Working with the lifeblood of the human race can mean many things, depending on your tastes. If you’re thinking about entering into a medical profession, phlebotomy may be right up your alley.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Texas
- Offers several program options in healthcare and wellness, skilled trades, and business.
- Provides career assistance services including resume and cover letter writing, interview prep, and professional partnerships with regional employers for employment opportunities.
- Classes start every month.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) for the San Antonio branch.
- 5 campuses in Brownsville, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Weslaco.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Medical Lab Technician
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Histotechnology (AAS)
There is no need to receive the national exam that allows you to get the license in the area of phlebotomy, but it is a really good idea. A certificate or license will also allow you to earn more right off the bat, and your uncertified competition may end up losing out to you in the end if you have this. It’s very difficult to get work in this field without it, so it’s worth investing in.
In Texas, phlebotomy classes include:
handling, transporting, processing of specimen and procedures
safety and regulatory applications
knowledge of the circulatory system (IE how the heart pumps the blood around the body)
Often the classes include a classroom portion where the knowledge is learned. Afterwards, a clinical externship or internship is needed.
Application Process and Costs
As with any kind of course, the costs and process of application is different from program to program or school to school.
For example, at the Lone Star College, the phlebotomy course is $1,424 in tuition with a $17 insurance fee. There are 96 hours in the classroom involved in this course. There are 100 hours of clinical experience as well, totaling 196 hours in this course for the degree. It’s a no credit class, and some people may be eligible to take it for free.
The Houston Community College also offers a phlebotomy class. There are a few more hours to this class: 96 in the classroom, 120 in a clinic for hands on experience, and 8 for review for the national exam. For this program, there’s a list of vaccines that must be taken, a high school diploma or GED must be in hand, and a criminal background check must be passed. Prior college enrollment or TSI assessment are also needed.
Texas Southern University is another place to go through phlebotomy training. Applicants must have CPR certification, a hepatitis B vaccination, and have a drug and background check when applying. This program has 96 class room hours and 160 clinical hours for the hands on experience that is gained.
Phlebotomy Services offers a two day long hands on course for $899. One of these days is online. Registering late (IE less than three weeks before the class begins) will add $50 to the fee as a late fee. If three or more people register from the same company or group, they will take $50 off the fee. There are three locations a month and they change each month. However, this service doesn’t work for people looking to work in a hospital in California or Louisiana.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
A license will be valid for two years after it has been issued. Allowing it to lapse or expire may cause you to lose your job. However, if you want to go into ultrasound tech, nursing, or become a medical assistant, having a phlebotomy license will be great as it offers a great job that pays well while you’re still in school to become certified for the career you want. Staying on top of the license renewal date is crucial to making sure you can keep doing it.
Salary and Job Postings
In Texas, a phlebotomist earns $31,000. However, more experience, better jobs, and where you work can make this number go up or down. You can work in hospitals or clinics and run blood drives with this license.