Every time a physician orders a blood test, a skilled medical technician called a “Phlebotomist” collects the sample. This process sometimes requires placing blood into several different types of containers to enable a variety of tests. A trained Phlebotomist understands the correct “order of draw” and knows how to assess the best vein on a patient to use for this purpose. In fact, the abilities of these professionals in conducting blood draws benefits the daily quality of life for many sick and injured people. An adept Phlebotomist will extract blood with a minimum of hardship for the patient. This work offers a way to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Omaha
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Diploma: Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Requirements And Eligibility
Many training programs today issue certifications to graduates who pass a class or classes. Since several different organizations issue certificates, during their careers Phlebotomists may need to pass additional exams in order to qualify for a certificate preferred by a particular employer.
Application Process And Costs
Training typically ranges from as little as $1,000 to $4,000 or more for phlebotomy courses that include additional training in other fields. Few institutions issue a degree or degrees in Phlebotomy.
Although developing skill as a Phlebotomist requires experience conducting blood draws from live patients, some programs offer an online training program in this field coupled with an externship where students gain practical expertise. Today, many community colleges provide formal Phlebotomy programs leading to the award of certification. A vocational program also often offers classes in this field. Some schools that supply phlebotomy education in Omaha include:
Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha;
NE Omaha School of Massage & Health Care, 9748 Park Drive, Omaha;
Nebraska Methodist College, 720 N. 87th Street, Omaha.
Picking the right Omaha school or course for Phlebotomy depends upon whether you want to obtain a medical degree, such as an MD or RN or a quick certification in Phlebotomy alone.
Maintaining Certification/License And Renewal
Most states do not issue licenses for phlebotomy. Since blood draws occur so frequently in a medical setting, physicians, veterinarians, registered nurses, and veterinary technicians must know how to draw blood from patients. A license in one of these fields typically implies that ability.
Phlebotomists simply perform this work full time. A few states, including California, Nevada, Louisiana and Washington, require Phlebotomists to maintain a specific certification in order to work. This process requires taking continuing education courses.
Salary And Job Prospects
Nationally, Phlebotomists earn betweeb $10.56 and $21.06 per hour. The average annual salary currently stands at $31,890. Hard workers with experience may find additional part-time positions to provide extra income because Phlebotomy shifts in hospitals and clinics occur around the clock.
Job prospects in this field appear very attractive. The United States Department of Labor projects that the number of phlebotomists should increase by 27% between 2010 and 2020. Part of the demand will occur because more members of the Baby Boom generation will reach their senior years during this period, when many will require medical care.