There is a high demand of professional phlebotomists in Oklahoma State and this trend will continue to increase in years to come. If you want to join the medical profession but you don’t have the required qualification to become a nurse, doctor or physical therapists, you can study to become a phlebotomist. There are several phlebotomy schools in Oklahoma which you can enroll to study phlebotomy.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Oklahoma City
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- MS Sport Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Requirements & Eligibility
Anyone interested in studying Phlebotomy must have attained a high school diploma or GED certificates. This is the quickest way to becoming a phlebotomist and, in fact, the starting point. You don’t need years of studies in a medical school. You only need to be an adult (at least 18 years old). There are several phlebotomy institutions in Oklahoma City, OK that meets your schedules by offering online, night and weekend classes. So don’t worry if you are held in your daily endeavors or job.
Application Process and Costs
The cost of studying phlebotomy in Oklahoma City varies depending on the institution you join. The minimum cost of a phlebotomy education at a university or community college is over $1000 while the maximum is as higher as $10,000. As stated earlier, you must be eighteen years old to study phlebotomy. As you will realize, the application process is simple. If you are submitting your application online, you will be required to submit supporting documents by mail. Some phlebotomy institutions require applicant to submit application forms and supporting documents by mail. Before you submit your application, make sure your preferred phlebotomy school in Oklahoma City is NAACLS accredited.
Oklahoma City, OK has several colleges and universities that teach phlebotomy online. If you decide to go this route, enroll in approved online classes. One of the online programs is a two-semester Phlebotomy Certificate Program that features about 60 hours of online training and 120 hours of job experience. Students who graduate with a Certificate of Completion of the Course of Study in Phlebotomy are qualified to sit for a national board exam. Another popular training program is a one-semester phlebotomy career training course that is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Oklahoma is one of the States in the United States that don’t require employees to obtain phlebotomy licensing. However, many employers prefer employees who have obtained licensing from a recognized organization or agency. One of the organizations that certify phlebotomy graduates is the National Healthcareer Association. There are courses that you can take and upon completion become eligible to take certification tests. Avoid taking a course that will require you to get years of experience to become eligible for certification tests. Other requirements that you might need to sit for a certification test include completing a number of lab hours and externships. If you have already graduated from a phlebotomy institution, contact your preferred agency to see if you are qualified for their exams.
Salary and Job Prospects
According to the United States Bureau of Statistics, the average salary of a non-certified phlebotomist in Oklahoma City is $26,950 per year while that of a certified phlebotomist is $29,177. Based on the shortage of phlebotomist in Oklahoma, job prospects in the phlebotomy field are highly positive. If you have been considering a phlebotomist career, it is time you need to follow this guideline. Enroll in a phlebotomy class today, earn a degree or certificate, get certified and wait to become a successful person in your community.