If you have a passion for working with blood, becoming a phlebotomist is the job for you.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Tucson
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Requirements and Eligibility
If you want to be a limited technician, you must complete 20 hours of classroom training and 25 skin punctures under supervision. To become a phlebotomy technician I, you must complete 40 hours in a classroom and the same in a clinical externship, during which you’ll do 10 supervised skin punctures and 50 supervised venipunctures.
To become a phlebotomy technician II, you must be a certified technician I. You must also have had five years with at least 1040 hours of clinic experience and a written letter stating you have completed 20 arterial punctures.
Application and Costs
The cost you will pay for your program depends on which one you enter.
The Pima Community College, for example, offers a phlebotomy course. You take the Accuplacer exam and depending on your score, you could be accepted. The passing scores are on the school’s website. Once accepted, weekday programs are available as are evening and weekend classes.
The Pima Medical Institute also offers phlebotomy training. You learn to process and collect specimen, how to do first aid and CPR, and more. This is a great program to educate yourself to have a job while you’re training for a more labor-intensive job.
Phlebotomy Services offers an online program for those who want to get their feet wet or who cannot do a full class. The tuition is $899, which is equivalent to some programs and less expensive than others. A $50 late fee is added when you register less than three weeks before your course is to begin.
This course consists of three days. The first two days are completed online. The third day is held at an in person location, which changes from month to month. Generally, they are held in three different states at a time, and in one particular city. The states change from month to month as well.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew your license you must pay a renewal fee. In addition, you must have completed three hours of continuing education classes each year. Since you renew your license every two years, this comes to six hours before you renew your license.
To maintain your license, you must complete three hours of classes each year. In addition, you must be reviewed annually for competency. Your certification must be easily visible where you work. If you work in an ambulance, you can show your identification card on your person in an easily visible place.
You must also be reviewed monthly for a supervised skin puncture. However, this only applies to limited phlebotomy technicians and phlebotomy technician Is. Phlebotomy technician IIs are not reviewed for skin punctures.
Salary and Jobs
In Arizona, the average salary for a phlebotomist is $30,443 a year. Entry level jobs average $24,581 a year. The highest paying jobs in Arizona can average $36,898 a year. Location, job, and employer all make large contributions to how much is in your salary each year.
Your job will mostly consist of drawing, labeling, and correctly storing blood specimens for a doctor or hospital. You may also run blood drives, in which case you will be asked to keep extensive records of patient histories.
Either way, you should have neat handwriting since your work will be used by others to make everything work correctly.