Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is a place that offers visitors lots of colors to see from clear blue skies to beautiful landscape color. Apart from the presence of all this beauty, it also happens to be the home of many people working in the medical and healthcare fields. Some of the people present are doctors; others are nurses, and there is also the presence of phlebotomy technicians. To become a certified phlebotomy technician, one has to undertake Phlebotomy Training in Philadelphia, PA.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Philadelphia
- Start Earning Your Diploma in Specialized Technology From Fortis!
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Veterinary Assistant
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Requirements and Eligibility
For you to pursue this course at a phlebotomy institution, you are required to have at minimum of a GED education or high school diploma. In some cases, schools do make exceptions and admit interested individuals who have either attended a community college, technical institute or have studied at a vocational training center. Phlebotomists practicing their profession in Pennsylvania are not required to have a certificate from the federal government or state. You will, however, find that employers may require the technicians who want to work for them to obtain certification from the various national agencies available.
Application Process and Costs
To enroll in this particular program, you will be required to have completed your high school education and have with your diploma. You could also present your GED. Also, when submitting your application, you are expected to submit your photo ID, application fees, and your social security card. Depending on the institution that you want to attend, you may also need to be fingerprinted, acquire a liability insurance policy and also provide proof that you have been immunized. The average cost of undertaking this degree is around six hundred dollars, and will usually take a period of between 14 and 16 weeks to complete.
Online programs are designed to make it easier for full-time working professionals willing to join this field, to be able to do it at their pace. As such, various centers have come up with classes targeted at this group of people. Even though the instructions and curriculum will vary from one school to another, there are standard units taught in all the colleges. Popular courses include dermal puncture, venipuncture, anatomy, and physiology. A person attending the online training will, however, be required to schedule practical training from the local phlebotomy facilities as the practical skills cannot be provided online.
As mentioned earlier, the state of Pennsylvania does not require practicing phlebotomists to have any certification. It is, however, important for technicians to consider apply for tests offered by national bodies such as the American Society for Clinical Pathology, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, the Phlebotomy Technician (PBT, ASCP) or the National Phlebotomy Institution. You need to apply to sit for these tests for you to be certified. Being certified will be vital as many employers prefer to work with personnel who are members of a national body, and who renew licenses on a regular basis so as to make sure that personnel are keeping up with the changes in the profession.
Salary and Job Prospects
Many people join the healthcare field with the hope of earning a good salary so as they can support their families as well as live a decent life. Statistics shows that phlebotomy technicians make between $30,000 and $40,000 each year. It, therefore, means that a qualified technician can make an average of $14 for each hour worked. Taking the phlebotomy classes and getting your license is, therefore, a great way for you to start making a decent living, practicing a career you already love.