If you are looking for a career or a career change, in New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment, have you considered being a phlebotomist? Phlebotomists draw blood for blood donations, transfusions, research, and blood tests. They work mainly in hospitals, laboratories, doctor’s offices, and blood donor centers.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in New Mexico
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Medical Lab Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant Spanish
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
To be a phlebotomist in New Mexico, you must complete a certificate or a degree program. The course is several hours of classroom training and laboratory experience. The classroom training includes information about legal procedures and implications involved in phlebotomy. The laboratory experience includes venipuncture, drawing blood, collecting samples and specimen analysis. Courses are available that range from six months to two years. After completion of the training program, the students are qualified to take the national level certification exam to become a certified phlebotomist.
As a phlebotomist, you’re also required to have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. It may be necessary to explain the procedure, or ask the patient about their medical history. As one of the first people a patient will meet, your demeanor and attitude need to project empathy and patience. A skilled Phlebotomist interacts comfortably with patients and helps patients feel relaxed.
Phlebotomy technicians must be able to perform a variety of laboratory functions, be proficient using various equipment, and willingly to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
Application Process & Costs
Eastern New Mexico University, in Portales, NM, offers “Phlebotomy Technique Training”. This program is 40 lecture hours and 100 clinical hours. Classes are twice a week, during the evening. It is a 2.5- month program and costs $500. Enrollment requirements:
• High school diploma or GED
• Photo ID
• Social Security card
• Payment for course upon registration
• Proof of immunizations
• Liability insurance
When students complete this program, they are eligible to take the nationally recognized ASCP certification exam.
The University of New Mexico, which is in Albuquerque, offers a “Phlebotomy Certificate Program”. This course is a nine-week program comprised of 60 hours of classroom instruction, 60 hours of lab and 100 hours at a local clinic. This program is divided into three courses that are offered throughout the year. The combined cost of all three courses is $2989.
Phlebotomy training is also at these New Mexico locations:
• Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque
• Dona Ana Community College in Las Cruces
• San Juan College in Farmington
• Santa Fe
Phlebotomy training online offers classroom lecture information such as:
• Safety and Infection Control Guidelines
• Basic Medical Terminology
• Legal situations in Phlebotomy
• Dealing with difficult people
• Laboratory Tests
Completing the program with a passing grade will earn you a certificate of completion. To work as a phlebotomist, you will still need hands-on practice. And it will be up to you to find a clinical site.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Currently, New Mexico like most other states does not require phlebotomists to have continuing education credits to maintain certification; this may change shortly. NHA (National Healthcareer Association) certification is valid for two years along with 6 hours of continuing education.
Salary & Job Prospects
The job outlook for phlebotomists is very favorable. This career is expected to grow 27 percent by 2022. This growth is a much faster rate than average, for employment growth rates. In New Mexico, the hourly wage for phlebotomists is $14.00-$16.50, which is an approximate annual salary of $27,000- $28,400.
Many cities in New Mexico need phlebotomists including:
• Las Cruces
• Las Vegas
• Silver City
There are many training facilities and job sites for phlebotomists in New Mexico. Why not start your new career here?
More Phlebotomy Training in New Mexico
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Anamarc College - Santa Teresa||Santa Teresa||(575) 589-3158||Santa Teresa, NM||anamarc.edu|