There are millions of young people that are interested in working in the medical field one day. However, it can be difficult to choose an area to work in. The great thing about working in this industry is the fact that there are so many different ways to serve the patient. One of the fastest growing areas of this field is Phlebotomy. This is the practice of drawing blood and analyzing it for patients. There have been a lot of increases in jobs in this field over the past couple of years as the field of preventative medicine grows. There are many job openings across the country for people that are certified in this field. Here are several facts about this career tract for students that are interested in working in Massachusetts one day.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Massachusetts
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Fitness & Nutrition
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Whenever a person is going to be working with patients, it is vital that they have a solid education background. One of the great things about this area of medicine is that the requirements are not as high as others. Although some school is required, the biggest part is passing a series of exams on the subject. After these are passed within a certain time frame, a person is able to be certified in this area. They will still have to spend several hours working with another person that has experience in the field. During this time, they will get practice working with patients in a variety of different ways.
One of the biggest reasons that many students are interested in this area is the job prospects. Unlike many other fields, there are more jobs than there are openings right now. As the field of preventative medicine continues to grow, there are going to more job openings than ever before for people that have experience and knowledge in dealing with blood work. Any student that wants to increase their chances of having a job after graduation should consider work in this field. In the state of Massachusetts, the people make more money and are more educated than the average. This means that they are more open to having preventative blood work completed by their doctor.
Another important factor to consider in this career is the pay. On average, the starting salary for Phlebotomists in Massachusetts is around $55,000 a year. Massachusetts does have a really high cost of living, so that money will not go as far as it would in other states within the country. However, for the certification requirements that this field has, this is a great starting salary and provides a wide depth of experience. There are many people that start out in this area and then branch out once they get more education and training within the medical field as a whole. Anyone that is wanting to have a high starting salary after graduation should consider work in this area.
The medical field is a great area to help others and build a career. There are many different requirements for people in this area of medicine, but the rewards are worth the work that is put in. Anyone that wants to succeed over the long term in this field will want to continue to challenge themselves with more learning. However, the starting salary and experience is so good that this will open up people in the field to many opportunities in medicine as a whole. Massachusetts is a great state to work in because the people are more willing to have preventative blood work done in order to advance their health.
More Phlebotomy Training in Massachusetts
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Medical Professional Institute||Malden||(781) 397-6822|
380 Pleasant St.
Malden, MA 02148