Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is a place that offers visitors lots of colors to see from clear blue skies to beautiful landscape color. Apart from the presence of all this beauty, it also happens to be the home of many people working in the medical and healthcare fields. Some of the people present are doctors; others are nurses, and there is also the presence of phlebotomy technicians. To become a certified phlebotomy technician, one has to undertake Phlebotomy Training in Philadelphia, PA.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Philadelphia
- Start Earning Your Diploma in Specialized Technology From Fortis!
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
For you to pursue this course at a phlebotomy institution, you are required to have at minimum of a GED education or high school diploma. In some cases, schools do make exceptions and admit interested individuals who have either attended a community college, technical institute or have studied at a vocational training center. Phlebotomists practicing their profession in Pennsylvania are not required to have a certificate from the federal government or state. You will, however, find that employers may require the technicians who want to work for them to obtain certification from the various national agencies available.
Application Process and Costs
To enroll in this particular program, you will be required to have completed your high school education and have with your diploma. You could also present your GED. Also, when submitting your application, you are expected to submit your photo ID, application fees, and your social security card. Depending on the institution that you want to attend, you may also need to be fingerprinted, acquire a liability insurance policy and also provide proof that you have been immunized. The average cost of undertaking this degree is around six hundred dollars, and will usually take a period of between 14 and 16 weeks to complete.
Online programs are designed to make it easier for full-time working professionals willing to join this field, to be able to do it at their pace. As such, various centers have come up with classes targeted at this group of people. Even though the instructions and curriculum will vary from one school to another, there are standard units taught in all the colleges. Popular courses include dermal puncture, venipuncture, anatomy, and physiology. A person attending the online training will, however, be required to schedule practical training from the local phlebotomy facilities as the practical skills cannot be provided online.
As mentioned earlier, the state of Pennsylvania does not require practicing phlebotomists to have any certification. It is, however, important for technicians to consider apply for tests offered by national bodies such as the American Society for Clinical Pathology, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, the Phlebotomy Technician (PBT, ASCP) or the National Phlebotomy Institution. You need to apply to sit for these tests for you to be certified. Being certified will be vital as many employers prefer to work with personnel who are members of a national body, and who renew licenses on a regular basis so as to make sure that personnel are keeping up with the changes in the profession.
Salary and Job Prospects
Many people join the healthcare field with the hope of earning a good salary so as they can support their families as well as live a decent life. Statistics shows that phlebotomy technicians make between $30,000 and $40,000 each year. It, therefore, means that a qualified technician can make an average of $14 for each hour worked. Taking the phlebotomy classes and getting your license is, therefore, a great way for you to start making a decent living, practicing a career you already love.