Every time a physician orders a blood test, a skilled medical technician called a “Phlebotomist” collects the sample. This process sometimes requires placing blood into several different types of containers to enable a variety of tests. A trained Phlebotomist understands the correct “order of draw” and knows how to assess the best vein on a patient to use for this purpose. In fact, the abilities of these professionals in conducting blood draws benefits the daily quality of life for many sick and injured people. An adept Phlebotomist will extract blood with a minimum of hardship for the patient. This work offers a way to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Omaha
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- MS Sport Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Master of Healthcare Administration
Requirements And Eligibility
Many training programs today issue certifications to graduates who pass a class or classes. Since several different organizations issue certificates, during their careers Phlebotomists may need to pass additional exams in order to qualify for a certificate preferred by a particular employer.
Application Process And Costs
Training typically ranges from as little as $1,000 to $4,000 or more for phlebotomy courses that include additional training in other fields. Few institutions issue a degree or degrees in Phlebotomy.
Although developing skill as a Phlebotomist requires experience conducting blood draws from live patients, some programs offer an online training program in this field coupled with an externship where students gain practical expertise. Today, many community colleges provide formal Phlebotomy programs leading to the award of certification. A vocational program also often offers classes in this field. Some schools that supply phlebotomy education in Omaha include:
Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha;
NE Omaha School of Massage & Health Care, 9748 Park Drive, Omaha;
Nebraska Methodist College, 720 N. 87th Street, Omaha.
Picking the right Omaha school or course for Phlebotomy depends upon whether you want to obtain a medical degree, such as an MD or RN or a quick certification in Phlebotomy alone.
Maintaining Certification/License And Renewal
Most states do not issue licenses for phlebotomy. Since blood draws occur so frequently in a medical setting, physicians, veterinarians, registered nurses, and veterinary technicians must know how to draw blood from patients. A license in one of these fields typically implies that ability.
Phlebotomists simply perform this work full time. A few states, including California, Nevada, Louisiana and Washington, require Phlebotomists to maintain a specific certification in order to work. This process requires taking continuing education courses.
Salary And Job Prospects
Nationally, Phlebotomists earn betweeb $10.56 and $21.06 per hour. The average annual salary currently stands at $31,890. Hard workers with experience may find additional part-time positions to provide extra income because Phlebotomy shifts in hospitals and clinics occur around the clock.
Job prospects in this field appear very attractive. The United States Department of Labor projects that the number of phlebotomists should increase by 27% between 2010 and 2020. Part of the demand will occur because more members of the Baby Boom generation will reach their senior years during this period, when many will require medical care.