Today many students go to Minneapolis, Minnesota to obtain training for an exciting medical career in Phlebotomy. Technicians who work as Phlebotomists learn how to draw blood safely and correctly from patients. Doctors and diagnostic labs require blood samples in order to conduct vital diagnostic tests. A skilled Phlebotomist helps improve the quality of daily life for ailing and injured patients by performing venipuncture accurately and as painlessly as possible.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Minneapolis
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Requirements And Eligibility
No formal restrictions prevent anyone from training for an exciting career as a Phlebotomist. However, most employers do require certification and the ability to read and write. Employers prefer to hire employees in this field who do not abuse drugs or alcohol. Typically, a technician training as a Phlebotomist must also pass a current course in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in order to assist patients. Taking a TB test is a necessary requirement in most countries, also. To gain a formal education in the field of Phlebotomy, students can complete extensive studies in medicine or skilled nursing to qualify for a formal medical degree. Alternatively, some learners pursue a “fast track” program to achieve a certificate in Phlebotomy in as little as a few weeks or months. Few people seek formal degrees in “Phlebotomy” as a subject, probably because no states in the USA require a Phlebotomy license or licenses. California, Nevada, Washington and Louisiana do require formal certfication in this technical field.
Application Process And Costs
Courses leading to certifications for Phlebotomists often include CPR, basic Anatomy and Medical Terminology. However, no prerequisites at all are required to apply to work in this field in most states. Training typically costs between $1,000 and upwards of $4,000 or more, depending on the route of training chosen. Formal medical school programs involving offline classes generally costs considerably more than rapid certifications. However, people seeking work as Phlebotomists need to gain practice drawing blood from patients in order to perform this job competently. So if you take an unaccredited or accredited online course, plan on also gaining clinical experience working in this caring field, perhaps as an unpaid volunteer or as an uncertified Phlebotomist. The more practice you obtain drawing blood, the better your skills translate into a rewarding well-compensated career. Most organizations prefer to hire technicians holding certificates from established certifying entities. These organizations expect a Plebotomist to demonstrate competency.
Many online programs provide Phlebotomy courses. Some colleges and vocational schools also offer a certificate program in Phlebotomy. Institutions today frequently seek profit centers. The satisfying field of blood collection attracts a lot of academic interest because so many medical facilities and diagnostic labs will require capably trained Phlebotomists in the near future as Baby Boomers age. In progressive Minneapolis, you can obtain Phlebotomy career training in several places and languages, including:
Minneapolis Community and Technical College;
Hennepin County Medical Center Phlebotomy Technical Program;
Saint Catherine University;
Saint Paul University;
Crown Medical Center.
Maintaining Certification/License And Renewal
Some certifying bodies expect Phlebotomists to undertake a periodic re-certification exam or class because of the medical importance of performing this occupation correctly. Many offer continuing education classes.
Salary And Job Prospect
Phlebotomy technicians earn an average of $31,890 a year. Job prospects in the field appear excellent, with projected growth over 25% by 2020.