There are many different areas of the medical field for students to enter. One of the fastest growing in the Jacksonville area is Phlebotomy. This field is the taking and examination of blood samples. There are many different reasons why this field is growing. As preventative medicine grows in popularity, more people than ever are going to be interested in getting their blood examined for disease before it starts. However, the educational requirements to get into Phlebotomy are quite extensive. Here are several things to keep in mind about the field as a whole.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Jacksonville
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Requirements & Eligibility
Getting a four year degree from a university is usually the first step for students interested in this field. When choosing a college, it is important for students to keep several things in mind. First of all, there are many different colleges to choose from in the Jacksonville area. Make sure to do some research on the front end before deciding which one to attend. Many students get in financial trouble because they do not look at the cost of attendance. Always keep the long term in mind when choosing a school to attend.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different ways to look at the cost of college. College should be viewed as an investment in the future. However, it is important to choose a degree that will lead to solid job prospects. In the Jacksonville area, many of the colleges cost less than the national average. The application process for these schools can be completed online for the most part.
Online programs are greatly growing in popularity at colleges all across the country. The field of Phlebotomy is no different, and students can usually take the vast majority of their classes in an online format. This is important for several reasons. Many students are working while going to school, and online classes can give the flexibility needed in order to juggle both areas of life. Always make sure to ask about the online program options when choosing a college to attend. Many students have said that the online classes provided by a school are one of their most important decision points.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Any job in the medical field is going to require continuing education. Anyone working in the field of Phlebotomy needs to make sure they are prepared to learn for the rest of their career. There are many people who believe their learning ends after graduating from college. However, in this field nothing could be further from the truth. Always make sure to continue to grow your educational base in order to advance quickly within the field. The people who are most effective in Phlebotomy are those understanding the importance of continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
Like many areas of medicine, the job prospects for those in the field of Phlebotomy are quite high. In the Jacksonville area, there is a large concentration of elderly people. This demographic generally requires more medical attention than other groups. Many new graduates have reported making over $50,000 in their first year out of school. The important part of graduating is finding that first job. There are many different job openings in this field for graduates. Having some prior work experience in the medical field can go a long way in helping a student land a job after graduation. By taking advantage of online program options, students are more able to work while they are still in school and gain the experience they need to land a job after graduating.