A career in the medical field has become advantageous for both men and women. One of the fields that have provided a wide opportunity for applicants is the Phlebotomy Technician Program. It not only allows one to provide a necessary service to the medical community but also provides the opportunity to converse comfortably with patients who have health problems.
This training also offers an excellent chance for one to become an essential member of a medical team. A Phlebotomy Technician is one who draws a patient’s blood for laboratory testing, transfusions and so forth. They are an essential link between patients and laboratory results.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Missouri
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Adult Gerontology Practitioner Certificate
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
A high school or GED education, at least 18 years of age, current immunizations, drug free testing and a background check are required for entry into the Phlebotomy program. The course runs for 4 to 16 weeks, depending on the school and the type of curriculum presented. This offers an excellent opportunity for older applicants who may have not been able to apply earlier because of personal obligations.
Application Process and Costs
A number of training facilities in Missouri present a Phlebotomy Technician program. Application may be made directly to the school and acceptance depends on scheduled training times. Many require a non-refundable application fee when applying for admission. One school, for example, charges a $25.00 application fee and a $100 non-refundable matriculation fee. Books for this program cost approximately $100.
Training program fees vary from $550.00 to $2,150.00 depending on which school you attend and the length of the course. For example, the college that charges $2,150.00 offers 44 hours of lecture, 120-hour mandated clinical rotation and 20 hours of laboratory skills training. This type of instruction covers all aspects of a Phlebotomy Technician job.
There are several online programs available for Phlebotomy Technician training. Fees vary depending on the institution offering the course. With an online program, actual lab training is still required. Institutions offering this curriculum usually have an agreement with a nearby facility to provide the required laboratory part of the training. This allows the student to receive the practical experience that is necessary to fulfill the requirements for course completion at a convenient location.
It is always a good idea to check and make sure the training program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Some states require a person in this position be licensed and/or registered. Missouri is one of the states that do not require Phlebotomy certification in order to work with patients. However, having certification adds favorably when applying for employment in most medical facilities.
To become certified it is necessary to complete a full training program and provide documentation of laboratory experience. A two-part exam is provided by the National Certification Career Association. This consists of both a skills and a written exam. There are jobs in other states but many require certification, which must be renewed yearly. Being certified offers numerous job opportunities when relocating to one of these states.
Salary & Job Prospects
Job prospects in Missouri are very good. A check of online advertisements will show a variety of positions available throughout the state. The salaries in Missouri run from $25,165 to $37,531 per year depending on location, type of facility and experience. Hospitals, doctors’ offices, clinics and research facilities are common locations that provide this kind employment.
There is no doubt, this part of the medical field is in demand. Many use this training program as an opportunity to have an income while pursuing a more advanced career and higher pay in the health community.
More Phlebotomy Training in Missouri
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|MTTI - WellSpring Center for Natural Health & Wellness||Kansas City||(816) 523-9140||9140 Ward Parkway, Suite 100|
Kansas City, MO 64114