As a phlebotomist, you’ll be an important part of the healthcare team, serving as a vital touchpoint for patients and a critical link to clinical laboratories. At the same time, you’ll be building a rewarding career in a field that is expected to grow by a faster-than-average 27 percent.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Long Beach
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Requirements & Eligibility
California recognizes three levels of phlebotomy training and certification, each requiring at least a high school education, GED or equivalent. The top, Clinical Phlebotomist Technician 2, or CPT 2, certification requires that applicants already qualify as CPT 1’s and additional on-the-job education. Applicants usually don’t need to take any prerequisite courses before applying to phlebotomy programs. However, before you’ll be admitted into the on-the-job training portion of the program, you will undergo a background check, provide proof you are properly immunized and complete a CPR course for healthcare providers. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Application Process & Costs
In most cases, program applicants need to submit proof of their education and complete the individual phlebotomy school’s application. Costs for these programs vary widely especially between public and private schools. For instance, applying to community college programs and public schools does not usually require an application fee. Private schools frequently require a registration fee of about $100, but that is often credited to the total enrollment fee. Tuition is equally diverse. Students at community college programs pay the usual tuition fees per unit plus a $10 materials fee. There, students who are California residents pay about $141 per two-unit course; out-of-state-resident students pay about $601 for the same two-unit course. Privately run schools usually charge a flat rate per type of program, averaging from $700 to $2,400, depending on the type of program pursued.
Local phlebotomy education programs are approved by the California Department of Public Health, Laboratory Field Services, or LFS. LFS publishes a list of approved schools, including online programs. Most online programs are designed for students who are already in the health care field and who have experience with at least 50 venipunctures and 10 skin punctures. There is currently one online program approved by California’s Department of Public Health.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Earning and maintaining phlebotomy certification varies depending on the level of certification. The most basic level of certification, the Limited Phlebotomy Technician, must pay the state certification application fee of $100 and provide proof of their 20 hours of basic didactic education and experience with at least 25 skin punctures. Those applying for CPT 1 certification must pay the certification fee, provide proof of their 40 hours of didactic phlebotomy education and at least 40 hours of practical training and pass an approved phlebotomy certification exam. To be certified as a CPT 2, applicants must already hold a CPT 1 and provide proof of at least 1040 hours of on-the-job training, experience with at least 20 arterial punctures and pass the written phlebotomy test. Certifications are valid for two years. To maintain certification, phlebotomists must complete 6 hours of continuing education during that two-year certification period and pay a renewal certification fee.
Salary & Job Prospects
California is one of the top five states for phlebotomy jobs, employing nearly 11,500 phlebotomists in local medical centers, hospitals, physician offices, urgent care centers, rehabilitation hospitals and a host of other health facilities. Average mean salaries throughout the state are currently at $37,770. About 4,000 phlebotomists are employed in the Long Beach/Los Angeles County area, with an annual mean wage of $36,680. The top 10 percent in this region earn $47,880.