There are many reasons that going in to the medical field is so important for students. Not only do they get to take care of patients for their career, but they also have great job prospects after graduation. One of the most sought after programs in the medical field is Phlebotomy. This is essentially the practice of taking a patient’s blood and analyzing it for any conditions or issues that may be happening inside the body. Anyone that is going to be in the medical field one day should consider this career. Here are several steps that anyone in this field should take in order to have this career in Nebraska.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Nebraska
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
A four year college degree is generally not required for this career path. However, there are some certification courses and tests that must be passed before a person can take a patients blood and analyze it. In the state of Nebraska, the requirements are generally about as strict as the rest of the nation. Due to the low cost of living and sparse population, there are many people in the medical field needed in the state. If you are interested in getting the training you need, search for schools that offer this test that you can take after passing some classes in your area. Then you will need to work under the supervision of someone in the medical field for six to twelve months before getting fully certified and accredited.
One of the biggest reasons that many people go in to the medical field is the solid job prospects after graduation. Few industries offer graduates as much guarantee as the medical field does. With all of the technology that is coming out with blood work today, the need for a Phlebotomist is higher than ever. There are many rural areas of Nebraska where a person has to travel for hundreds of miles before seeing someone that is qualified to do blood work in the way they need. Any state that has a low population density like Nebraska is going to have this problem. However, this is really a good thing for students that are graduating with the proper skills in this field. The job prospects in Nebraska are great, and many people think this will continue over the long term.
When looking at how much a student will be making after graduation, it is important to consider cost of living as well. For example, a student living and working in California will make much more than someone living in Nebraska. However, the student living in Nebraska will have the same standard of living as the one living in California. On average, salaries in this field at graduation are around $20 an hour or $40,000 a year. Nebraska has one of the lowest cost of living standards in the United States, and this means the $40,000 a year can go a long way. By completing a program in this field, a student is setting themselves up for a lot of success over the long term. Not only should they land a job quickly, but they will also have a very reasonable salary for just starting off.
This is a great field of medicine to go in to for anyone that loves interacting with patients. One of the most important parts of medicine is preventative blood work. This can easily be accomplished by getting blood drawn and examined by someone in the medical field. If you are a student considering this area, you are setting yourself up for success over the long term.