If you have a fear of needles, this is not the type of work for you. A phlebotomist works with drawing blood from patients.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Maine
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Executive Leader
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
There are three levels of trained phlebotomists: limited technician, technician I, and technician II. A limited phlebotomy technician is the most basic level of phlebotomist.
All three levels require a high school diploma or a GED in order to get into the classes. A limited technician must have 20 hours of classroom training and 25 supervised skin punctures. A technician I must have 40 hours each of class room instruction and clinical practice. During the practice, they must do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
A technician II must be a licensed technician I and have had at least 1040 hours of clinical experience in the past five years. They must also have completed 20 arterial punctures and have a letter written by an approved practitioner that says this has happened.
Application and Costs
The application process changes from course to course. Tuition costs – and what the covers – will as well.
At Central Main Community College, the phlebotomy class is $475. This cost includes the materials and the books. The classes in this course will cover collecting specimens, safety guidelines, health guidelines, the relationship between the patient and the technician, and more. Full information is available on the school’s website.
For a smaller class, visit Crooked River Adult and Community Education Center. The phlebotomy lessons here are kept small. Tuition is a little more expensive at $795. Entrance testing includes vaccinations for hepatitis B, varicella, TB, and tetanus. The office does the entrance testing. Students must also have a high school diploma or equivalent GED and proof of vaccination.
Phlebotomy Services offers an online training program – but the in person portion is only offered in three states a month. The tuition is $899, and a late fee of $50 is added if you register less than three weeks later. If more than three people from the same company or service register, $50 is taken off the fee.
The course goes over three days. The first two cover techniques and terminology online. These must be done to be able to attend the in person portion on the third day – no exceptions.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
Everyone who is a licensed phlebotomist must renew national certification every two years. In addition to paying renewal fees, you must have completed six hours of continuing education training. This means three hours a year, at least. Every licensed phlebotomist also needs to show the certification or identification card in a prominent area in the work space – whether that’s an office or an ambulance. You will also be documented for competency annually.
For phlebotomy technician Is and limited technicians, reviews of skin punctures will be done monthly. These will be supervised.
If you are moving soon, it would be wise to look up state specific things. Many don’t require a national certificate, but do treasure those that get the certificate.
Salary and Jobs
An entry level job can earn a newcomer $21,000 a year. Higher end jobs earn $43,000 or more. It all depends on three things: where you work, who you work for, and where you live. Higher living costs can inflate a salary, and lower living costs can deflate a salary.
In Maine, the median average per year for a phlebotomist is $32,077. The lowest median payment is $25,901. The highest payment is $38,879. These are right around average numbers for the nation, and that’s a good thing.