Today many students go to Minneapolis, Minnesota to obtain training for an exciting medical career in Phlebotomy. Technicians who work as Phlebotomists learn how to draw blood safely and correctly from patients. Doctors and diagnostic labs require blood samples in order to conduct vital diagnostic tests. A skilled Phlebotomist helps improve the quality of daily life for ailing and injured patients by performing venipuncture accurately and as painlessly as possible.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Minneapolis
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Veterinary Assistant
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Requirements And Eligibility
No formal restrictions prevent anyone from training for an exciting career as a Phlebotomist. However, most employers do require certification and the ability to read and write. Employers prefer to hire employees in this field who do not abuse drugs or alcohol. Typically, a technician training as a Phlebotomist must also pass a current course in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in order to assist patients. Taking a TB test is a necessary requirement in most countries, also. To gain a formal education in the field of Phlebotomy, students can complete extensive studies in medicine or skilled nursing to qualify for a formal medical degree. Alternatively, some learners pursue a “fast track” program to achieve a certificate in Phlebotomy in as little as a few weeks or months. Few people seek formal degrees in “Phlebotomy” as a subject, probably because no states in the USA require a Phlebotomy license or licenses. California, Nevada, Washington and Louisiana do require formal certfication in this technical field.
Application Process And Costs
Courses leading to certifications for Phlebotomists often include CPR, basic Anatomy and Medical Terminology. However, no prerequisites at all are required to apply to work in this field in most states. Training typically costs between $1,000 and upwards of $4,000 or more, depending on the route of training chosen. Formal medical school programs involving offline classes generally costs considerably more than rapid certifications. However, people seeking work as Phlebotomists need to gain practice drawing blood from patients in order to perform this job competently. So if you take an unaccredited or accredited online course, plan on also gaining clinical experience working in this caring field, perhaps as an unpaid volunteer or as an uncertified Phlebotomist. The more practice you obtain drawing blood, the better your skills translate into a rewarding well-compensated career. Most organizations prefer to hire technicians holding certificates from established certifying entities. These organizations expect a Plebotomist to demonstrate competency.
Many online programs provide Phlebotomy courses. Some colleges and vocational schools also offer a certificate program in Phlebotomy. Institutions today frequently seek profit centers. The satisfying field of blood collection attracts a lot of academic interest because so many medical facilities and diagnostic labs will require capably trained Phlebotomists in the near future as Baby Boomers age. In progressive Minneapolis, you can obtain Phlebotomy career training in several places and languages, including:
Minneapolis Community and Technical College;
Hennepin County Medical Center Phlebotomy Technical Program;
Saint Catherine University;
Saint Paul University;
Crown Medical Center.
Maintaining Certification/License And Renewal
Some certifying bodies expect Phlebotomists to undertake a periodic re-certification exam or class because of the medical importance of performing this occupation correctly. Many offer continuing education classes.
Salary And Job Prospect
Phlebotomy technicians earn an average of $31,890 a year. Job prospects in the field appear excellent, with projected growth over 25% by 2020.