There is a high demand of professional phlebotomists in Oklahoma State and this trend will continue to increase in years to come. If you want to join the medical profession but you don’t have the required qualification to become a nurse, doctor or physical therapists, you can study to become a phlebotomist. There are several phlebotomy schools in Oklahoma which you can enroll to study phlebotomy.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Oklahoma City
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Requirements & Eligibility
Anyone interested in studying Phlebotomy must have attained a high school diploma or GED certificates. This is the quickest way to becoming a phlebotomist and, in fact, the starting point. You don’t need years of studies in a medical school. You only need to be an adult (at least 18 years old). There are several phlebotomy institutions in Oklahoma City, OK that meets your schedules by offering online, night and weekend classes. So don’t worry if you are held in your daily endeavors or job.
Application Process and Costs
The cost of studying phlebotomy in Oklahoma City varies depending on the institution you join. The minimum cost of a phlebotomy education at a university or community college is over $1000 while the maximum is as higher as $10,000. As stated earlier, you must be eighteen years old to study phlebotomy. As you will realize, the application process is simple. If you are submitting your application online, you will be required to submit supporting documents by mail. Some phlebotomy institutions require applicant to submit application forms and supporting documents by mail. Before you submit your application, make sure your preferred phlebotomy school in Oklahoma City is NAACLS accredited.
Oklahoma City, OK has several colleges and universities that teach phlebotomy online. If you decide to go this route, enroll in approved online classes. One of the online programs is a two-semester Phlebotomy Certificate Program that features about 60 hours of online training and 120 hours of job experience. Students who graduate with a Certificate of Completion of the Course of Study in Phlebotomy are qualified to sit for a national board exam. Another popular training program is a one-semester phlebotomy career training course that is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Oklahoma is one of the States in the United States that don’t require employees to obtain phlebotomy licensing. However, many employers prefer employees who have obtained licensing from a recognized organization or agency. One of the organizations that certify phlebotomy graduates is the National Healthcareer Association. There are courses that you can take and upon completion become eligible to take certification tests. Avoid taking a course that will require you to get years of experience to become eligible for certification tests. Other requirements that you might need to sit for a certification test include completing a number of lab hours and externships. If you have already graduated from a phlebotomy institution, contact your preferred agency to see if you are qualified for their exams.
Salary and Job Prospects
According to the United States Bureau of Statistics, the average salary of a non-certified phlebotomist in Oklahoma City is $26,950 per year while that of a certified phlebotomist is $29,177. Based on the shortage of phlebotomist in Oklahoma, job prospects in the phlebotomy field are highly positive. If you have been considering a phlebotomist career, it is time you need to follow this guideline. Enroll in a phlebotomy class today, earn a degree or certificate, get certified and wait to become a successful person in your community.