The healthcare industry has many exciting opportunities, and a career as a phlebotomy technician is one of them. With the training and education offered at a Phlebotomy college in Kentucky, you could possibly be one step closer to working within the healthcare industry. There is room for advancement within the phlebotomy field, and you could have a consistent salary. Before you begin applying for jobs, you should know a little more about the many phlebotomy degree and certificate programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Kentucky
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies
- And more...
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Forensic Science
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Diesel Technology
- Welding Technology
- Heavy Equipment
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years. Our nationally-ranked graduate programs provide flexible opportunities to students around the globe
- Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Health Administration
- Online Bachelor's programs include Healthcare Management, Public Health, IT, Psychology, BBA & Criminal Justice
- Dedicated to delivering quality education and personalized attention to students since 1899
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Human Resources Management
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Dental Assistant
- Payroll Clerk
- Private Investigation
- High School
- And more...
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
- Online Master of Laws in Taxation
- Online Master of Science in Analytics
- Online Master of Business Administration
- And more...
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
Some of the phlebotomy certificate programs in Kentucky do not have specific deadlines, but submitting the enrollment agreement could help you get closer to securing space in this popular program. The eligibility requirements will vary from college-to-college, but most of the educational institutions in Kentucky have the same requirements pertaining to their admission policies. All potential students must be:
• At least 18 years of age
• Have a valid form of identification (State issued ID card, driver’s license, etc…)
• Submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score if English is not your native language. The score requirements vary by the institution.
• A high school graduate or have a GED (General Education Development)
Each educational institution may have its own specialized requirements that you can learn more about when contacting the admission’s office at that college.
Application Process & Costs
The costs to take phlebotomy courses in Kentucky will vary from college-to-college. For example, if you are attending Spencerian College, the total amount of your program is $11,960, in addition to other fees, including a $50 enrollment fee, general fee of $200, and a $60 online fee (this fee is charged per credit hour). However, the phlebotomy program at Ashland Community College cost less; you will pay $840 for tuition, in addition to a $20 liability insurance fee, and a $66.95 textbook fee.
Online courses are extremely popular amongst students today. Living in Kentucky does not limit your access to online phlebotomy programs, unlike the limited programs available at a traditional brick and mortar college. However, some of the colleges in Kentucky offer online programs, such as Spencerian College, but others do not.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
A phlebotomist is a medical technician that has been specially trained. Before you can begin your career, most employers will want you to have certification. Most of the programs in Kentucky offer certification courses that students can take. Students that have finished the necessary coursework at one of the accredited phlebotomy certificate schools in Kentucky can take their examination through The American Society for Clinical Pathology. There are a total of nine agencies around the world that offer the Technician Certificate Exams. You can also take phlebotomy classes to stay up-to-date with the latest educational advances in this healthcare field.
Salary & Job Prospects
A career as a phlebotomist could potentially lead to great job opportunities. This career field continues to have a high demand, as the needs of technicians in hospitals, clinics, and laboratories will increase, due to the need of blood analysis. The average salary of a phlebotomy technician in this state is $36,000 per year.
If you plan to work as a phlebotomist in Kentucky after receiving certification, the top cities for employment in this state are:
Many students are choosing to enroll in a phlebotomy certificate or degree program due to the numerous advantages that a career as a phlebotomist offers. You will have the ability to advance into a greater specialization, in addition to job security and good annual wages.
Choose a program today, and you could be one step closer to receiving the phlebotomy education and training that you need!