The red liquid that flows through our veins is the support for not only us as humans, but for certain people – phlebotomists – it’s the source of their salary.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in New York City
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Requirements and Eligibility
If you decide to take the test, there are three levels of phlebotomist you can become: limited technician, technician I and technician II. All require a high school diploma or GED.
To be a limited technician, you must have at least 20 hours in the classroom and do 25 supervised skin punctures. To be a technician I, you must do 40 hours each of clinical training and classroom training. For a technician II, you must be a certified technician I, have at least 1040 hours of clinical experience within the past five years, and complete 20 arterial punctures, with a written letter saying you have done so.
Application and Costs
Depending on which course you take in NYC, the costs will change.
If you go to ACE Institute of Technology, for example, you will have to request information about tuition and costs. However, the courses taught here go over infection control, identifying type and structure of blood vessels, safety procedures, patient preparation, methods of drawing the blood, and much more. This course is good for those who are preparing to take the national exam, or those who simply want to be a phlebotomy technician.
Another place to consider is the classes offered by the Manhattan Institute. Here, you have quite a bit of flexibility as the classes are offered in the morning, the evening, and during the weekend. There are several beginning dates through the year, and you can complete the course in as little as four weeks. Topics covered include drawing blood, analyzing data, interviewing, labeling, assembling equipment, and more.
One other place to consider taking lessons in phlebotomy is the Dutchess Community College. You will take 14 credit hours in the first semester, and 13 in the second. This gives you a total of 27 hours in the classroom. You must have current immunizations on file with the school, and must have manual dexterity.
There is one great online program to learn phlebotomy with: Phlebotomy Services. They offer a three day crash course in the subject. The first two days are online, and must be completed before you can do the third, in person day. There are no exceptions to this rule. Locations for the in person day change monthly, and there are only a handful available each month.
In addition, the cost is $899. A $50 late fee is added if you register less than three weeks before the class is scheduled to begin. However, $50 is taken off the fee if three or more people sign up from the same company.
Salary and Jobs
The median salary for a phlebotomist in New York City is $36,703 a year. Entry level jobs average $29,636 a year, and the highest paying jobs average around $44,486 a year. Location, job and employer are main factors in the salaries. Since New York City is an expensive place to be, it has higher salaries than other states – like Idaho.
A phlebotomist is certified to draw blood from patients, run tests on that blood, and run blood drives. Details must be kept in a meticulous manner, and storing them appropriately is also among the job description.