Working in the medical field is a dream for many different people. There are various opportunities that this field offers, ranging from a great salary to the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many people. However, it can be difficult to determine which area of medicine a student wants to practice in. One area of medicine that is increasing in demand is Phlebotomy. This is essentially the collection and detailed study of blood in an individual. There are many different reasons that this area is growing. Preventative medicine has come a long way in recent years, and Phlebotomy is a great way to capitalize on this trend. Here are several things to keep in mind about this career tract.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Mississippi
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- BS - Health Services Management
There are several requirements for qualification in this field. First of all, it is important to have a foundation of college classes before taking the certification test. There are a variety of different degree programs in this area, but a full four year degree is not required in the state of Mississippi. There are various tests that must be passed before a person is eligible to practice in Phlebotomy.
Application Process & Costs
There are many different ways in which a person can take the certification test in this field. First of all, it is important to find a campus that offers the test in Mississippi. Due to the rural nature of the state, there are few places that actually offer a proctored exam. This test cannot be taken online in any way simply because it is too easy to cheat. The good news is that the cost to take all of the exams is under $1,000. For a promising career field like Phlebotomy, this is not a large cost at all.
Almost all of the classes leading up to the testing program can be completed online. This is a huge selling point for many students. Most of the colleges in the state of Mississippi have some sort of online degree option to choose from. At the end of the day, it is important to choose a college that offers the flexibility that you need in order to completed your degree program. Although a four year degree is not required, there are many college courses that must be passed before qualifying to take the test.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Continuing education is vital in the field of medicine. There are several different ways in which a person can continue to stay educated in the field. For Phlebotomy, there is an annual hourly requirement for continuing education. However, this can easily be accomplished in a couple of days for many people. In addition, there are a certain number of hours that must be worked directly in this field. Anyone that has a part time or full time job will easily meet this requirement. Always be sure that you are up to date on any certification requirements in order to stay in this field.
Salary & Job Prospects
One of the biggest reasons that students are drawn to Phlebotomy is the salary and job prospects. In the state of Mississippi, graduates can expect to earn around $40,000 a year in their first year. Mississippi has a very low cost of living so this can go a long way in having a good lifestyle for new graduates. With the increases in testing for health reasons, many people see this field as one that will continue to grow over the next couple of years in medicine.