A career in the medical field has become advantageous for both men and women. One of the fields that have provided a wide opportunity for applicants is the Phlebotomy Technician Program. It not only allows one to provide a necessary service to the medical community but also provides the opportunity to converse comfortably with patients who have health problems.
This training also offers an excellent chance for one to become an essential member of a medical team. A Phlebotomy Technician is one who draws a patient’s blood for laboratory testing, transfusions and so forth. They are an essential link between patients and laboratory results.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Missouri
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Complementary and Alternative Health
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
A high school or GED education, at least 18 years of age, current immunizations, drug free testing and a background check are required for entry into the Phlebotomy program. The course runs for 4 to 16 weeks, depending on the school and the type of curriculum presented. This offers an excellent opportunity for older applicants who may have not been able to apply earlier because of personal obligations.
Application Process and Costs
A number of training facilities in Missouri present a Phlebotomy Technician program. Application may be made directly to the school and acceptance depends on scheduled training times. Many require a non-refundable application fee when applying for admission. One school, for example, charges a $25.00 application fee and a $100 non-refundable matriculation fee. Books for this program cost approximately $100.
Training program fees vary from $550.00 to $2,150.00 depending on which school you attend and the length of the course. For example, the college that charges $2,150.00 offers 44 hours of lecture, 120-hour mandated clinical rotation and 20 hours of laboratory skills training. This type of instruction covers all aspects of a Phlebotomy Technician job.
There are several online programs available for Phlebotomy Technician training. Fees vary depending on the institution offering the course. With an online program, actual lab training is still required. Institutions offering this curriculum usually have an agreement with a nearby facility to provide the required laboratory part of the training. This allows the student to receive the practical experience that is necessary to fulfill the requirements for course completion at a convenient location.
It is always a good idea to check and make sure the training program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Some states require a person in this position be licensed and/or registered. Missouri is one of the states that do not require Phlebotomy certification in order to work with patients. However, having certification adds favorably when applying for employment in most medical facilities.
To become certified it is necessary to complete a full training program and provide documentation of laboratory experience. A two-part exam is provided by the National Certification Career Association. This consists of both a skills and a written exam. There are jobs in other states but many require certification, which must be renewed yearly. Being certified offers numerous job opportunities when relocating to one of these states.
Salary & Job Prospects
Job prospects in Missouri are very good. A check of online advertisements will show a variety of positions available throughout the state. The salaries in Missouri run from $25,165 to $37,531 per year depending on location, type of facility and experience. Hospitals, doctors’ offices, clinics and research facilities are common locations that provide this kind employment.
There is no doubt, this part of the medical field is in demand. Many use this training program as an opportunity to have an income while pursuing a more advanced career and higher pay in the health community.
More Phlebotomy Training in Missouri
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|MTTI - WellSpring Center for Natural Health & Wellness||Kansas City||(816) 523-9140||9140 Ward Parkway, Suite 100|
Kansas City, MO 64114