Working in the medical field is a dream for many different people. There are various opportunities that this field offers, ranging from a great salary to the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many people. However, it can be difficult to determine which area of medicine a student wants to practice in. One area of medicine that is increasing in demand is Phlebotomy. This is essentially the collection and detailed study of blood in an individual. There are many different reasons that this area is growing. Preventative medicine has come a long way in recent years, and Phlebotomy is a great way to capitalize on this trend. Here are several things to keep in mind about this career tract.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Mississippi
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
There are several requirements for qualification in this field. First of all, it is important to have a foundation of college classes before taking the certification test. There are a variety of different degree programs in this area, but a full four year degree is not required in the state of Mississippi. There are various tests that must be passed before a person is eligible to practice in Phlebotomy.
Application Process & Costs
There are many different ways in which a person can take the certification test in this field. First of all, it is important to find a campus that offers the test in Mississippi. Due to the rural nature of the state, there are few places that actually offer a proctored exam. This test cannot be taken online in any way simply because it is too easy to cheat. The good news is that the cost to take all of the exams is under $1,000. For a promising career field like Phlebotomy, this is not a large cost at all.
Almost all of the classes leading up to the testing program can be completed online. This is a huge selling point for many students. Most of the colleges in the state of Mississippi have some sort of online degree option to choose from. At the end of the day, it is important to choose a college that offers the flexibility that you need in order to completed your degree program. Although a four year degree is not required, there are many college courses that must be passed before qualifying to take the test.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Continuing education is vital in the field of medicine. There are several different ways in which a person can continue to stay educated in the field. For Phlebotomy, there is an annual hourly requirement for continuing education. However, this can easily be accomplished in a couple of days for many people. In addition, there are a certain number of hours that must be worked directly in this field. Anyone that has a part time or full time job will easily meet this requirement. Always be sure that you are up to date on any certification requirements in order to stay in this field.
Salary & Job Prospects
One of the biggest reasons that students are drawn to Phlebotomy is the salary and job prospects. In the state of Mississippi, graduates can expect to earn around $40,000 a year in their first year. Mississippi has a very low cost of living so this can go a long way in having a good lifestyle for new graduates. With the increases in testing for health reasons, many people see this field as one that will continue to grow over the next couple of years in medicine.