The red liquid that flows through our veins is the support for not only us as humans, but for certain people – phlebotomists – it’s the source of their salary.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in New York City
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
Requirements and Eligibility
If you decide to take the test, there are three levels of phlebotomist you can become: limited technician, technician I and technician II. All require a high school diploma or GED.
To be a limited technician, you must have at least 20 hours in the classroom and do 25 supervised skin punctures. To be a technician I, you must do 40 hours each of clinical training and classroom training. For a technician II, you must be a certified technician I, have at least 1040 hours of clinical experience within the past five years, and complete 20 arterial punctures, with a written letter saying you have done so.
Application and Costs
Depending on which course you take in NYC, the costs will change.
If you go to ACE Institute of Technology, for example, you will have to request information about tuition and costs. However, the courses taught here go over infection control, identifying type and structure of blood vessels, safety procedures, patient preparation, methods of drawing the blood, and much more. This course is good for those who are preparing to take the national exam, or those who simply want to be a phlebotomy technician.
Another place to consider is the classes offered by the Manhattan Institute. Here, you have quite a bit of flexibility as the classes are offered in the morning, the evening, and during the weekend. There are several beginning dates through the year, and you can complete the course in as little as four weeks. Topics covered include drawing blood, analyzing data, interviewing, labeling, assembling equipment, and more.
One other place to consider taking lessons in phlebotomy is the Dutchess Community College. You will take 14 credit hours in the first semester, and 13 in the second. This gives you a total of 27 hours in the classroom. You must have current immunizations on file with the school, and must have manual dexterity.
There is one great online program to learn phlebotomy with: Phlebotomy Services. They offer a three day crash course in the subject. The first two days are online, and must be completed before you can do the third, in person day. There are no exceptions to this rule. Locations for the in person day change monthly, and there are only a handful available each month.
In addition, the cost is $899. A $50 late fee is added if you register less than three weeks before the class is scheduled to begin. However, $50 is taken off the fee if three or more people sign up from the same company.
Salary and Jobs
The median salary for a phlebotomist in New York City is $36,703 a year. Entry level jobs average $29,636 a year, and the highest paying jobs average around $44,486 a year. Location, job and employer are main factors in the salaries. Since New York City is an expensive place to be, it has higher salaries than other states – like Idaho.
A phlebotomist is certified to draw blood from patients, run tests on that blood, and run blood drives. Details must be kept in a meticulous manner, and storing them appropriately is also among the job description.