There are many different career options for those who live in the area of Los Angeles, CA. With the high cost of living, it is vital to choose a career path that has a lot of high salary potential. One field that many students are interested in is Phlebotomy. This is an important field as medicine continues to get better with technology. The taking and examination of blood can provide patients with vital information about the future of their health. Here are a couple of points of information on Phlebotomy training in Los Angeles.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Los Angeles
- Pharmacy Technician
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - fully online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different important requirements for anyone who wants to go in to this career field. Although a degree is not required to take the final certification test, it is recommended to go ahead and finish a degree path. There are so many classes required to take the final exam that it would be silly not to. The competition from students is starting to increase in this field, so it is important to stand out from the field in any way possible. After finishing the class requirements, a student can then apply to take the final exam that will certify them in Phlebotomy in their area.
Application Process & Costs
The cost to take the exam is around $1,500 in the Los Angeles area. Although this is a lot of money, the salary potential in this field is so high that the money will be made back quickly and with ease. Anyone taking the exam needs to take it seriously, as the test has a very high failure rate. Anyone who fails the test must pay to take it again until a passing score is earned. Perhaps the biggest cost associated with this field is the cost of college. Los Angeles has some of the highest college costs in the country, so it may be difficult for students to find a deal here.
There are many different advantages to using online classes to complete a degree program. Many students already have a job or career they are working in. Having an online program allows students the ability to work whenever they would like on their classes. Many students report finishing their degree in just a couple of years. This is a huge change from the typical time it takes to finish a college degree. With the cost of college at an all time high, it is important to find any way possible to reduce the time and money to finish it.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are several things to keep in mind when it comes to your certification in this field. First of all, there is an annual hours requirement to maintain your license. However, if you have a job in this field those hours will be met every year with no issues. Always be sure to invest in continuing your education in the medical field as this will be the biggest factor in advancing your career.
Salary & Job Prospects
Perhaps the most important reason that many students choose Phlebotomy is the fact that the salary and job prospects are so high. Many students in the Los Angeles area make over $60,000 per year after graduation. However, it must be remembered that the cost of living in this area is the highest in the country. Always remember that there are many more things that go in to a career than just salary. However, it is nice to see students make such a good living in this field doing what they love.