If you are looking for a great career within the healthcare industry that provides you advancement opportunities and steady work, becoming a phlebotomy technician could be the perfect choice for you. In order to start on this exciting career path, you will need to obtain the knowledge and experience necessary to flourish within this industry. The first step on this journey is to choose an exceptional South Dakota Phlebotomy training program. You will have various South Dakota phlebotomy colleges to choose from that offer the best certification programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in South Dakota
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Health and Wellness
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
Each university or college has its own standards and eligibility requirements for students. Some of the basic eligibility requirements for South Dakota phlebotomy degree or certification programs include:
• Be at least 18 years of age (a valid driver’s license or identification card will be required)
• Have a valid high school diploma or GED (Documentation will be required; if not provided by the second session of enrollment, your course will be dropped and your enrollment will be canceled)
• Non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, or other English proficiency assessments)
• Proof of immunizations
• A valid CPR certification (varies)
• Criminal background testing (varies)
• Drug testing (varies)
Application Process & Costs
The application process and tuition costs will vary from institute-to-institute. For example, if you are attending an online course at the University of South Dakota, you will need to fill out an application for admission that is accompanied by a $20 non-fundable application fee, as well as your statement of purpose. The cost of the associate degree program is $325.50 per credit hour. If you choose the online health sciences degree at Colorado Technical College, you will need to complete 93.5 credit hours, at $325 per credit hour. You will also be required to pay a $125 technology fee, as well as a $150 graduation fee.
If you prefer to take your phlebotomy classes online, instead of attending the various brick and mortar institutions, this is definitely an option. The top online programs in South Dakota are:
• Colorado Technical University
• Lake Area Technical Institute
• The University of South Dakota
• National American University
• Kaplan University
• Allied Health Institute
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
You could receive your phlebotomy training in South Dakota in as little as six weeks, or you could choose to earn an associate degree in 20 months. Even though South Dakota does not have stipulations on certification and licensure, most employers will only hire a technician that has certification, which can only be earned once you have received training and experience in the phlebotomy career field. Most South Dakota training programs offer phlebotomy certification as a part of your course.
Salary & Job Prospects
The median annual salary for a phlebotomist technician in South Dakota is $31,481. The demand for phlebotomists within this state is high, and it is expected to grow by 18 percent over the next few years. When you begin your job search, you will want to choose a city that offers you the best salary, benefits, and working environment. If you want to start your phlebotomy career in South Dakota, these are the top cities within the state to choose from:
• Rapid City
• Sioux Falls
There are many benefits available to students who successfully complete a phlebotomy technician course at one of the many South Dakota schools. Be sure to conduct thorough research for each school pertaining to the phlebotomy degrees and certification programs offered, so that you can make a choice that suits you the best!