Working in the medical field is a dream for many different people. There are various opportunities that this field offers, ranging from a great salary to the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many people. However, it can be difficult to determine which area of medicine a student wants to practice in. One area of medicine that is increasing in demand is Phlebotomy. This is essentially the collection and detailed study of blood in an individual. There are many different reasons that this area is growing. Preventative medicine has come a long way in recent years, and Phlebotomy is a great way to capitalize on this trend. Here are several things to keep in mind about this career tract.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Mississippi
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
There are several requirements for qualification in this field. First of all, it is important to have a foundation of college classes before taking the certification test. There are a variety of different degree programs in this area, but a full four year degree is not required in the state of Mississippi. There are various tests that must be passed before a person is eligible to practice in Phlebotomy.
Application Process & Costs
There are many different ways in which a person can take the certification test in this field. First of all, it is important to find a campus that offers the test in Mississippi. Due to the rural nature of the state, there are few places that actually offer a proctored exam. This test cannot be taken online in any way simply because it is too easy to cheat. The good news is that the cost to take all of the exams is under $1,000. For a promising career field like Phlebotomy, this is not a large cost at all.
Almost all of the classes leading up to the testing program can be completed online. This is a huge selling point for many students. Most of the colleges in the state of Mississippi have some sort of online degree option to choose from. At the end of the day, it is important to choose a college that offers the flexibility that you need in order to completed your degree program. Although a four year degree is not required, there are many college courses that must be passed before qualifying to take the test.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Continuing education is vital in the field of medicine. There are several different ways in which a person can continue to stay educated in the field. For Phlebotomy, there is an annual hourly requirement for continuing education. However, this can easily be accomplished in a couple of days for many people. In addition, there are a certain number of hours that must be worked directly in this field. Anyone that has a part time or full time job will easily meet this requirement. Always be sure that you are up to date on any certification requirements in order to stay in this field.
Salary & Job Prospects
One of the biggest reasons that students are drawn to Phlebotomy is the salary and job prospects. In the state of Mississippi, graduates can expect to earn around $40,000 a year in their first year. Mississippi has a very low cost of living so this can go a long way in having a good lifestyle for new graduates. With the increases in testing for health reasons, many people see this field as one that will continue to grow over the next couple of years in medicine.