The medical field is one of the fastest growing, and the demand for skilled phlebotomists and other medical professionals has never been greater. With a high level of job security, high salaries and excellent benefits, phlebotomy careers appeal to a wide range of career seekers. Many of these jobs offer flexible scheduling that will allow you to plan your work around your life. There are great phlebotomy training programs in Tulsa that will help you on your way to a secure and in-demand career.
While phlebotomists may work in a variety of clinical settings, their primary task is to draw blood for use in diagnostic testing. Phlebotomists may work in hospitals, in testing centers and in relief organizations like the American Red Cross. Phlebotomists prepare vials for the blood draw, find veins and perform the actual blood draw. They also label vials, store blood and send them to the correct clinics for analysis. In addition, phlebotomists are required to understand insurance and other medical terminology in order to ensure that all samples are routed to the right place and claims are submitted for payment.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Tulsa
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN to BSN program offers courses in illness and disease management, holistic professional nursing and more
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology, and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Requirements and Eligibility
The basic requirements for a career in this field are a high school diploma or its equivalent from an accredited program or school. A certificate or degree in phlebotomy is also required and technicians are required to undergo regular re-certification. People currently working in the medical field who want to break into phlebotomy may be able to take fewer courses and substitute work experience for some coursework. Phlebotomy programs are offered at community colleges, specialty training centers and at vocational schools. Most programs require approximately one year of study for completion.
While each employer has its own requirements, there are some that are universal to the profession. You will be working with confidential patient information and sensitive data, so you will be required to pass a background check as a condition of hire. You will also be required to submit proof of immunization and be tested for communicable diseases like tuberculosis. Some companies may also require you to be fingerprinted before starting work.
Application Process and Costs
Breaking into a career in phlebotomy is a simple and staightforward process. In most cases, you will fill out an application for acceptance in the program of your choice. If you are applying for programs at local community colleges, the first requirement is acceptance in the college of your choice.
Costs of training in these programs vary, but the majority of these courses of study can be completed for less than $1,200. The average tuition rates for phlebotomy training programs is about $1,000. Many of these programs offer grants, scholarships and financial aid that will defray the cost of the tuition.
As part of the program, you may be required to complete a clinical component that includes on the job training.
Phlebotomists are expected to complete ongoing education courses to maintain their certification.
There are some courses, such as anatomy, physiology and medical terminology that may be completed online. For the most part, however, your training will take place in class. Because of the hands on nature of phlebotomy, the majority of your training will include practicing blood draws on test subjects.
Salary and Job Prospects
The Bureau of Labor Statistics lists the median wage for phlebotomists as $29,730. The highest earners will make more than $42,600 annually. The area in which you live, your level of experience and demand in your area will determine your specific salary range.
Phlebotomists are in high demand in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Find the right training program and start your career today.