Working with blood is not for the faint of heart. Get that lifeblood flowing and learn to be a phlebotomist if working with blood is what you’re interested in.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Phoenix
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS Sport Management
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
In Phoenix, AZ, the requirements to become a phlebotomist are the same as anywhere else in the country – be it Washington D.C. or Laie, Hawaii. There are three types of phlebotomist technicians, and each requires a different level of education and clinical experience. However, all need a high school education – proven with either a diploma or a GED.
The lowest of these levels is the limited phlebotomy technician. With this certification, you can do skin puncture blood collection, but that’s it. To achieve this certification, you must:
complete 20 hours of classroom training
do 25 supervised skin punctures
apply for certification
One level up is the phlebotomy technician I. To become one, you must complete 40 hours of both classroom training, through an accredited program, and of clinical training. During this training, you must complete 10 supervised skin punctures and 50 supervised venipunctures.
The final level is the phlebotomy technician II. To become one of these, you must be a certified technician I who has had at least 1040 hours of clinical experience within the past five years. Then you complete 20 arterial punctures, and provide a written letter that this has happened.
Application and Costs
How much you’re going to spend depends on where you go for classes.
In Phoenix, you can go to Cactus Wren Training. Their phlebotomy courses cost $1,740 total. The cost includes the cost of the training itself, a uniform, CPR and first aid training, TB testing, and fingerprinting applications. You must complete 40 hours in the classroom in the morning – which cannot be rescheduled to accommodate a different schedule. Then you must complete 100 hours of clinical experience.
Phoenix College is another place you check out. This is about $800 for the course fees, lab fees and the clinical experience. A text book is about $70, and the prerequisite textbooks are $150. Four prerequisite credits must be completed before four and a half credits of phlebotomy can be done. 120 clinical hours must be done after this.
There is one online program – Phlebotomy Services. This course costs $899, and the first two days are online. These must be completed before going to the in-person third day, no exceptions. However, the location of the third day changes monthly.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew your license, everyone must complete six hours of continuing education classes every two years – or three hours a year. You must also be documented annually for your competency and pay a renewal fee when you go to renew your license.
To maintain it, you must do two things: be documented annually, as stated above, and display your certification in a prominent place in your office or your person. If you are a limited phlebotomy technician or a phlebotomy technician I, you must also do monthly supervised skin punctures for review.
Salary and Jobs
The median salary for a phlebotomist in Phoenix, AZ hovers around $30,443. The lowest you can earn is $24,581, while the highest you can earn is $36,898. Location, job, and employer are large parts of how much you earn as a phlebotomist.
A phlebotomist can work as a medical assistant, a blood worker in a lab, or even draw blood for a doctor’s office. It all depends on how much education you have.