With its beautiful beaches and Southern hospitality, South Carolina is a wonderful place to live and work. With the large number of health care facilities in the state, a career in Phlebotomy is an excellent choice in the medical field today. There are a large variety of schools, including technical and online throughout the Palmetto state offering the training needed to become certified, and in a matter of months, you can be on your way to a new career. The following are some of the things you will need to know before getting started:
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in South Carolina
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Public Health (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technology
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Pharmacy Technician - Certification Preparation
- Veterinary Assistant
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
Several schools and large medical facilities throughout South Carolina offer training in Phlebotomy. Prospective students can choose from traditional or technical schools as well as online educational training. Requirements and course studies vary from institution to institution, however, applicants will be required to be at least eighteen years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must also complete a physical examination, a criminal background check, pass a drug test, and must have completed a certified CPR training program.
Application Process and Costs
The application process and costs will vary depending on the school and the curriculum being offered. The average semester in South Carolina averages approximately $1000.00 for a full time course. In most cases the fee will include books, materials and laboratory fees. Additional fees will be applicable at the time of certification testing.
There are several online programs offering the courses needed to complete the training but before applying, the prospective student will want to be sure the school is authorized by the South Carolina board for the proper curriculum needed for certification and licensing. The prospective student will also want to check the requirements needed through the online program for the mandatory clinical training. Some additional programs may also be offered online for an extra fee to assist with certification testing.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
After having successfully completed forty hours of education from an accredited school, collected 100 samples of blood, and practiced 120 hours in a laboratory, a student will then be eligible to take an examination and obtain a certification and license for a new career. The license will remain current for two years, after which you will have to renew your license. In some cases, employers will provide on the job training because a license is not a mandatory requirement in the state of South Carolina. However, it is beneficial to acquire a license for a larger variety and higher income opportunity.
Salary and Job Prospects
South Carolina offers a large variety of health care systems throughout the state providing a wide variety of career opportunities for Phlebotomists. Many positions are available throughout the state in medical offices, hospitals and even laboratories. Depending on the size of the city, the average income in South Carolina for a Phlebotomist is $31,000.00.
Take time to research several different types of schools including some of the larger medical facilities for training opportunities and the curriculum they have to offer. Check accreditation and South Carolina authorization for certification and license. Check for any additional conditions or costs when applying. Read reviews to see what other students have to say about the school. Know the requirements and hours needed before applying to save you from any future surprises or expenses. Take time to research scholarships and grants as well. With some time and hard work, you will be working into your new career. Before you know it, you will be enjoying work, and living where the sun always shines and the smiles are always free.