If you are looking for a career or a career change, in New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment, have you considered being a phlebotomist? Phlebotomists draw blood for blood donations, transfusions, research, and blood tests. They work mainly in hospitals, laboratories, doctor’s offices, and blood donor centers.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in New Mexico
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Adult Gerontology Practitioner Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
To be a phlebotomist in New Mexico, you must complete a certificate or a degree program. The course is several hours of classroom training and laboratory experience. The classroom training includes information about legal procedures and implications involved in phlebotomy. The laboratory experience includes venipuncture, drawing blood, collecting samples and specimen analysis. Courses are available that range from six months to two years. After completion of the training program, the students are qualified to take the national level certification exam to become a certified phlebotomist.
As a phlebotomist, you’re also required to have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. It may be necessary to explain the procedure, or ask the patient about their medical history. As one of the first people a patient will meet, your demeanor and attitude need to project empathy and patience. A skilled Phlebotomist interacts comfortably with patients and helps patients feel relaxed.
Phlebotomy technicians must be able to perform a variety of laboratory functions, be proficient using various equipment, and willingly to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
Application Process & Costs
Eastern New Mexico University, in Portales, NM, offers “Phlebotomy Technique Training”. This program is 40 lecture hours and 100 clinical hours. Classes are twice a week, during the evening. It is a 2.5- month program and costs $500. Enrollment requirements:
• High school diploma or GED
• Photo ID
• Social Security card
• Payment for course upon registration
• Proof of immunizations
• Liability insurance
When students complete this program, they are eligible to take the nationally recognized ASCP certification exam.
The University of New Mexico, which is in Albuquerque, offers a “Phlebotomy Certificate Program”. This course is a nine-week program comprised of 60 hours of classroom instruction, 60 hours of lab and 100 hours at a local clinic. This program is divided into three courses that are offered throughout the year. The combined cost of all three courses is $2989.
Phlebotomy training is also at these New Mexico locations:
• Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque
• Dona Ana Community College in Las Cruces
• San Juan College in Farmington
• Santa Fe
Phlebotomy training online offers classroom lecture information such as:
• Safety and Infection Control Guidelines
• Basic Medical Terminology
• Legal situations in Phlebotomy
• Dealing with difficult people
• Laboratory Tests
Completing the program with a passing grade will earn you a certificate of completion. To work as a phlebotomist, you will still need hands-on practice. And it will be up to you to find a clinical site.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Currently, New Mexico like most other states does not require phlebotomists to have continuing education credits to maintain certification; this may change shortly. NHA (National Healthcareer Association) certification is valid for two years along with 6 hours of continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
The job outlook for phlebotomists is very favorable. This career is expected to grow 27 percent by 2022. This growth is a much faster rate than average, for employment growth rates. In New Mexico, the hourly wage for phlebotomists is $14.00-$16.50, which is an approximate annual salary of $27,000- $28,400.
Many cities in New Mexico need phlebotomists including:
• Las Cruces
• Las Vegas
• Silver City
There are many training facilities and job sites for phlebotomists in New Mexico. Why not start your new career here?
More Phlebotomy Training in New Mexico
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Anamarc College - Santa Teresa||Santa Teresa||(575) 589-3158||Santa Teresa, NM||anamarc.edu|