If you have a passion for working with blood, becoming a phlebotomist is the job for you.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Tucson
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Massage Therapy Program
Requirements and Eligibility
If you want to be a limited technician, you must complete 20 hours of classroom training and 25 skin punctures under supervision. To become a phlebotomy technician I, you must complete 40 hours in a classroom and the same in a clinical externship, during which you’ll do 10 supervised skin punctures and 50 supervised venipunctures.
To become a phlebotomy technician II, you must be a certified technician I. You must also have had five years with at least 1040 hours of clinic experience and a written letter stating you have completed 20 arterial punctures.
Application and Costs
The cost you will pay for your program depends on which one you enter.
The Pima Community College, for example, offers a phlebotomy course. You take the Accuplacer exam and depending on your score, you could be accepted. The passing scores are on the school’s website. Once accepted, weekday programs are available as are evening and weekend classes.
The Pima Medical Institute also offers phlebotomy training. You learn to process and collect specimen, how to do first aid and CPR, and more. This is a great program to educate yourself to have a job while you’re training for a more labor-intensive job.
Phlebotomy Services offers an online program for those who want to get their feet wet or who cannot do a full class. The tuition is $899, which is equivalent to some programs and less expensive than others. A $50 late fee is added when you register less than three weeks before your course is to begin.
This course consists of three days. The first two days are completed online. The third day is held at an in person location, which changes from month to month. Generally, they are held in three different states at a time, and in one particular city. The states change from month to month as well.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
To renew your license you must pay a renewal fee. In addition, you must have completed three hours of continuing education classes each year. Since you renew your license every two years, this comes to six hours before you renew your license.
To maintain your license, you must complete three hours of classes each year. In addition, you must be reviewed annually for competency. Your certification must be easily visible where you work. If you work in an ambulance, you can show your identification card on your person in an easily visible place.
You must also be reviewed monthly for a supervised skin puncture. However, this only applies to limited phlebotomy technicians and phlebotomy technician Is. Phlebotomy technician IIs are not reviewed for skin punctures.
Salary and Jobs
In Arizona, the average salary for a phlebotomist is $30,443 a year. Entry level jobs average $24,581 a year. The highest paying jobs in Arizona can average $36,898 a year. Location, job, and employer all make large contributions to how much is in your salary each year.
Your job will mostly consist of drawing, labeling, and correctly storing blood specimens for a doctor or hospital. You may also run blood drives, in which case you will be asked to keep extensive records of patient histories.
Either way, you should have neat handwriting since your work will be used by others to make everything work correctly.