A career in phlebotomy – or the study of blood – can be extremely interesting. Taking blood samples, running tests on the samples, and simply being around patients are all part of the phlebotomist’s job.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Wyoming
- Pharmacy Technician
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Dental Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
All phlebotomists must have gone through an accredited program. They must also have a high school diploma or the GED equivalent.
There are three types of phlebotomists: a limited technician, technician I, and technician II.
The limited technician must have completed 20 hours of classroom training, and 25 supervised skin punctures.
The technician I must have 40 hours of classroom training, and 40 hours of clinical training. During the clinical time, you must do 10 supervised skin punctures and 50 venipunctures.
The technician II must be a licensed technician I. They must also have done 1040 hours of experience in the past five years, at the least. Twenty arterial punctures must be done under supervision and have a written letter from a licensed practitioner saying that you have done them.
After the requirements are met, you can apply for certification.
Application and Costs
The application processes and costs will change from course to course. For example, Cape Fear Community College offers a phlebotomy program that costs $1,447.50 for students from North Carolina, while out of state tuition costs are $3,751.50. The catch to this one is that only 13 of the applicants will be accepted for each semester. It’s a 16 credit course, and tuition will include books, uniforms, a physical, shoes, a criminal background check and a drug screening. After completing this program, you will be able to take the national certification test to become a certified technician.
For a less expensive program, Care One Health Training Institute offers a phlebotomy course. The tuition for this one is $975. Cost includes books and registration, as well as tuition There are day classes and night classes to work with everyone’s schedule. Once the on-campus portion is completed, you must do clinical hours. The exam will cost an extra $105, which can be set aside over the course time.
Phlebotomy services offer an online course. However, the in person portion of the class is only held in three states a month. The states rotate. Tuition costs are $899 for this class, but in order to complete the in person day three, you must complete the first two days, which are online. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Be weary of this course. It is a phlebotomy class, but it may or may not count as an accredited course depending on when you take it and where.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
No matter what level of phlebotomy technician you decide to be, you must do three things to renew and maintain your license. They are:
display certification or identification card prompiently
complete six continuing education classes every two years
an annual documentation of competency
A renewal fee is also paid every two years in order to renew your license.
Limited technicians and technician Is are given a supervised review of skin punctures monthly.
Salary and Jobs
The average for an entry job in North Carolina is $25,034. The highest paying jobs pay around $37,578. The three biggest factors for these statistics are location, job, and employer. Some employers pay more than others across the board. Some areas require more money in order to pay rent or mortgages. It all depends.
Jobs for a phlebotomist can range from drawing blood for blood drives and doctors to running tests.