If you’ve ever wanted to work with blood, then becoming a phlebotomist is the job for you. They get to work with blood, and get paid for it.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Raleigh
- Pharmacy Technician
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Health Care Management B.S.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Dental Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Requirements and Eligibility
In Raleigh, you must have a high school diploma or GED to begin training. Once that is procured, you can decide whether you want to become a limited phlebotomy technician, a phlebotomy technician I, or a phlebotomy technician II.
To become a limited phlebotomy technician, you must complete at least 20 hours in a classroom, and do 25 skin punctures. These must be supervised, and can be done on a training arm or a patient.
A phlebotomy technician I must do 40 hours each of classroom training and clinical experience. During the clinical hours, you must do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
Once you have become a certified phlebotomy technician I, you can consider becoming a phlebotomy technician II. You must be a certified technician I, and have at least 1040 hours of clinical experience in the past five years. You must also complete 20 arterial punctures and have a written letter from an approved practitioner that says you have done this.
Application and Costs
Depending on where you go to learn, you may have more costs than others.
You can go to the Care One Health Training Institute. Here you will pay $975 for tuition, books and the registration, as well as an additional $105 for the exam. Classes are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9 AM to 2 PM. Evening classes are held on the same days from 5:30 PM to 10 PM. This gives you 160 hours in 10 weeks.
Another place to try is the Carolina Allied Health Training Center. Here you pay $800 for the course and $105 for the national exam. You will cover specialty draws, test tubes, customer service, skin puncture collection and more. There are 12 hours of home study done before the 20 of classroom and hands-on training. These courses are offered each month and last only three days.
One online program is Phlebotomy Services. This service costs $899, and there are two ways that can change. If you register less than three weeks before the classes start, you will incur a $50 late fee. If three or more people register from the same company, $50 is taken off. These three day courses include two online days that must be completed before the in person, third day can be completed. Locations change monthly.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew your license, you must complete six hours of continuing education classes every two years and pay a renewal fee.
Maintaining it is a little more difficult. You must be annually documented on competency and make sure that your certification is displayed in a visible area on your person or in your office.
Limited phlebotomy tecnicians and phlebotomy technician Is must be reviewed monthly on a supervised skin puncture.
Salary and Jobs
In North Carolina, a certified phlebotomist can earn a median of $31,003 a year. Entry jobs can earn $25,034, while the highest paying jobs give a median of $37,578. Locations, jobs, and employers are all pieces of how much you are paid.
As a phlebotomist, your main job is to draw blood. You must label, store, and draw correctly. You can also run blood drives, and must keep incredible records of the patients, when you drew, etc. However, you will also have to use a gentle hand and deal with angry, scared, or emotional patients.