Working in the medical field is a dream for many different people. There are various opportunities that this field offers, ranging from a great salary to the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many people. However, it can be difficult to determine which area of medicine a student wants to practice in. One area of medicine that is increasing in demand is Phlebotomy. This is essentially the collection and detailed study of blood in an individual. There are many different reasons that this area is growing. Preventative medicine has come a long way in recent years, and Phlebotomy is a great way to capitalize on this trend. Here are several things to keep in mind about this career tract.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Mississippi
- Pharmacy Technician
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
There are several requirements for qualification in this field. First of all, it is important to have a foundation of college classes before taking the certification test. There are a variety of different degree programs in this area, but a full four year degree is not required in the state of Mississippi. There are various tests that must be passed before a person is eligible to practice in Phlebotomy.
Application Process & Costs
There are many different ways in which a person can take the certification test in this field. First of all, it is important to find a campus that offers the test in Mississippi. Due to the rural nature of the state, there are few places that actually offer a proctored exam. This test cannot be taken online in any way simply because it is too easy to cheat. The good news is that the cost to take all of the exams is under $1,000. For a promising career field like Phlebotomy, this is not a large cost at all.
Almost all of the classes leading up to the testing program can be completed online. This is a huge selling point for many students. Most of the colleges in the state of Mississippi have some sort of online degree option to choose from. At the end of the day, it is important to choose a college that offers the flexibility that you need in order to completed your degree program. Although a four year degree is not required, there are many college courses that must be passed before qualifying to take the test.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Continuing education is vital in the field of medicine. There are several different ways in which a person can continue to stay educated in the field. For Phlebotomy, there is an annual hourly requirement for continuing education. However, this can easily be accomplished in a couple of days for many people. In addition, there are a certain number of hours that must be worked directly in this field. Anyone that has a part time or full time job will easily meet this requirement. Always be sure that you are up to date on any certification requirements in order to stay in this field.
Salary & Job Prospects
One of the biggest reasons that students are drawn to Phlebotomy is the salary and job prospects. In the state of Mississippi, graduates can expect to earn around $40,000 a year in their first year. Mississippi has a very low cost of living so this can go a long way in having a good lifestyle for new graduates. With the increases in testing for health reasons, many people see this field as one that will continue to grow over the next couple of years in medicine.