While some prefer to work with microscopes, others prefer to work with blood. Those that work with the latter are called phlebotomists. They lead an interesting life, and the education they get is quite different than any other scientist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Montana
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MS Sport Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
The requirements for all levels of phlebotomy work includes having a high school diploma or GED. All must have at least 20 hours in a classroom before they apply for certification, and all must have done at least 25 supervised skin punctures. This minimum training allows you to apply to be certified as a limited phlebotomy technician.
To go up a level to phlebotomy technician I, you must have 20 more hours each of time in a clinic and a classroom. In the clinic hours, you must have 10 supervised skin punctures and 50 supervised venipunctures. This allows you to apply to be certified.
For a phlebotomy technician II, you must have had at least 1040 hours of experience in the past five years. You must be a certified phlebotomy technician I, and you must do 20 arterial punctures. A written letter must show that you’ve done the punctures before you apply for certification.
Application and Costs
The application and cost depends upon which phlebotomy courses you decide to take. For instance, at the Flathead Valley Community College, the program only takes eight students in at a time. The cost of tuition for this course is $750. There are 40 hours of classroom time and 100 hours of clinical work experience. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings are when the classes are held.
Helena College University of Montana has a phlebotomy program as well. It takes two months to complete, and clases are usually held on Mondays and Wednesdays. However, there are three Saturday classes. This one costs $1599, but that includes textbook costs. Altogether, you will spend 90 hours in training.
The Lifelong Learning Center offers a phlebotomy class as well. This class has a $399 tuition fee, but extra supplies and textbooks will be additional money. 75 hours will be included in this course, and clinical training is in the morning off-campus. On-campus classes are held in the evenings.
Phlebotomy Services offers a training course for phlebotomists. While it’s valid for certification in Montana, it is three days long and two of them are online. The online days must be completed before you can do the in person experience on the third day. The tuition is $899, and a $50 late fee is added if you register less than three weeks before the class begins.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
Your license must be renewed every two years. During the two years between license renewals, you must complete at least six hours of continued education classes and pay a renewal fee.
Maintaining your license includes doing the classes (three hours a year) and making sure your certification is shown promptly where you work – whether that’s in an office or in an ambulance. If you work in an ambulance, wear the identification card in a visible place (IE shirt pocket or in a plastic holder on a lanyard or zip line on the belt).
Salary and Jobs
An entry level phlebotomist can earn $21,000 a year. This is a good salary if you’re planning to go into a different area of medical science but want a good job while you’re in school. More experienced phlebotomists can earn $43,000 or more, depending upon where you live and where you work.
In Montana, you can earn a median of $24,924 a year. Jobs include taking blood samples, running blood drives, and testing blood samples.