There are many different areas of the medical field for students to enter. One of the fastest growing in the Jacksonville area is Phlebotomy. This field is the taking and examination of blood samples. There are many different reasons why this field is growing. As preventative medicine grows in popularity, more people than ever are going to be interested in getting their blood examined for disease before it starts. However, the educational requirements to get into Phlebotomy are quite extensive. Here are several things to keep in mind about the field as a whole.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Jacksonville
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Veterinary Technician
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
Getting a four year degree from a university is usually the first step for students interested in this field. When choosing a college, it is important for students to keep several things in mind. First of all, there are many different colleges to choose from in the Jacksonville area. Make sure to do some research on the front end before deciding which one to attend. Many students get in financial trouble because they do not look at the cost of attendance. Always keep the long term in mind when choosing a school to attend.
Application Process & Costs
There are several different ways to look at the cost of college. College should be viewed as an investment in the future. However, it is important to choose a degree that will lead to solid job prospects. In the Jacksonville area, many of the colleges cost less than the national average. The application process for these schools can be completed online for the most part.
Online programs are greatly growing in popularity at colleges all across the country. The field of Phlebotomy is no different, and students can usually take the vast majority of their classes in an online format. This is important for several reasons. Many students are working while going to school, and online classes can give the flexibility needed in order to juggle both areas of life. Always make sure to ask about the online program options when choosing a college to attend. Many students have said that the online classes provided by a school are one of their most important decision points.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Any job in the medical field is going to require continuing education. Anyone working in the field of Phlebotomy needs to make sure they are prepared to learn for the rest of their career. There are many people who believe their learning ends after graduating from college. However, in this field nothing could be further from the truth. Always make sure to continue to grow your educational base in order to advance quickly within the field. The people who are most effective in Phlebotomy are those understanding the importance of continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
Like many areas of medicine, the job prospects for those in the field of Phlebotomy are quite high. In the Jacksonville area, there is a large concentration of elderly people. This demographic generally requires more medical attention than other groups. Many new graduates have reported making over $50,000 in their first year out of school. The important part of graduating is finding that first job. There are many different job openings in this field for graduates. Having some prior work experience in the medical field can go a long way in helping a student land a job after graduation. By taking advantage of online program options, students are more able to work while they are still in school and gain the experience they need to land a job after graduating.