need to become a phlebotomist. These classes usually include:
This line of study is a good way to get started as a medical assistant, and requires some of the same training that the medical assistant training will need. Sometimes the phlebotomy classes are given as part of a training for becoming a medical assistant. However, they can be taken on their own.
Application and Costs
For one of the lowest costs to take the required training, check out the Bingham Memorial Hospital’s Phlebotomy 101 Course. This is kind of a fast track to being able to complete the required college classes before taking a certification exam. The entire course is only $200.00, and it includes supplies and books in that cost. It’s twelve hours and split up into multiple classes.
Another place to look for a training class in phlebotomy in Idaho is the College of Southern Idaho. This course is a little more expensive and hovers around $375, though the fees can change. Testing fees are separate from this cost, and therefore it is wise to put aside about $450 altogether for the training program. Of the 160 hours that will be spent in this course, 100 of them will be in the clinic and 60 will be in the classroom.
Another low cost choice is the Idaho State University Workforce Training course titled Phlebotomy Technician Training Program. However, there are three costs to this class: $85 for the class, $85 for the tests if you choose to take it, and $100 for textbooks. When the class is completed, you are able to take the national exam.
There are no online programs for phlebotomy courses in Idaho. It’s more practical to do these in a classroom setting with the equipment – especially since the classes are done in addition to an externship.
Maintaining and Renewing License
In Idaho, the license must be renewed every two years. If you forget to do this, you could lose your job. Of course, if you will be moving, the license may not cover everything you will need in the new state so it is a good idea to check on the requirements in the new state.
Maintaining a license is easy enough. All you must do is make sure you practice by law. It’s easy enough to slip up, so keep careful watch on what you do.
Salary & Job Prospects
In Idaho, a phlebotomist can earn $27,500. However, it falls on the lower end of the scale for the United States payment of phlebotomists. This may be due to lower housing costs or less competitive areas in Idaho.
A phlebotomist can work in a lab with blood samples. They may run blood drives or test blood drawn from patients for a doctor’s office.