Every time a physician orders a blood test, a skilled medical technician called a “Phlebotomist” collects the sample. This process sometimes requires placing blood into several different types of containers to enable a variety of tests. A trained Phlebotomist understands the correct “order of draw” and knows how to assess the best vein on a patient to use for this purpose. In fact, the abilities of these professionals in conducting blood draws benefits the daily quality of life for many sick and injured people. An adept Phlebotomist will extract blood with a minimum of hardship for the patient. This work offers a way to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Omaha
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Diploma: Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN to BSN program offers courses in illness and disease management, holistic professional nursing and more
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology, and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Requirements And Eligibility
Many training programs today issue certifications to graduates who pass a class or classes. Since several different organizations issue certificates, during their careers Phlebotomists may need to pass additional exams in order to qualify for a certificate preferred by a particular employer.
Application Process And Costs
Training typically ranges from as little as $1,000 to $4,000 or more for phlebotomy courses that include additional training in other fields. Few institutions issue a degree or degrees in Phlebotomy.
Although developing skill as a Phlebotomist requires experience conducting blood draws from live patients, some programs offer an online training program in this field coupled with an externship where students gain practical expertise. Today, many community colleges provide formal Phlebotomy programs leading to the award of certification. A vocational program also often offers classes in this field. Some schools that supply phlebotomy education in Omaha include:
Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha;
NE Omaha School of Massage & Health Care, 9748 Park Drive, Omaha;
Nebraska Methodist College, 720 N. 87th Street, Omaha.
Picking the right Omaha school or course for Phlebotomy depends upon whether you want to obtain a medical degree, such as an MD or RN or a quick certification in Phlebotomy alone.
Maintaining Certification/License And Renewal
Most states do not issue licenses for phlebotomy. Since blood draws occur so frequently in a medical setting, physicians, veterinarians, registered nurses, and veterinary technicians must know how to draw blood from patients. A license in one of these fields typically implies that ability.
Phlebotomists simply perform this work full time. A few states, including California, Nevada, Louisiana and Washington, require Phlebotomists to maintain a specific certification in order to work. This process requires taking continuing education courses.
Salary And Job Prospects
Nationally, Phlebotomists earn betweeb $10.56 and $21.06 per hour. The average annual salary currently stands at $31,890. Hard workers with experience may find additional part-time positions to provide extra income because Phlebotomy shifts in hospitals and clinics occur around the clock.
Job prospects in this field appear very attractive. The United States Department of Labor projects that the number of phlebotomists should increase by 27% between 2010 and 2020. Part of the demand will occur because more members of the Baby Boom generation will reach their senior years during this period, when many will require medical care.