The healthcare industry has many exciting opportunities, and a career as a phlebotomy technician is one of them. With the training and education offered at a Phlebotomy college in Kentucky, you could possibly be one step closer to working within the healthcare industry. There is room for advancement within the phlebotomy field, and you could have a consistent salary. Before you begin applying for jobs, you should know a little more about the many phlebotomy degree and certificate programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Kentucky
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- And more...
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Diesel Technology
- Welding Technology
- Heavy Equipment
- And more...
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Business Management Associate of Applied Business
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Online Master of Laws in Health Law and Policy
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- And more...
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
Some of the phlebotomy certificate programs in Kentucky do not have specific deadlines, but submitting the enrollment agreement could help you get closer to securing space in this popular program. The eligibility requirements will vary from college-to-college, but most of the educational institutions in Kentucky have the same requirements pertaining to their admission policies. All potential students must be:
• At least 18 years of age
• Have a valid form of identification (State issued ID card, driver’s license, etc…)
• Submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score if English is not your native language. The score requirements vary by the institution.
• A high school graduate or have a GED (General Education Development)
Each educational institution may have its own specialized requirements that you can learn more about when contacting the admission’s office at that college.
Application Process & Costs
The costs to take phlebotomy courses in Kentucky will vary from college-to-college. For example, if you are attending Spencerian College, the total amount of your program is $11,960, in addition to other fees, including a $50 enrollment fee, general fee of $200, and a $60 online fee (this fee is charged per credit hour). However, the phlebotomy program at Ashland Community College cost less; you will pay $840 for tuition, in addition to a $20 liability insurance fee, and a $66.95 textbook fee.
Online courses are extremely popular amongst students today. Living in Kentucky does not limit your access to online phlebotomy programs, unlike the limited programs available at a traditional brick and mortar college. However, some of the colleges in Kentucky offer online programs, such as Spencerian College, but others do not.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
A phlebotomist is a medical technician that has been specially trained. Before you can begin your career, most employers will want you to have certification. Most of the programs in Kentucky offer certification courses that students can take. Students that have finished the necessary coursework at one of the accredited phlebotomy certificate schools in Kentucky can take their examination through The American Society for Clinical Pathology. There are a total of nine agencies around the world that offer the Technician Certificate Exams. You can also take phlebotomy classes to stay up-to-date with the latest educational advances in this healthcare field.
Salary & Job Prospects
A career as a phlebotomist could potentially lead to great job opportunities. This career field continues to have a high demand, as the needs of technicians in hospitals, clinics, and laboratories will increase, due to the need of blood analysis. The average salary of a phlebotomy technician in this state is $36,000 per year.
If you plan to work as a phlebotomist in Kentucky after receiving certification, the top cities for employment in this state are:
Many students are choosing to enroll in a phlebotomy certificate or degree program due to the numerous advantages that a career as a phlebotomist offers. You will have the ability to advance into a greater specialization, in addition to job security and good annual wages.
Choose a program today, and you could be one step closer to receiving the phlebotomy education and training that you need!