There are many areas of the medical field that eager students are wanting to get in to. Many times, these include things like becoming a nurse or a doctor. However, these are types of medical professions that treat people after major events take place. There is a new movement in medicine today that works on preventing illnesses before they occur. One of the best ways to get in this field is through Phlebotomy training. There are many people that are wanting to get into this area of medicine because of the career and salary prospects. In the state of Tennessee, there are thousands of jobs every year in this area. Here are several ways in which a person can get certified in this field through various degree programs.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Tennessee
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Office Management - Associate of Applied Science
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Pharmacy Technician
- AS Pharmacy Technician
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- DIP - Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
There are various stages of getting certified in this area of work. One of the bare minimum requirements is to have a high school diploma and some college. These college credits can count toward your certification program that you take. Although it does not require a four year degree to qualify for a job, it is something that can make you stand out from the competition. There are many people who are graduating with four year degrees in Tennessee and then working to get certified in this field. Anyone that wants to be eligible must complete the required classes before taking the tests.
Application Process & Costs
The application process is really not that in depth for many schools. The good news is that there are a variety of online applications that can be filled out both quickly and easily as long as you have all of your information. The cost to take the certification tests are around $1,000. However, there are several college courses that are prerequisites to taking the tests. Anyone that is wanting to get in to this career field needs to make sure they understand the education requirements on the front end.
There are many different online programs that are offered in the state of Tennessee. Most of the course work can be taken in an online format. For the final test, you will have to go to an in person testing site to prevent cheating. However, almost the entire program before this point can be taken online. This is a huge advantage for anyone that has a busy schedule where they have to work or go to school. In addition, it is also easier for many people to study and concentrate in this environment.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are several steps required to maintain a certification in this field for the state of Tennessee. One of the biggest is a certain number of work hours over a five year period. This basically says that a person must work a certain amount of hours to stay fluent in the field. Anyone that is working a part or full time job will have plenty of hours to keep their license. Continuing education is always a good idea in the medical field, but it is not necessarily a requirement in this area.
Salary & Job Prospects
Perhaps the biggest reason that students go in to this field is the fact that the salary and job prospects are high in Tennessee. On average, students will make around $42,000 a year once they complete all the requirements. Tennessee has a low cost of living, so a young student could live very comfortably on this salary. Phlebotomy is a great career field for anyone looking to make an impact in the world.