A career in the medical field has become advantageous for both men and women. One of the fields that have provided a wide opportunity for applicants is the Phlebotomy Technician Program. It not only allows one to provide a necessary service to the medical community but also provides the opportunity to converse comfortably with patients who have health problems.
This training also offers an excellent chance for one to become an essential member of a medical team. A Phlebotomy Technician is one who draws a patient’s blood for laboratory testing, transfusions and so forth. They are an essential link between patients and laboratory results.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Missouri
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Administrative Specialist
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
A high school or GED education, at least 18 years of age, current immunizations, drug free testing and a background check are required for entry into the Phlebotomy program. The course runs for 4 to 16 weeks, depending on the school and the type of curriculum presented. This offers an excellent opportunity for older applicants who may have not been able to apply earlier because of personal obligations.
Application Process and Costs
A number of training facilities in Missouri present a Phlebotomy Technician program. Application may be made directly to the school and acceptance depends on scheduled training times. Many require a non-refundable application fee when applying for admission. One school, for example, charges a $25.00 application fee and a $100 non-refundable matriculation fee. Books for this program cost approximately $100.
Training program fees vary from $550.00 to $2,150.00 depending on which school you attend and the length of the course. For example, the college that charges $2,150.00 offers 44 hours of lecture, 120-hour mandated clinical rotation and 20 hours of laboratory skills training. This type of instruction covers all aspects of a Phlebotomy Technician job.
There are several online programs available for Phlebotomy Technician training. Fees vary depending on the institution offering the course. With an online program, actual lab training is still required. Institutions offering this curriculum usually have an agreement with a nearby facility to provide the required laboratory part of the training. This allows the student to receive the practical experience that is necessary to fulfill the requirements for course completion at a convenient location.
It is always a good idea to check and make sure the training program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Some states require a person in this position be licensed and/or registered. Missouri is one of the states that do not require Phlebotomy certification in order to work with patients. However, having certification adds favorably when applying for employment in most medical facilities.
To become certified it is necessary to complete a full training program and provide documentation of laboratory experience. A two-part exam is provided by the National Certification Career Association. This consists of both a skills and a written exam. There are jobs in other states but many require certification, which must be renewed yearly. Being certified offers numerous job opportunities when relocating to one of these states.
Salary & Job Prospects
Job prospects in Missouri are very good. A check of online advertisements will show a variety of positions available throughout the state. The salaries in Missouri run from $25,165 to $37,531 per year depending on location, type of facility and experience. Hospitals, doctors’ offices, clinics and research facilities are common locations that provide this kind employment.
There is no doubt, this part of the medical field is in demand. Many use this training program as an opportunity to have an income while pursuing a more advanced career and higher pay in the health community.
More Phlebotomy Training in Missouri
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|MTTI - WellSpring Center for Natural Health & Wellness||Kansas City||(816) 523-9140||9140 Ward Parkway, Suite 100|
Kansas City, MO 64114