A healthcare professional, a phlebotomist has been trained to withdraw blood from a patient in a sanitary and sterile manner. After undergoing phlebotomy training, practitioners can draw blood samples for test or may collect blood donations. It is necessary to have formal education and training, as well as certification, before becoming a phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Seattle
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Requirements & Eligibility
The primary prerequisites needed before taking a phlebotomy program includes a high school diploma or GED and the most recent immunizations. No university degree is required, though the extra classes can help improve understanding the material.
Application Process & Costs
Most Seattle, WA schools have an online application process with varying costs.
Though there is only one college in the heart of Seattle, WA offering phlebotomy classes, the state of Washington is well populated with phlebotomy colleges.
Seattle Community College, North Campus
At Seattle Community College, the medical assisting certificate can be obtained at the student’s own pace in northern Seattle. The course is divided into modules that can be started during any quarter and finished in at least six quarters; the length of time ultimately depends on how much coursework the student can handle each quarter. Students can learn via online courses and open labs that give students the chance to perform a number of MA procedures. In addition to a clinical externship, 70 credits are needed.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assisting Certificate Program, $3,862
Located in Vancouver, Clark College has its own MA program to teach medical assistant students how to perform the clinical and administrative duties needed later on. Over 74 credits, the program can be completed in four quarters. Instruction during the course includes first aid for health professionals, pharmacology for health assistants, AIDS education, human anatomy and physiology basics, medical insurance, medical terminology courses, as well as administrative procedures for the medical office. There is also the option to get an associate’s degree in the same field.
Program and Tuition: Business Technology – Medical Assistant Certifice, $3,650
Columbia Basin College
In Pasco, CBC offers a one-year certificate program. During the course, students learn about theory and gain lab instruction through career development, medical terminology, administrative procedures and pharmacology classes. Rounding out the list is an additional externship aimed to improve the student experience. Before joining this program, applicants must already have completed public speaking, English composition, general psychology and medical terminology classes, as well as seven hours of HIV/AIDS training and first aid care.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assistant Certificate Program, $4,176
Located in Bremerton, Olympic College has a 64-credit medical assisting program designed to teach clinical skills and medical office knowledge to students. Primarily, it is designed to help the student assist a health professional for treating or examining a patient. Students must be able to type 35 wpm or faster as well as successfully place in math, writing and reading exams in order to be accepted. During the course, students will learn about pathophysiology, medical typing, medical terminology, medical coding, medical claims, medical law, as well as anatomy and physiology. There is hands-on training available through a practicum course as well as the option to apply for work experience; this must be done in the quarter before starting the practicum.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assisting Certificate of Specialization, $3,726
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Eligible students can become certified with AAMA, NHA, AMT and NCCT. In addition, there are a number of colleges throughout Washington that are accredited by CAAHEP, allowing certification upon completion.
Salary & Job Prospects
Jobs are projected to go up 27 percent, with the average phlebotomist salary weighing in at $30,670.