With its beautiful beaches and Southern hospitality, South Carolina is a wonderful place to live and work. With the large number of health care facilities in the state, a career in Phlebotomy is an excellent choice in the medical field today. There are a large variety of schools, including technical and online throughout the Palmetto state offering the training needed to become certified, and in a matter of months, you can be on your way to a new career. The following are some of the things you will need to know before getting started:
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in South Carolina
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- AS Health Science
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- BS - Health Services Management
- AS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Several schools and large medical facilities throughout South Carolina offer training in Phlebotomy. Prospective students can choose from traditional or technical schools as well as online educational training. Requirements and course studies vary from institution to institution, however, applicants will be required to be at least eighteen years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must also complete a physical examination, a criminal background check, pass a drug test, and must have completed a certified CPR training program.
Application Process and Costs
The application process and costs will vary depending on the school and the curriculum being offered. The average semester in South Carolina averages approximately $1000.00 for a full time course. In most cases the fee will include books, materials and laboratory fees. Additional fees will be applicable at the time of certification testing.
There are several online programs offering the courses needed to complete the training but before applying, the prospective student will want to be sure the school is authorized by the South Carolina board for the proper curriculum needed for certification and licensing. The prospective student will also want to check the requirements needed through the online program for the mandatory clinical training. Some additional programs may also be offered online for an extra fee to assist with certification testing.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
After having successfully completed forty hours of education from an accredited school, collected 100 samples of blood, and practiced 120 hours in a laboratory, a student will then be eligible to take an examination and obtain a certification and license for a new career. The license will remain current for two years, after which you will have to renew your license. In some cases, employers will provide on the job training because a license is not a mandatory requirement in the state of South Carolina. However, it is beneficial to acquire a license for a larger variety and higher income opportunity.
Salary and Job Prospects
South Carolina offers a large variety of health care systems throughout the state providing a wide variety of career opportunities for Phlebotomists. Many positions are available throughout the state in medical offices, hospitals and even laboratories. Depending on the size of the city, the average income in South Carolina for a Phlebotomist is $31,000.00.
Take time to research several different types of schools including some of the larger medical facilities for training opportunities and the curriculum they have to offer. Check accreditation and South Carolina authorization for certification and license. Check for any additional conditions or costs when applying. Read reviews to see what other students have to say about the school. Know the requirements and hours needed before applying to save you from any future surprises or expenses. Take time to research scholarships and grants as well. With some time and hard work, you will be working into your new career. Before you know it, you will be enjoying work, and living where the sun always shines and the smiles are always free.