There is a high demand of professional phlebotomists in Oklahoma State and this trend will continue to increase in years to come. If you want to join the medical profession but you don’t have the required qualification to become a nurse, doctor or physical therapists, you can study to become a phlebotomist. There are several phlebotomy schools in Oklahoma which you can enroll to study phlebotomy.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Oklahoma City
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Requirements & Eligibility
Anyone interested in studying Phlebotomy must have attained a high school diploma or GED certificates. This is the quickest way to becoming a phlebotomist and, in fact, the starting point. You don’t need years of studies in a medical school. You only need to be an adult (at least 18 years old). There are several phlebotomy institutions in Oklahoma City, OK that meets your schedules by offering online, night and weekend classes. So don’t worry if you are held in your daily endeavors or job.
Application Process and Costs
The cost of studying phlebotomy in Oklahoma City varies depending on the institution you join. The minimum cost of a phlebotomy education at a university or community college is over $1000 while the maximum is as higher as $10,000. As stated earlier, you must be eighteen years old to study phlebotomy. As you will realize, the application process is simple. If you are submitting your application online, you will be required to submit supporting documents by mail. Some phlebotomy institutions require applicant to submit application forms and supporting documents by mail. Before you submit your application, make sure your preferred phlebotomy school in Oklahoma City is NAACLS accredited.
Oklahoma City, OK has several colleges and universities that teach phlebotomy online. If you decide to go this route, enroll in approved online classes. One of the online programs is a two-semester Phlebotomy Certificate Program that features about 60 hours of online training and 120 hours of job experience. Students who graduate with a Certificate of Completion of the Course of Study in Phlebotomy are qualified to sit for a national board exam. Another popular training program is a one-semester phlebotomy career training course that is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Oklahoma is one of the States in the United States that don’t require employees to obtain phlebotomy licensing. However, many employers prefer employees who have obtained licensing from a recognized organization or agency. One of the organizations that certify phlebotomy graduates is the National Healthcareer Association. There are courses that you can take and upon completion become eligible to take certification tests. Avoid taking a course that will require you to get years of experience to become eligible for certification tests. Other requirements that you might need to sit for a certification test include completing a number of lab hours and externships. If you have already graduated from a phlebotomy institution, contact your preferred agency to see if you are qualified for their exams.
Salary and Job Prospects
According to the United States Bureau of Statistics, the average salary of a non-certified phlebotomist in Oklahoma City is $26,950 per year while that of a certified phlebotomist is $29,177. Based on the shortage of phlebotomist in Oklahoma, job prospects in the phlebotomy field are highly positive. If you have been considering a phlebotomist career, it is time you need to follow this guideline. Enroll in a phlebotomy class today, earn a degree or certificate, get certified and wait to become a successful person in your community.