With its beautiful beaches and Southern hospitality, South Carolina is a wonderful place to live and work. With the large number of health care facilities in the state, a career in Phlebotomy is an excellent choice in the medical field today. There are a large variety of schools, including technical and online throughout the Palmetto state offering the training needed to become certified, and in a matter of months, you can be on your way to a new career. The following are some of the things you will need to know before getting started:
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in South Carolina
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing (BS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
Several schools and large medical facilities throughout South Carolina offer training in Phlebotomy. Prospective students can choose from traditional or technical schools as well as online educational training. Requirements and course studies vary from institution to institution, however, applicants will be required to be at least eighteen years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must also complete a physical examination, a criminal background check, pass a drug test, and must have completed a certified CPR training program.
Application Process and Costs
The application process and costs will vary depending on the school and the curriculum being offered. The average semester in South Carolina averages approximately $1000.00 for a full time course. In most cases the fee will include books, materials and laboratory fees. Additional fees will be applicable at the time of certification testing.
There are several online programs offering the courses needed to complete the training but before applying, the prospective student will want to be sure the school is authorized by the South Carolina board for the proper curriculum needed for certification and licensing. The prospective student will also want to check the requirements needed through the online program for the mandatory clinical training. Some additional programs may also be offered online for an extra fee to assist with certification testing.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
After having successfully completed forty hours of education from an accredited school, collected 100 samples of blood, and practiced 120 hours in a laboratory, a student will then be eligible to take an examination and obtain a certification and license for a new career. The license will remain current for two years, after which you will have to renew your license. In some cases, employers will provide on the job training because a license is not a mandatory requirement in the state of South Carolina. However, it is beneficial to acquire a license for a larger variety and higher income opportunity.
Salary and Job Prospects
South Carolina offers a large variety of health care systems throughout the state providing a wide variety of career opportunities for Phlebotomists. Many positions are available throughout the state in medical offices, hospitals and even laboratories. Depending on the size of the city, the average income in South Carolina for a Phlebotomist is $31,000.00.
Take time to research several different types of schools including some of the larger medical facilities for training opportunities and the curriculum they have to offer. Check accreditation and South Carolina authorization for certification and license. Check for any additional conditions or costs when applying. Read reviews to see what other students have to say about the school. Know the requirements and hours needed before applying to save you from any future surprises or expenses. Take time to research scholarships and grants as well. With some time and hard work, you will be working into your new career. Before you know it, you will be enjoying work, and living where the sun always shines and the smiles are always free.