If you are looking for a great career within the healthcare industry that provides you advancement opportunities and steady work, becoming a phlebotomy technician could be the perfect choice for you. In order to start on this exciting career path, you will need to obtain the knowledge and experience necessary to flourish within this industry. The first step on this journey is to choose an exceptional South Dakota Phlebotomy training program. You will have various South Dakota phlebotomy colleges to choose from that offer the best certification programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in South Dakota
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Fitness & Nutrition
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Each university or college has its own standards and eligibility requirements for students. Some of the basic eligibility requirements for South Dakota phlebotomy degree or certification programs include:
• Be at least 18 years of age (a valid driver’s license or identification card will be required)
• Have a valid high school diploma or GED (Documentation will be required; if not provided by the second session of enrollment, your course will be dropped and your enrollment will be canceled)
• Non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, or other English proficiency assessments)
• Proof of immunizations
• A valid CPR certification (varies)
• Criminal background testing (varies)
• Drug testing (varies)
Application Process & Costs
The application process and tuition costs will vary from institute-to-institute. For example, if you are attending an online course at the University of South Dakota, you will need to fill out an application for admission that is accompanied by a $20 non-fundable application fee, as well as your statement of purpose. The cost of the associate degree program is $325.50 per credit hour. If you choose the online health sciences degree at Colorado Technical College, you will need to complete 93.5 credit hours, at $325 per credit hour. You will also be required to pay a $125 technology fee, as well as a $150 graduation fee.
If you prefer to take your phlebotomy classes online, instead of attending the various brick and mortar institutions, this is definitely an option. The top online programs in South Dakota are:
• Colorado Technical University
• Lake Area Technical Institute
• The University of South Dakota
• National American University
• Kaplan University
• Allied Health Institute
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
You could receive your phlebotomy training in South Dakota in as little as six weeks, or you could choose to earn an associate degree in 20 months. Even though South Dakota does not have stipulations on certification and licensure, most employers will only hire a technician that has certification, which can only be earned once you have received training and experience in the phlebotomy career field. Most South Dakota training programs offer phlebotomy certification as a part of your course.
Salary & Job Prospects
The median annual salary for a phlebotomist technician in South Dakota is $31,481. The demand for phlebotomists within this state is high, and it is expected to grow by 18 percent over the next few years. When you begin your job search, you will want to choose a city that offers you the best salary, benefits, and working environment. If you want to start your phlebotomy career in South Dakota, these are the top cities within the state to choose from:
• Rapid City
• Sioux Falls
There are many benefits available to students who successfully complete a phlebotomy technician course at one of the many South Dakota schools. Be sure to conduct thorough research for each school pertaining to the phlebotomy degrees and certification programs offered, so that you can make a choice that suits you the best!