There are many different career options for those who live in the area of Los Angeles, CA. With the high cost of living, it is vital to choose a career path that has a lot of high salary potential. One field that many students are interested in is Phlebotomy. This is an important field as medicine continues to get better with technology. The taking and examination of blood can provide patients with vital information about the future of their health. Here are a couple of points of information on Phlebotomy training in Los Angeles.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Los Angeles
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Health Care Administration
- BA/Health Care Administration
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different important requirements for anyone who wants to go in to this career field. Although a degree is not required to take the final certification test, it is recommended to go ahead and finish a degree path. There are so many classes required to take the final exam that it would be silly not to. The competition from students is starting to increase in this field, so it is important to stand out from the field in any way possible. After finishing the class requirements, a student can then apply to take the final exam that will certify them in Phlebotomy in their area.
Application Process & Costs
The cost to take the exam is around $1,500 in the Los Angeles area. Although this is a lot of money, the salary potential in this field is so high that the money will be made back quickly and with ease. Anyone taking the exam needs to take it seriously, as the test has a very high failure rate. Anyone who fails the test must pay to take it again until a passing score is earned. Perhaps the biggest cost associated with this field is the cost of college. Los Angeles has some of the highest college costs in the country, so it may be difficult for students to find a deal here.
There are many different advantages to using online classes to complete a degree program. Many students already have a job or career they are working in. Having an online program allows students the ability to work whenever they would like on their classes. Many students report finishing their degree in just a couple of years. This is a huge change from the typical time it takes to finish a college degree. With the cost of college at an all time high, it is important to find any way possible to reduce the time and money to finish it.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are several things to keep in mind when it comes to your certification in this field. First of all, there is an annual hours requirement to maintain your license. However, if you have a job in this field those hours will be met every year with no issues. Always be sure to invest in continuing your education in the medical field as this will be the biggest factor in advancing your career.
Salary & Job Prospects
Perhaps the most important reason that many students choose Phlebotomy is the fact that the salary and job prospects are so high. Many students in the Los Angeles area make over $60,000 per year after graduation. However, it must be remembered that the cost of living in this area is the highest in the country. Always remember that there are many more things that go in to a career than just salary. However, it is nice to see students make such a good living in this field doing what they love.