A healthcare professional, a phlebotomist has been trained to withdraw blood from a patient in a sanitary and sterile manner. After undergoing phlebotomy training, practitioners can draw blood samples for test or may collect blood donations. It is necessary to have formal education and training, as well as certification, before becoming a phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Seattle
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Sport Management
Requirements & Eligibility
The primary prerequisites needed before taking a phlebotomy program includes a high school diploma or GED and the most recent immunizations. No university degree is required, though the extra classes can help improve understanding the material.
Application Process & Costs
Most Seattle, WA schools have an online application process with varying costs.
Though there is only one college in the heart of Seattle, WA offering phlebotomy classes, the state of Washington is well populated with phlebotomy colleges.
Seattle Community College, North Campus
At Seattle Community College, the medical assisting certificate can be obtained at the student’s own pace in northern Seattle. The course is divided into modules that can be started during any quarter and finished in at least six quarters; the length of time ultimately depends on how much coursework the student can handle each quarter. Students can learn via online courses and open labs that give students the chance to perform a number of MA procedures. In addition to a clinical externship, 70 credits are needed.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assisting Certificate Program, $3,862
Located in Vancouver, Clark College has its own MA program to teach medical assistant students how to perform the clinical and administrative duties needed later on. Over 74 credits, the program can be completed in four quarters. Instruction during the course includes first aid for health professionals, pharmacology for health assistants, AIDS education, human anatomy and physiology basics, medical insurance, medical terminology courses, as well as administrative procedures for the medical office. There is also the option to get an associate’s degree in the same field.
Program and Tuition: Business Technology – Medical Assistant Certifice, $3,650
Columbia Basin College
In Pasco, CBC offers a one-year certificate program. During the course, students learn about theory and gain lab instruction through career development, medical terminology, administrative procedures and pharmacology classes. Rounding out the list is an additional externship aimed to improve the student experience. Before joining this program, applicants must already have completed public speaking, English composition, general psychology and medical terminology classes, as well as seven hours of HIV/AIDS training and first aid care.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assistant Certificate Program, $4,176
Located in Bremerton, Olympic College has a 64-credit medical assisting program designed to teach clinical skills and medical office knowledge to students. Primarily, it is designed to help the student assist a health professional for treating or examining a patient. Students must be able to type 35 wpm or faster as well as successfully place in math, writing and reading exams in order to be accepted. During the course, students will learn about pathophysiology, medical typing, medical terminology, medical coding, medical claims, medical law, as well as anatomy and physiology. There is hands-on training available through a practicum course as well as the option to apply for work experience; this must be done in the quarter before starting the practicum.
Program and Tuition: Medical Assisting Certificate of Specialization, $3,726
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
Eligible students can become certified with AAMA, NHA, AMT and NCCT. In addition, there are a number of colleges throughout Washington that are accredited by CAAHEP, allowing certification upon completion.
Salary & Job Prospects
Jobs are projected to go up 27 percent, with the average phlebotomist salary weighing in at $30,670.