There are many reasons that going in to the medical field is so important for students. Not only do they get to take care of patients for their career, but they also have great job prospects after graduation. One of the most sought after programs in the medical field is Phlebotomy. This is essentially the practice of taking a patient’s blood and analyzing it for any conditions or issues that may be happening inside the body. Anyone that is going to be in the medical field one day should consider this career. Here are several steps that anyone in this field should take in order to have this career in Nebraska.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Nebraska
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Diploma: Dental Assistant
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
A four year college degree is generally not required for this career path. However, there are some certification courses and tests that must be passed before a person can take a patients blood and analyze it. In the state of Nebraska, the requirements are generally about as strict as the rest of the nation. Due to the low cost of living and sparse population, there are many people in the medical field needed in the state. If you are interested in getting the training you need, search for schools that offer this test that you can take after passing some classes in your area. Then you will need to work under the supervision of someone in the medical field for six to twelve months before getting fully certified and accredited.
One of the biggest reasons that many people go in to the medical field is the solid job prospects after graduation. Few industries offer graduates as much guarantee as the medical field does. With all of the technology that is coming out with blood work today, the need for a Phlebotomist is higher than ever. There are many rural areas of Nebraska where a person has to travel for hundreds of miles before seeing someone that is qualified to do blood work in the way they need. Any state that has a low population density like Nebraska is going to have this problem. However, this is really a good thing for students that are graduating with the proper skills in this field. The job prospects in Nebraska are great, and many people think this will continue over the long term.
When looking at how much a student will be making after graduation, it is important to consider cost of living as well. For example, a student living and working in California will make much more than someone living in Nebraska. However, the student living in Nebraska will have the same standard of living as the one living in California. On average, salaries in this field at graduation are around $20 an hour or $40,000 a year. Nebraska has one of the lowest cost of living standards in the United States, and this means the $40,000 a year can go a long way. By completing a program in this field, a student is setting themselves up for a lot of success over the long term. Not only should they land a job quickly, but they will also have a very reasonable salary for just starting off.
This is a great field of medicine to go in to for anyone that loves interacting with patients. One of the most important parts of medicine is preventative blood work. This can easily be accomplished by getting blood drawn and examined by someone in the medical field. If you are a student considering this area, you are setting yourself up for success over the long term.