There is a high demand of professional phlebotomists in Oklahoma State and this trend will continue to increase in years to come. If you want to join the medical profession but you don’t have the required qualification to become a nurse, doctor or physical therapists, you can study to become a phlebotomist. There are several phlebotomy schools in Oklahoma which you can enroll to study phlebotomy.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Oklahoma City
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Fortis Institute has trained hundreds of successful Medical Office Administrators
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Find flexible schedule options and student-focused faculty and staff
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- A military friendly school for our country's service members
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $85 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Technician
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Requirements & Eligibility
Anyone interested in studying Phlebotomy must have attained a high school diploma or GED certificates. This is the quickest way to becoming a phlebotomist and, in fact, the starting point. You don’t need years of studies in a medical school. You only need to be an adult (at least 18 years old). There are several phlebotomy institutions in Oklahoma City, OK that meets your schedules by offering online, night and weekend classes. So don’t worry if you are held in your daily endeavors or job.
Application Process and Costs
The cost of studying phlebotomy in Oklahoma City varies depending on the institution you join. The minimum cost of a phlebotomy education at a university or community college is over $1000 while the maximum is as higher as $10,000. As stated earlier, you must be eighteen years old to study phlebotomy. As you will realize, the application process is simple. If you are submitting your application online, you will be required to submit supporting documents by mail. Some phlebotomy institutions require applicant to submit application forms and supporting documents by mail. Before you submit your application, make sure your preferred phlebotomy school in Oklahoma City is NAACLS accredited.
Oklahoma City, OK has several colleges and universities that teach phlebotomy online. If you decide to go this route, enroll in approved online classes. One of the online programs is a two-semester Phlebotomy Certificate Program that features about 60 hours of online training and 120 hours of job experience. Students who graduate with a Certificate of Completion of the Course of Study in Phlebotomy are qualified to sit for a national board exam. Another popular training program is a one-semester phlebotomy career training course that is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Oklahoma is one of the States in the United States that don’t require employees to obtain phlebotomy licensing. However, many employers prefer employees who have obtained licensing from a recognized organization or agency. One of the organizations that certify phlebotomy graduates is the National Healthcareer Association. There are courses that you can take and upon completion become eligible to take certification tests. Avoid taking a course that will require you to get years of experience to become eligible for certification tests. Other requirements that you might need to sit for a certification test include completing a number of lab hours and externships. If you have already graduated from a phlebotomy institution, contact your preferred agency to see if you are qualified for their exams.
Salary and Job Prospects
According to the United States Bureau of Statistics, the average salary of a non-certified phlebotomist in Oklahoma City is $26,950 per year while that of a certified phlebotomist is $29,177. Based on the shortage of phlebotomist in Oklahoma, job prospects in the phlebotomy field are highly positive. If you have been considering a phlebotomist career, it is time you need to follow this guideline. Enroll in a phlebotomy class today, earn a degree or certificate, get certified and wait to become a successful person in your community.