A career in the medical field has become advantageous for both men and women. One of the fields that have provided a wide opportunity for applicants is the Phlebotomy Technician Program. It not only allows one to provide a necessary service to the medical community but also provides the opportunity to converse comfortably with patients who have health problems.
This training also offers an excellent chance for one to become an essential member of a medical team. A Phlebotomy Technician is one who draws a patient’s blood for laboratory testing, transfusions and so forth. They are an essential link between patients and laboratory results.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Missouri
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
A high school or GED education, at least 18 years of age, current immunizations, drug free testing and a background check are required for entry into the Phlebotomy program. The course runs for 4 to 16 weeks, depending on the school and the type of curriculum presented. This offers an excellent opportunity for older applicants who may have not been able to apply earlier because of personal obligations.
Application Process and Costs
A number of training facilities in Missouri present a Phlebotomy Technician program. Application may be made directly to the school and acceptance depends on scheduled training times. Many require a non-refundable application fee when applying for admission. One school, for example, charges a $25.00 application fee and a $100 non-refundable matriculation fee. Books for this program cost approximately $100.
Training program fees vary from $550.00 to $2,150.00 depending on which school you attend and the length of the course. For example, the college that charges $2,150.00 offers 44 hours of lecture, 120-hour mandated clinical rotation and 20 hours of laboratory skills training. This type of instruction covers all aspects of a Phlebotomy Technician job.
There are several online programs available for Phlebotomy Technician training. Fees vary depending on the institution offering the course. With an online program, actual lab training is still required. Institutions offering this curriculum usually have an agreement with a nearby facility to provide the required laboratory part of the training. This allows the student to receive the practical experience that is necessary to fulfill the requirements for course completion at a convenient location.
It is always a good idea to check and make sure the training program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Some states require a person in this position be licensed and/or registered. Missouri is one of the states that do not require Phlebotomy certification in order to work with patients. However, having certification adds favorably when applying for employment in most medical facilities.
To become certified it is necessary to complete a full training program and provide documentation of laboratory experience. A two-part exam is provided by the National Certification Career Association. This consists of both a skills and a written exam. There are jobs in other states but many require certification, which must be renewed yearly. Being certified offers numerous job opportunities when relocating to one of these states.
Salary & Job Prospects
Job prospects in Missouri are very good. A check of online advertisements will show a variety of positions available throughout the state. The salaries in Missouri run from $25,165 to $37,531 per year depending on location, type of facility and experience. Hospitals, doctors’ offices, clinics and research facilities are common locations that provide this kind employment.
There is no doubt, this part of the medical field is in demand. Many use this training program as an opportunity to have an income while pursuing a more advanced career and higher pay in the health community.
More Phlebotomy Training in Missouri
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|MTTI - WellSpring Center for Natural Health & Wellness||Kansas City||(816) 523-9140||9140 Ward Parkway, Suite 100|
Kansas City, MO 64114