If you’ve ever wanted to work with blood, then becoming a phlebotomist is the job for you. They get to work with blood, and get paid for it.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Raleigh
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
Requirements and Eligibility
In Raleigh, you must have a high school diploma or GED to begin training. Once that is procured, you can decide whether you want to become a limited phlebotomy technician, a phlebotomy technician I, or a phlebotomy technician II.
To become a limited phlebotomy technician, you must complete at least 20 hours in a classroom, and do 25 skin punctures. These must be supervised, and can be done on a training arm or a patient.
A phlebotomy technician I must do 40 hours each of classroom training and clinical experience. During the clinical hours, you must do 10 skin punctures and 50 venipunctures under supervision.
Once you have become a certified phlebotomy technician I, you can consider becoming a phlebotomy technician II. You must be a certified technician I, and have at least 1040 hours of clinical experience in the past five years. You must also complete 20 arterial punctures and have a written letter from an approved practitioner that says you have done this.
Application and Costs
Depending on where you go to learn, you may have more costs than others.
You can go to the Care One Health Training Institute. Here you will pay $975 for tuition, books and the registration, as well as an additional $105 for the exam. Classes are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9 AM to 2 PM. Evening classes are held on the same days from 5:30 PM to 10 PM. This gives you 160 hours in 10 weeks.
Another place to try is the Carolina Allied Health Training Center. Here you pay $800 for the course and $105 for the national exam. You will cover specialty draws, test tubes, customer service, skin puncture collection and more. There are 12 hours of home study done before the 20 of classroom and hands-on training. These courses are offered each month and last only three days.
One online program is Phlebotomy Services. This service costs $899, and there are two ways that can change. If you register less than three weeks before the classes start, you will incur a $50 late fee. If three or more people register from the same company, $50 is taken off. These three day courses include two online days that must be completed before the in person, third day can be completed. Locations change monthly.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew your license, you must complete six hours of continuing education classes every two years and pay a renewal fee.
Maintaining it is a little more difficult. You must be annually documented on competency and make sure that your certification is displayed in a visible area on your person or in your office.
Limited phlebotomy tecnicians and phlebotomy technician Is must be reviewed monthly on a supervised skin puncture.
Salary and Jobs
In North Carolina, a certified phlebotomist can earn a median of $31,003 a year. Entry jobs can earn $25,034, while the highest paying jobs give a median of $37,578. Locations, jobs, and employers are all pieces of how much you are paid.
As a phlebotomist, your main job is to draw blood. You must label, store, and draw correctly. You can also run blood drives, and must keep incredible records of the patients, when you drew, etc. However, you will also have to use a gentle hand and deal with angry, scared, or emotional patients.