A healthcare professional, a phlebotomist has been trained to withdraw blood from a patient in a sanitary and sterile manner. After undergoing phlebotomy training, practitioners can draw blood samples for test or may collect blood donations. It is necessary to have formal education and training, as well as certification, before becoming a phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Seattle
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Fortis Institute has trained hundreds of successful Medical Office Administrators
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Find flexible schedule options and student-focused faculty and staff
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- A military friendly school for our country's service members
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $85 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Technician
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
Requirements & Eligibility
The primary prerequisites needed before taking a phlebotomy program includes a high school diploma or GED and the most recent immunizations. No university degree is required, though the extra classes can help improve understanding the material.
Application Process & Costs
Most Seattle, WA schools have an online application process with varying costs.
Though there is only one college in the heart of Seattle, WA offering phlebotomy classes, the state of Washington is well populated with phlebotomy colleges.
Seattle Community College, North Campus
At Seattle Community College, the medical assisting certificate can be obtained at the student’s own pace in northern Seattle. The course is divided into modules that can be started during any quarter and finished in at least six quarters; the length of time ultimately depends on how much coursework the student can handle each quarter. Students can learn via online courses and open labs that give students the chance to perform a number of MA procedures. In addition to a clinical externship, 70 credits are needed.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assisting Certificate Program, $3,862
Located in Vancouver, Clark College has its own MA program to teach medical assistant students how to perform the clinical and administrative duties needed later on. Over 74 credits, the program can be completed in four quarters. Instruction during the course includes first aid for health professionals, pharmacology for health assistants, AIDS education, human anatomy and physiology basics, medical insurance, medical terminology courses, as well as administrative procedures for the medical office. There is also the option to get an associate’s degree in the same field.
Program and Tuition: Business Technology – Medical Assistant Certifice, $3,650
Columbia Basin College
In Pasco, CBC offers a one-year certificate program. During the course, students learn about theory and gain lab instruction through career development, medical terminology, administrative procedures and pharmacology classes. Rounding out the list is an additional externship aimed to improve the student experience. Before joining this program, applicants must already have completed public speaking, English composition, general psychology and medical terminology classes, as well as seven hours of HIV/AIDS training and first aid care.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assistant Certificate Program, $4,176
Located in Bremerton, Olympic College has a 64-credit medical assisting program designed to teach clinical skills and medical office knowledge to students. Primarily, it is designed to help the student assist a health professional for treating or examining a patient. Students must be able to type 35 wpm or faster as well as successfully place in math, writing and reading exams in order to be accepted. During the course, students will learn about pathophysiology, medical typing, medical terminology, medical coding, medical claims, medical law, as well as anatomy and physiology. There is hands-on training available through a practicum course as well as the option to apply for work experience; this must be done in the quarter before starting the practicum.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assisting Certificate of Specialization, $3,726
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Eligible students can become certified with AAMA, NHA, AMT and NCCT. In addition, there are a number of colleges throughout Washington that are accredited by CAAHEP, allowing certification upon completion.
Salary & Job Prospects
Jobs are projected to go up 27 percent, with the average phlebotomist salary weighing in at $30,670.