There are millions of young people that are interested in working in the medical field one day. However, it can be difficult to choose an area to work in. The great thing about working in this industry is the fact that there are so many different ways to serve the patient. One of the fastest growing areas of this field is Phlebotomy. This is the practice of drawing blood and analyzing it for patients. There have been a lot of increases in jobs in this field over the past couple of years as the field of preventative medicine grows. There are many job openings across the country for people that are certified in this field. Here are several facts about this career tract for students that are interested in working in Massachusetts one day.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Massachusetts
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Medical Laboratory Technology
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- MS Sport Management
Whenever a person is going to be working with patients, it is vital that they have a solid education background. One of the great things about this area of medicine is that the requirements are not as high as others. Although some school is required, the biggest part is passing a series of exams on the subject. After these are passed within a certain time frame, a person is able to be certified in this area. They will still have to spend several hours working with another person that has experience in the field. During this time, they will get practice working with patients in a variety of different ways.
One of the biggest reasons that many students are interested in this area is the job prospects. Unlike many other fields, there are more jobs than there are openings right now. As the field of preventative medicine continues to grow, there are going to more job openings than ever before for people that have experience and knowledge in dealing with blood work. Any student that wants to increase their chances of having a job after graduation should consider work in this field. In the state of Massachusetts, the people make more money and are more educated than the average. This means that they are more open to having preventative blood work completed by their doctor.
Another important factor to consider in this career is the pay. On average, the starting salary for Phlebotomists in Massachusetts is around $55,000 a year. Massachusetts does have a really high cost of living, so that money will not go as far as it would in other states within the country. However, for the certification requirements that this field has, this is a great starting salary and provides a wide depth of experience. There are many people that start out in this area and then branch out once they get more education and training within the medical field as a whole. Anyone that is wanting to have a high starting salary after graduation should consider work in this area.
The medical field is a great area to help others and build a career. There are many different requirements for people in this area of medicine, but the rewards are worth the work that is put in. Anyone that wants to succeed over the long term in this field will want to continue to challenge themselves with more learning. However, the starting salary and experience is so good that this will open up people in the field to many opportunities in medicine as a whole. Massachusetts is a great state to work in because the people are more willing to have preventative blood work done in order to advance their health.
More Phlebotomy Training in Massachusetts
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Medical Professional Institute||Malden||(781) 397-6822|
380 Pleasant St.
Malden, MA 02148