Phlebotomy is a growing area in the field of medicine. Phlebotomy is basically when a nurse or doctor takes a blood sample and then examines the sample for any signs of disease. As the field of preventative medicine continues to grow, there are many people who expect Phlebotomy to grow along with it. Any students who are looking for great salary and job prospects after graduation should consider this field. Here are some of the education requirements in Memphis, TN for anyone going in to this field.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Memphis
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different requirements in order to sit for the certification test in this area. Many students go ahead and get a four year degree even though it is technically not required. However, there are many college classes that are required in order to be qualified to sit for the certification exam. Over the long term, many people expect that these requirements will increase as the field becomes more complex. When it comes to the final exam, it is important that students put in enough work to pass on the first try.
Application Process & Costs
There are several application steps that must be taken by students in order to go to school and sit for the exam. Although the cost of college in Memphis is high, it is important to consider your salary and job prospects after graduation. There are many people who earn a high starting salary after getting certified in this field of medicine. A student should be thinking long term when it comes to the cost of their education.
One area of good news is that there are dozens of online programs in the state where students can take the courses required to sit for the certification test. This helps greatly with anyone who is attempting to work while they are in school. There are many students who have cut down tremendously on the cost of college because of online programs. Anyone interested in online programs in the area should reach out to local schools in Memphis. They should be able to provide some details on the different program offerings that they have online. Many students report that the online program is just as good as being in person within a classroom.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
In the medical field, having some form of continuing education is vital to staying on top of your industry. Many people wrongly assume that after graduation people in the medical field no longer have to learn anything. However, if you are certified in this area there are several continuing education requirements that must be met. The good news is most of these requirements will be met through the daily course of work that you take on. There are a certain number of hours required in the field over a five year period, but anyone working part time or full time will easily hit this threshold.
Salary & Job Prospects
The great salary and job prospects is one of the biggest reasons why so many students are attracted to this field. In the Memphis area, it can be difficult to find jobs that pay well over the long term. Many students who graduate with a certification in Phlebotomy are making well over $42,000 a year. This is a great salary for the Memphis area with its low cost of living. In order to stand out, always make sure that you are putting your education first. It can be tempting to take it easy after graduating but anyone who wants to succeed over the long term will not do that.