Phlebotomy is the study of blood, more or less. You can learn a lot about someone from what’s in their blood, and this can help save lives when it is done properly. Therefore, it is important to get the proper training if you wish to be a phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Idaho
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Healthcare Administration - Gerontology (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- MS Sport Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
To be able to become a certified to practice phlebotomist in Idaho, there are usually many areas that you will have to go through. Other than having to take specific courses (which will be discussed in a moment), you must have some kind of hands-on training – whether that’s by working a clinical externship or time in a medical facility. In addition, a high school degree or the equivalent is needed to even get into the phlebotomy classes.
Any program that is state accredited has the classes that you will need to become a phlebotomist. These classes usually include:
This line of study is a good way to get started as a medical assistant, and requires some of the same training that the medical assistant training will need. Sometimes the phlebotomy classes are given as part of a training for becoming a medical assistant. However, they can be taken on their own.
Application and Costs
For one of the lowest costs to take the required training, check out the Bingham Memorial Hospital’s Phlebotomy 101 Course. This is kind of a fast track to being able to complete the required college classes before taking a certification exam. The entire course is only $200.00, and it includes supplies and books in that cost. It’s twelve hours and split up into multiple classes.
Another place to look for a training class in phlebotomy in Idaho is the College of Southern Idaho. This course is a little more expensive and hovers around $375, though the fees can change. Testing fees are separate from this cost, and therefore it is wise to put aside about $450 altogether for the training program. Of the 160 hours that will be spent in this course, 100 of them will be in the clinic and 60 will be in the classroom.
Another low cost choice is the Idaho State University Workforce Training course titled Phlebotomy Technician Training Program. However, there are three costs to this class: $85 for the class, $85 for the tests if you choose to take it, and $100 for textbooks. When the class is completed, you are able to take the national exam.
There are no online programs for phlebotomy courses in Idaho. It’s more practical to do these in a classroom setting with the equipment – especially since the classes are done in addition to an externship.
Maintaining and Renewing License
In Idaho, the license must be renewed every two years. If you forget to do this, you could lose your job. Of course, if you will be moving, the license may not cover everything you will need in the new state so it is a good idea to check on the requirements in the new state.
Maintaining a license is easy enough. All you must do is make sure you practice by law. It’s easy enough to slip up, so keep careful watch on what you do.
Salary & Job Prospects
In Idaho, a phlebotomist can earn $27,500. However, it falls on the lower end of the scale for the United States payment of phlebotomists. This may be due to lower housing costs or less competitive areas in Idaho.
A phlebotomist can work in a lab with blood samples. They may run blood drives or test blood drawn from patients for a doctor’s office.