A career in phlebotomy – or the study of blood – can be extremely interesting. Taking blood samples, running tests on the samples, and simply being around patients are all part of the phlebotomist’s job.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Wyoming
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Dental Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
All phlebotomists must have gone through an accredited program. They must also have a high school diploma or the GED equivalent.
There are three types of phlebotomists: a limited technician, technician I, and technician II.
The limited technician must have completed 20 hours of classroom training, and 25 supervised skin punctures.
The technician I must have 40 hours of classroom training, and 40 hours of clinical training. During the clinical time, you must do 10 supervised skin punctures and 50 venipunctures.
The technician II must be a licensed technician I. They must also have done 1040 hours of experience in the past five years, at the least. Twenty arterial punctures must be done under supervision and have a written letter from a licensed practitioner saying that you have done them.
After the requirements are met, you can apply for certification.
Application and Costs
The application processes and costs will change from course to course. For example, Cape Fear Community College offers a phlebotomy program that costs $1,447.50 for students from North Carolina, while out of state tuition costs are $3,751.50. The catch to this one is that only 13 of the applicants will be accepted for each semester. It’s a 16 credit course, and tuition will include books, uniforms, a physical, shoes, a criminal background check and a drug screening. After completing this program, you will be able to take the national certification test to become a certified technician.
For a less expensive program, Care One Health Training Institute offers a phlebotomy course. The tuition for this one is $975. Cost includes books and registration, as well as tuition There are day classes and night classes to work with everyone’s schedule. Once the on-campus portion is completed, you must do clinical hours. The exam will cost an extra $105, which can be set aside over the course time.
Phlebotomy services offer an online course. However, the in person portion of the class is only held in three states a month. The states rotate. Tuition costs are $899 for this class, but in order to complete the in person day three, you must complete the first two days, which are online. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Be weary of this course. It is a phlebotomy class, but it may or may not count as an accredited course depending on when you take it and where.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
No matter what level of phlebotomy technician you decide to be, you must do three things to renew and maintain your license. They are:
display certification or identification card prompiently
complete six continuing education classes every two years
an annual documentation of competency
A renewal fee is also paid every two years in order to renew your license.
Limited technicians and technician Is are given a supervised review of skin punctures monthly.
Salary and Jobs
The average for an entry job in North Carolina is $25,034. The highest paying jobs pay around $37,578. The three biggest factors for these statistics are location, job, and employer. Some employers pay more than others across the board. Some areas require more money in order to pay rent or mortgages. It all depends.
Jobs for a phlebotomist can range from drawing blood for blood drives and doctors to running tests.