If you are looking for a great career within the healthcare industry that provides you advancement opportunities and steady work, becoming a phlebotomy technician could be the perfect choice for you. In order to start on this exciting career path, you will need to obtain the knowledge and experience necessary to flourish within this industry. The first step on this journey is to choose an exceptional South Dakota Phlebotomy training program. You will have various South Dakota phlebotomy colleges to choose from that offer the best certification programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in South Dakota
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
Each university or college has its own standards and eligibility requirements for students. Some of the basic eligibility requirements for South Dakota phlebotomy degree or certification programs include:
• Be at least 18 years of age (a valid driver’s license or identification card will be required)
• Have a valid high school diploma or GED (Documentation will be required; if not provided by the second session of enrollment, your course will be dropped and your enrollment will be canceled)
• Non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, or other English proficiency assessments)
• Proof of immunizations
• A valid CPR certification (varies)
• Criminal background testing (varies)
• Drug testing (varies)
Application Process & Costs
The application process and tuition costs will vary from institute-to-institute. For example, if you are attending an online course at the University of South Dakota, you will need to fill out an application for admission that is accompanied by a $20 non-fundable application fee, as well as your statement of purpose. The cost of the associate degree program is $325.50 per credit hour. If you choose the online health sciences degree at Colorado Technical College, you will need to complete 93.5 credit hours, at $325 per credit hour. You will also be required to pay a $125 technology fee, as well as a $150 graduation fee.
If you prefer to take your phlebotomy classes online, instead of attending the various brick and mortar institutions, this is definitely an option. The top online programs in South Dakota are:
• Colorado Technical University
• Lake Area Technical Institute
• The University of South Dakota
• National American University
• Kaplan University
• Allied Health Institute
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
You could receive your phlebotomy training in South Dakota in as little as six weeks, or you could choose to earn an associate degree in 20 months. Even though South Dakota does not have stipulations on certification and licensure, most employers will only hire a technician that has certification, which can only be earned once you have received training and experience in the phlebotomy career field. Most South Dakota training programs offer phlebotomy certification as a part of your course.
Salary & Job Prospects
The median annual salary for a phlebotomist technician in South Dakota is $31,481. The demand for phlebotomists within this state is high, and it is expected to grow by 18 percent over the next few years. When you begin your job search, you will want to choose a city that offers you the best salary, benefits, and working environment. If you want to start your phlebotomy career in South Dakota, these are the top cities within the state to choose from:
• Rapid City
• Sioux Falls
There are many benefits available to students who successfully complete a phlebotomy technician course at one of the many South Dakota schools. Be sure to conduct thorough research for each school pertaining to the phlebotomy degrees and certification programs offered, so that you can make a choice that suits you the best!