The crimson liquid in our veins is a passion for some. For others, it’s a squeamish thing. If it’s your passion, becoming a phlebotomist would be a wonderful choice.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Las Vegas
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MS Sport Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Requirements and Eligibility
Now you can decide which level of phlebotomist you want to be: a limited technician, a technician I, or a technician II. Each has its own requirements in terms of what kind of punctures you do and how much time you spend in a classroom.
To be a limited technician, you spend 20 hours in the classroom. During your clinical experience or training, you must do 25 successful skin punctures under supervision.
Moving up to a technician I, you must do 40 hours in the classroom. You also must have at least 40 hours of clinical experience. During that time, you do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
After you are certified as a technician I, you have met one of the requirements to becoming a technician II. You must have five years of experience with 1040 hours in a clinic or in multiple clinics within the last five years. Then you must have a written letter from a practitioner approved by the state that says you have completed 20 arterial punctures under supervision.
Application and Costs
Cost and application process changes from program to program and all depends on how much the initial tuition cost covers, where you are, and who’s offering the course.
The College of Southern Nevada, for example, has a tuition fee of $540 for their phlebotomy class. This does not include the extra costs for a drug screening, admission fees, textbooks, lab fees, exams, uniforms, certification costs, or even health insurance. However, if you successfully complete this program, you will be awarded a completion certificate. This is a three week long course with eight hour days from Monday to Friday in most cases. 120 hours of a clinic externship are needed to finish the course.
The Northwest Career College phlebotomy courses cost a total of $3200. This is tuition, and possibly other costs – which can be seen on the school’s website. This course allows the student to work with real patients under supervision as they draw blood after they have seen the proper techniques via on the job training.
There is one online program that can be considered a replacement of traditional classes. It’s offered through Phlebotomy Services, and costs $899. There are two days that are done online, from the comfort of your own home. The third and final day is done in a specific location and in person. This location changes from month to month and is held in three or four different states.
There are two stipulations to this course. If you do not complete the online work, you will not be allowed to attend the third day. If you register less than three weeks before the start date of your chosen class session, you will be charged a late fee of $50.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To maintain your license, you must:
display certification promeniently in work place or on person
complete three hours of continued education classes
be reviewed annually for your competency
If you are a limited technician or technician I, you will also be reviewed on a supervised skin puncture monthly.
Salary and Jobs
Your job consists of drawing, labeling, and storing blood correctly for your doctor. It is recommended you have good handwriting and keep neat records.
An average salary in Nevada is $31,034 a year. Entry jobs average $25,059, while more experienced phlebotomists can earn an average of $37,615 a year. Location, job and employer all play factors in what you’re paid.