Phlebotomy is a growing area in the field of medicine. Phlebotomy is basically when a nurse or doctor takes a blood sample and then examines the sample for any signs of disease. As the field of preventative medicine continues to grow, there are many people who expect Phlebotomy to grow along with it. Any students who are looking for great salary and job prospects after graduation should consider this field. Here are some of the education requirements in Memphis, TN for anyone going in to this field.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Memphis
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
National Louis University is one of the oldest and most progressive universities in Chicago. We offer more than 60 undergraduate and graduate degree programs through two colleges: the National College of Education and the College of Professional Studies and Advancement.
- B.S. in Health Care Leadership
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) at Syracuse University's Maxwell School prepares professionals for the challenges of leading organizations in the midst of dynamic global change.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (Executive MPA)
- Master of Public Administration Online
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different requirements in order to sit for the certification test in this area. Many students go ahead and get a four year degree even though it is technically not required. However, there are many college classes that are required in order to be qualified to sit for the certification exam. Over the long term, many people expect that these requirements will increase as the field becomes more complex. When it comes to the final exam, it is important that students put in enough work to pass on the first try.
Application Process & Costs
There are several application steps that must be taken by students in order to go to school and sit for the exam. Although the cost of college in Memphis is high, it is important to consider your salary and job prospects after graduation. There are many people who earn a high starting salary after getting certified in this field of medicine. A student should be thinking long term when it comes to the cost of their education.
One area of good news is that there are dozens of online programs in the state where students can take the courses required to sit for the certification test. This helps greatly with anyone who is attempting to work while they are in school. There are many students who have cut down tremendously on the cost of college because of online programs. Anyone interested in online programs in the area should reach out to local schools in Memphis. They should be able to provide some details on the different program offerings that they have online. Many students report that the online program is just as good as being in person within a classroom.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
In the medical field, having some form of continuing education is vital to staying on top of your industry. Many people wrongly assume that after graduation people in the medical field no longer have to learn anything. However, if you are certified in this area there are several continuing education requirements that must be met. The good news is most of these requirements will be met through the daily course of work that you take on. There are a certain number of hours required in the field over a five year period, but anyone working part time or full time will easily hit this threshold.
Salary & Job Prospects
The great salary and job prospects is one of the biggest reasons why so many students are attracted to this field. In the Memphis area, it can be difficult to find jobs that pay well over the long term. Many students who graduate with a certification in Phlebotomy are making well over $42,000 a year. This is a great salary for the Memphis area with its low cost of living. In order to stand out, always make sure that you are putting your education first. It can be tempting to take it easy after graduating but anyone who wants to succeed over the long term will not do that.