In the ever-shifting working environment of the modern world, very few things are constant. Jobs come and go with the wind, and what may be a high-paying career with thousands of openings one year, may be nearly nonexistent the next. However, there is one field that will never dry up due to its necessary nature, and that is the medical profession. While becoming a registered nurse may take time, and earning an M.D. is a long and arduous journey, there are a few tricks to get your foot in the door. The job of Phlebotomy, or the practice of drawing blood, is such a trick.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Oklahoma
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
In most states in the USA, one must be certified in Phlebotomy to become employed in the profession, but the state of Oklahoma does not require certification, a working understanding of the process is all that is needed. As such, Oklahoma can be one of the best states to seek early employment and training, before transferring to other institutions in other states or countries. That said, having certification and formal instruction is always a good way to stand out from the competition.
Application Process and Costs
There are several institutions across the country that offer Phlebotomy training, but the top institutions in Oklahoma are:
National Healthcareer Association
Oklahoma State University’s Institute of Technology
Rose State College
There are also a variety of Technical Institutes across the state that offer excellent and affordable education. These programs range in scale, and typically cost around $300-$500, though lab fees or other costs may apply. Application to these programs requires no prior educational certifications, and admittance is typically only limited by the number of enrolled students.
While hands-on training is typically the ideal scenario for learning and honing medical skills, computerized programs do exist to cover the basics. There are several different sources for this information, including at least three sites dedicated to Phlebotomy resources for people learning the skills or looking to improve what they know. Online courses can cost as little as $70, but will require an in-person demonstration of phlebotomy skills before certification can be offered.
Maintaining a Phlebotomy certification once it has been earned is as simple as having a qualified doctor or medical instructor report that your phlebotomy skills are adequate at least once a year. If you are working in a hospital, for the Red Cross, or with another service such as a plasma donation center, your employer will be able to provide this documentation. If you are not currently employed in Phlebotomy, resources exist for you to pay a small fee and demonstrate your technique at almost any time.
While Phlebotomy may not yield as high of a salary as being an Emergency Room Surgeon, it is still a well-paying, stable job. The national median pay for Phlebotomists is about $14.00 per hour ($30,000 annually), but it varies by quite a bit depending on specific hours and the region of the nation one works in, and senior team members can make as high as $17.00 hourly wage. Phlebotomists work closely with the various laboratories when in a hospital setting, and are sometimes referred to as “Lab Assistants”. Due to this association, Phlebotomists often receive promotions into other laboratory positions, often garnering a higher wage or salaried position in the process.
Due to the abundance of Phlebotomy courses in Oklahoma, and the openness of the field, anyone wanting to enter the medical profession should consider an Oklahoma-based Phlebotomy course as an alternative to the rigors of medical school.