There are many different areas of the medical field for students to enter. One of the fastest growing in the Jacksonville area is Phlebotomy. This field is the taking and examination of blood samples. There are many different reasons why this field is growing. As preventative medicine grows in popularity, more people than ever are going to be interested in getting their blood examined for disease before it starts. However, the educational requirements to get into Phlebotomy are quite extensive. Here are several things to keep in mind about the field as a whole.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Jacksonville
- Has specialized in career training since 1982.
- Offers beginning to advanced training in computer repair, medical assisting, cosmetology, nursing, and more.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Its instructors attend seminars and workshops to keep current with new technology and topics.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
Requirements & Eligibility
Getting a four year degree from a university is usually the first step for students interested in this field. When choosing a college, it is important for students to keep several things in mind. First of all, there are many different colleges to choose from in the Jacksonville area. Make sure to do some research on the front end before deciding which one to attend. Many students get in financial trouble because they do not look at the cost of attendance. Always keep the long term in mind when choosing a school to attend.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different ways to look at the cost of college. College should be viewed as an investment in the future. However, it is important to choose a degree that will lead to solid job prospects. In the Jacksonville area, many of the colleges cost less than the national average. The application process for these schools can be completed online for the most part.
Online programs are greatly growing in popularity at colleges all across the country. The field of Phlebotomy is no different, and students can usually take the vast majority of their classes in an online format. This is important for several reasons. Many students are working while going to school, and online classes can give the flexibility needed in order to juggle both areas of life. Always make sure to ask about the online program options when choosing a college to attend. Many students have said that the online classes provided by a school are one of their most important decision points.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Any job in the medical field is going to require continuing education. Anyone working in the field of Phlebotomy needs to make sure they are prepared to learn for the rest of their career. There are many people who believe their learning ends after graduating from college. However, in this field nothing could be further from the truth. Always make sure to continue to grow your educational base in order to advance quickly within the field. The people who are most effective in Phlebotomy are those understanding the importance of continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
Like many areas of medicine, the job prospects for those in the field of Phlebotomy are quite high. In the Jacksonville area, there is a large concentration of elderly people. This demographic generally requires more medical attention than other groups. Many new graduates have reported making over $50,000 in their first year out of school. The important part of graduating is finding that first job. There are many different job openings in this field for graduates. Having some prior work experience in the medical field can go a long way in helping a student land a job after graduation. By taking advantage of online program options, students are more able to work while they are still in school and gain the experience they need to land a job after graduating.