There are many different career options for those who live in the area of Los Angeles, CA. With the high cost of living, it is vital to choose a career path that has a lot of high salary potential. One field that many students are interested in is Phlebotomy. This is an important field as medicine continues to get better with technology. The taking and examination of blood can provide patients with vital information about the future of their health. Here are a couple of points of information on Phlebotomy training in Los Angeles.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Los Angeles
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different important requirements for anyone who wants to go in to this career field. Although a degree is not required to take the final certification test, it is recommended to go ahead and finish a degree path. There are so many classes required to take the final exam that it would be silly not to. The competition from students is starting to increase in this field, so it is important to stand out from the field in any way possible. After finishing the class requirements, a student can then apply to take the final exam that will certify them in Phlebotomy in their area.
Application Process & Costs
The cost to take the exam is around $1,500 in the Los Angeles area. Although this is a lot of money, the salary potential in this field is so high that the money will be made back quickly and with ease. Anyone taking the exam needs to take it seriously, as the test has a very high failure rate. Anyone who fails the test must pay to take it again until a passing score is earned. Perhaps the biggest cost associated with this field is the cost of college. Los Angeles has some of the highest college costs in the country, so it may be difficult for students to find a deal here.
There are many different advantages to using online classes to complete a degree program. Many students already have a job or career they are working in. Having an online program allows students the ability to work whenever they would like on their classes. Many students report finishing their degree in just a couple of years. This is a huge change from the typical time it takes to finish a college degree. With the cost of college at an all time high, it is important to find any way possible to reduce the time and money to finish it.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are several things to keep in mind when it comes to your certification in this field. First of all, there is an annual hours requirement to maintain your license. However, if you have a job in this field those hours will be met every year with no issues. Always be sure to invest in continuing your education in the medical field as this will be the biggest factor in advancing your career.
Salary & Job Prospects
Perhaps the most important reason that many students choose Phlebotomy is the fact that the salary and job prospects are so high. Many students in the Los Angeles area make over $60,000 per year after graduation. However, it must be remembered that the cost of living in this area is the highest in the country. Always remember that there are many more things that go in to a career than just salary. However, it is nice to see students make such a good living in this field doing what they love.