In recent years, the interest of careers in the medical field has soared, and phlebotomist careers are at the top of that list. The popularity surrounding this career choice is due to a variety of reasons, including the great job outlook, as well as the ability to advance into greater specializations. Before you begin working as a phlebotomist, you will need to receive the required education and certification. This all begins with choosing the best Phlebotomy college in Ohio, where you will receive the training and knowledge necessary to begin your career within the medical field.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Ohio
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
In order to enroll in many of the phlebotomy colleges in Ohio, you will need to be at least 18 years of age, and have a valid high school diploma, GED, or an International High School diploma Equivalency.
Application Process & Costs
The cost of tuition will vary from institution to institution. For example, the Ohio School of Phlebotomy has a six week training course that costs $750, which includes tuition, textbooks and materials, as well as the non-refundable registration fee. However, the phlebotomy technician program at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College costs $1,599.
For more convenience, you can choose to take your phlebotomy courses online, instead of attending a traditional brick and mortar educational institution. Online phlebotomy training in Ohio gives you the opportunity to work at your own pace, and it is typically the best option for those students who have full or part-time jobs, as well as families to manage. Most of the phlebotomy colleges in Ohio, such as Brown Mackie College, have an online program that you can enroll in; be sure to inquire when you contact the admission department.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Almost every employer will want to hire a phlebotomist that has received his certification or licensure. After you have successfully completed your Phlebotomy training in Ohio, you will need to take the exams necessary to receive your certification and phlebotomy license. There are several organizations that offer certification examinations once you have taken your required phlebotomy courses and training in Ohio. Those organizations include:
• The American Medical Technologists
• The National Center for Competency Testing
• The American Society for Clinical Pathology
Salary & Job Prospects
The salary for a phlebotomy technician will vary, depending on the location of the job, as well as the employer. According to the Occupational Employment Statistics Handbook, the average salary of a phlebotomist working in Ohio is $38,420 per year.
Due to the fact that blood analysis remains an essential function of hospitals, clinics, and laboratories around the world, the demand for phlebotomy technicians is expected to increase. Within the next few years, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a growth of 27 percent in this career field.
When the time comes for you to start putting your phlebotomy license to good use, you should search for job opportunities in areas that have the best benefits for you. If you plan to work in Ohio after completing your phlebotomy program, these are the top cities for phlebotomy technicians:
Phlebotomists have on many of the roles that were once filled by other medical personnel. With so many specialization options available, in addition to job security and a good salary, you should begin searching for the best phlebotomy training program in Ohio today. With the various phlebotomy schools in Ohio to choose from, you could begin your coursework and training soon. This will bring you one step closer to becoming a licensed phlebotomist!
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Ohio Medical Career Center||Dayton||(937) 567-8880||1133 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd, Suite 110|
Dayton, OH 45417
|Pike County Career Technology Center||Piketon||(740) 289-2282||Piketon, OH||pikectc.org|
|Northcoast Medical Training Academy||Kent||(330) 678-6600||1832 State Route 59 • Kent, Ohio 44240||northcoastmedicalacademy.com|