Working with blood can be an interesting profession. If you love to work with this crimson colored liquid, becoming a phlebotomist is one of the best things for you.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Nashville
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
There are three types of phlebotomy technicians: the limited technician, technician I, and technician II. To become even a limited technician, you must have a high school diploma or accepted equivalent – usually a GED.
Furthermore, to become a limited phlebotomy technician, you must complete 20 hours of training in the classroom. You will also have to do 25 supervised skin punctures while in clinical training.
To become a phlebotomy technician I, you must complete 40 hours in both clinical and classroom training. During your clinical training, you will do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
As for becoming a phlebotomy technician II, you must be a certified phlebotomy technician I. As a technician I, you must have had at least 1040 hours of experience in clinics. You must also do 20 arterial punctures. After you have done so, you must have a written letter from an approved practitioner.
Applications and Costs
As with any program, the costs will vary from each college and state.
One college that offers phlebotomy courses is the Tennessee College of Applied Technology. These courses can be done within two to three months. Classes are either on Tuesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 to 8:30 in the evening. You will study specimen requirements, venipunctures, capillary punctures, and more. After this course, you can take the national exam, but you will also be certified to work in Tennessee without needing to take the national exam.
Another college that offers a phlebotomy training course is Vanderbilt University Medical Center. There are two programs here. One is for the person who has no experience as a phlebotomist. The second one is for someone looking to have a refresher course. Classes are offered each month, and are usually held from 9 AM to 12 PM. This course offers artificial training devices, and the students do not practice on live patients.
Phlebotomy Services offers an online program for those interested in learning about phlebotomy. This is a $899 course, and a late fee of $50 is added when you register less than three weeks before your class is to begin. However, $50 can be taken off if there are three or more are signing up from the same company.
The course is three days long. The first two are online. These days must be completed before you can attend the third day – which is an in person day that allows you to practice your skills. There are no exceptions to this rule at all.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To maintain your license, you must show your certification in a visible place in your location of work – whether that’s your office or on your person if you work in an ambulance. You must also be documented on competency each year.
If you’re a limited technician or a technician I, you are also reviewed monthly on supervised skin punctures.
To renew your license, you must take six years of continuing education classes every two years and pay your renewal fee.
Salary and Jobs
In Tennessee, the median salary for a phlebotomist is $27,610. An entry level job can earn you $22,294, while a higher paying job can earn you $33,465 a year.
Your job can vary from running blood drives to taking, labeling, and storing specimens for a doctor in his office.