There are many reasons that going in to the medical field is so important for students. Not only do they get to take care of patients for their career, but they also have great job prospects after graduation. One of the most sought after programs in the medical field is Phlebotomy. This is essentially the practice of taking a patient’s blood and analyzing it for any conditions or issues that may be happening inside the body. Anyone that is going to be in the medical field one day should consider this career. Here are several steps that anyone in this field should take in order to have this career in Nebraska.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Nebraska
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science: Health Science
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- MS Sport Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
A four year college degree is generally not required for this career path. However, there are some certification courses and tests that must be passed before a person can take a patients blood and analyze it. In the state of Nebraska, the requirements are generally about as strict as the rest of the nation. Due to the low cost of living and sparse population, there are many people in the medical field needed in the state. If you are interested in getting the training you need, search for schools that offer this test that you can take after passing some classes in your area. Then you will need to work under the supervision of someone in the medical field for six to twelve months before getting fully certified and accredited.
One of the biggest reasons that many people go in to the medical field is the solid job prospects after graduation. Few industries offer graduates as much guarantee as the medical field does. With all of the technology that is coming out with blood work today, the need for a Phlebotomist is higher than ever. There are many rural areas of Nebraska where a person has to travel for hundreds of miles before seeing someone that is qualified to do blood work in the way they need. Any state that has a low population density like Nebraska is going to have this problem. However, this is really a good thing for students that are graduating with the proper skills in this field. The job prospects in Nebraska are great, and many people think this will continue over the long term.
When looking at how much a student will be making after graduation, it is important to consider cost of living as well. For example, a student living and working in California will make much more than someone living in Nebraska. However, the student living in Nebraska will have the same standard of living as the one living in California. On average, salaries in this field at graduation are around $20 an hour or $40,000 a year. Nebraska has one of the lowest cost of living standards in the United States, and this means the $40,000 a year can go a long way. By completing a program in this field, a student is setting themselves up for a lot of success over the long term. Not only should they land a job quickly, but they will also have a very reasonable salary for just starting off.
This is a great field of medicine to go in to for anyone that loves interacting with patients. One of the most important parts of medicine is preventative blood work. This can easily be accomplished by getting blood drawn and examined by someone in the medical field. If you are a student considering this area, you are setting yourself up for success over the long term.