The healthcare industry has many exciting opportunities, and a career as a phlebotomy technician is one of them. With the training and education offered at a Phlebotomy college in Kentucky, you could possibly be one step closer to working within the healthcare industry. There is room for advancement within the phlebotomy field, and you could have a consistent salary. Before you begin applying for jobs, you should know a little more about the many phlebotomy degree and certificate programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Kentucky
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Diesel Technology
- Welding Technology
- Heavy Equipment
- And more...
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Dental Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
- And more...
- Massage Therapy
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Human Services
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Pharmacy Technician
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Medical Assisting
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Business Administration
- MS in Accounting - Audit Specialization
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- BS in Business Administration - Project Management
- MSHUS- Family and Community Services
- AAS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- And more...
Some of the phlebotomy certificate programs in Kentucky do not have specific deadlines, but submitting the enrollment agreement could help you get closer to securing space in this popular program. The eligibility requirements will vary from college-to-college, but most of the educational institutions in Kentucky have the same requirements pertaining to their admission policies. All potential students must be:
• At least 18 years of age
• Have a valid form of identification (State issued ID card, driver’s license, etc…)
• Submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score if English is not your native language. The score requirements vary by the institution.
• A high school graduate or have a GED (General Education Development)
Each educational institution may have its own specialized requirements that you can learn more about when contacting the admission’s office at that college.
Application Process & Costs
The costs to take phlebotomy courses in Kentucky will vary from college-to-college. For example, if you are attending Spencerian College, the total amount of your program is $11,960, in addition to other fees, including a $50 enrollment fee, general fee of $200, and a $60 online fee (this fee is charged per credit hour). However, the phlebotomy program at Ashland Community College cost less; you will pay $840 for tuition, in addition to a $20 liability insurance fee, and a $66.95 textbook fee.
Online courses are extremely popular amongst students today. Living in Kentucky does not limit your access to online phlebotomy programs, unlike the limited programs available at a traditional brick and mortar college. However, some of the colleges in Kentucky offer online programs, such as Spencerian College, but others do not.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
A phlebotomist is a medical technician that has been specially trained. Before you can begin your career, most employers will want you to have certification. Most of the programs in Kentucky offer certification courses that students can take. Students that have finished the necessary coursework at one of the accredited phlebotomy certificate schools in Kentucky can take their examination through The American Society for Clinical Pathology. There are a total of nine agencies around the world that offer the Technician Certificate Exams. You can also take phlebotomy classes to stay up-to-date with the latest educational advances in this healthcare field.
Salary & Job Prospects
A career as a phlebotomist could potentially lead to great job opportunities. This career field continues to have a high demand, as the needs of technicians in hospitals, clinics, and laboratories will increase, due to the need of blood analysis. The average salary of a phlebotomy technician in this state is $36,000 per year.
If you plan to work as a phlebotomist in Kentucky after receiving certification, the top cities for employment in this state are:
Many students are choosing to enroll in a phlebotomy certificate or degree program due to the numerous advantages that a career as a phlebotomist offers. You will have the ability to advance into a greater specialization, in addition to job security and good annual wages.
Choose a program today, and you could be one step closer to receiving the phlebotomy education and training that you need!